Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

“Remember there is a person here in America, in the state of Kentucky, who understands you.”
-me (this is my own version of a quote by Jimin)

Part 5!!

The Lost Letters of Panem (A Collab With Coolgirl2020); Part 5.

11
​​Dear Haymitch,

I know this probably seems odd that I’m writing to you. But I wanted to tell you about an idea I had and I wasn’t sure if I’ll get a chance in the next couple days to tell you without Katniss around. I figured I may as well write this to explain my idea, and then maybe you can help me decide if it’s a good one.
 After the Tribute Parade earlier, I found myself feeling more hopeful. Not for myself, but for Katniss. The crowd went crazy over her. They’re even calling her the Girl on Fire now. I found myself thinking that she actually has a chance to win these Games. But she’ll need some help. I know you know this, but if we’re being completely honest, Katniss doesn’t make a whole lot of effort to come across as likable. She’s one of the most stubborn people I’ve ever met, and she’s not eager to open up to the crowd either. I understand how she feels; I don’t like telling all my thoughts to the people who are waiting to watch me die. But I know that to get sponsors you have to make an image for yourself. And I really don’t think the defensive, vicious approach is going to work for either of us.
 So here’s what I was wondering: if I said something during my interview about Katniss, would it change the way the people view her? 
 To tell you the truth, I want her to win. I really, whole-heartedly want her to make it out of the arena alive, even though I know that means I won’t. And I know it sounds stupid, but I love her, Haymitch. I’ve loved her for a long time, and I couldn’t bear to see anything happen to her in the Games. So I need you to help me find a way to help her survive. I believe she can do it, she can stay alive if you can just give her a little extra help. If we can all be a team, I’m confident we can get her home.
 What if I were to tell the audience that I’m in love with her? Would that do anything for her? I just thought that maybe it would help to make an impression, since they’re all just here for the show anyway. If I talk about how incredible she is, and how I’ve always loved her, would that set the stage for her to seem more desirable? Maybe it wouldn’t work, but I was hoping I could find some way to give her an advantage. I need to talk to you, because you know more about this than I do. But just think about the idea: the star-crossed lovers from District 12. I’ll find a time to talk more about it more soon. Thanks.

-Peeta

Ps. Let’s not mention it to Katniss, okay? I think it would be better if we don’t. Not yet. 
Hey! This is Part 5. of the Lost Letters of Panem, my collab with Coolgirl2020! It’s based on the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Keep an eye out for part 6. with Coolgirl2020! Hope you enjoy, and have a lovely day!

• beth r.

wHy is peeta so pure, kind, and adorable??
    you're lucky to have him lol :)
    re: thanks so much for the comments! ps- i also used to love dog with a blog XD

• Bhavya's Treasure

Peeta is ever so generous and kind and well, in Love with Katniss!
    This is another of your well formed letter taking us right into the scene...
    Again, it's very Peeta-like. :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: When is your next letter going to be set? I need to know so I can plan my letter. <3

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Ahh, so that's what up. I was so confused because I was technically breaking all the speed limits when reading so my brain went ??? Reading it over, I get it now... I feel so happy because now I can finally read you and author Coolgirl's letters!!!

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

So sweet! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Book Kitten wants to be notified! <3

OH WOW! at first i thought Gale was writing this but it makes so much more sense it was Peeta lol LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

SavannaC wants to be notified for the next ones! I've already told her about this one, so don't worry about that! XD

• V-Rose

Okay. Deep breath in! SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so good! I love how you made him sound so hopeful and worried and determined and nervous all at the same time. And I liked how you mentioned that Peeta thought Haymitch had more experience. I think he was too drunk to pay attention in all the past games, but I loved how you added Peeta's kindness.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

AMAZING! AHH-Be STILL my heart! But lol, actually, had to sneak on my computer today to read this because I'm technically grounded until tomorrow, so Part 5 won't be today. :p

• books4life

LOVE!!!!!!

• ~madeline~

Re: I'm not doing much... I think I'm going to take a walk with some new neighbors, but that's probably the biggest event or the day lol. I'll probably end up doing some more of my trash writing to clear out my head. XD. Trash writing is always a fun time lol

• ~madeline~

AHHHHHH!!!! You literally nail the emotion and the voice EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I don't know how you do it!! Are you doing anything fun this weekend? (besides writing XD)

• RemovedUser1

Oh, I’m good. I’m doing something really cool today, XD. We’re doing a “prayerful protest” against Abortion. It’s supposed to be a time of prayer for our country and for mothers and worship. I made a sign that says “Babies are fearfully and wonderfully made,” like the Bible verse. It’s called “Life Chain,” and a bunch of different churches are doing it with us. How are you?

• RemovedUser1

Ah! I got the first like! YAY! Anyway, this is amazing!! His complete love for her is so cute and adorable and lovable. I still can’t believe you can read his mind like this, XD! This is amazing, and shows a little insight into how the whole “star-crossed lovers” thing came about! I missed part 5, so I’ll have to go read that, XD. Can’t wait for more!