Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

7
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE
throwback to poem V.

XXI.
 anything you want,
ask of me.
because i can give you the sun.
       yet, i can't help but feel
you want me to give you the constellations as well,
but i will not,
       and so you stole the stars from me

What do you think when you read this? I'd like to hear your interpretation, these poems are for all to hear and for those who wish to connect to them.
throwback to the fifth poem (V.)

• remi'sgotinkstains (hiatus--just need a little break!)

i love short poems so much! and this one is just so powerful in only a few verses! very well done ;)

Also, I'm sorry, I haven't been following this series very well, but whenever i see one pop up, I love it so much!!! This piece is so good. wow. with this, for some reason i imagine the person's lover peeling stars off of the person's arms/hands/wrists--like, as if the stars were part of the person themself. idk. This is really good!!! <3

re: omg honestly your comment was probably more insightful than my piece XD wow, I really admire what you took from that!! I wanted to really play up the sewing imagery, so i'm glad you got a lot of that. anyways, yeah, i'm impressed with your comment lol. I'm so glad you like the piece!! hope your day is going well :)

• Root

I had to go back to find your fifth poem to make sure I had context, but here are my thoughts:
    (1) I love the way you set this up! I love the structure :)
    (2) Keep in mind that I’m not very good at reading other people’s poetry yet, but my thoughts are that the narrator is being used/is in an unhealthy relationship? Since they made like one (1) boundary (‘you can’t have the stars’) and the person took them anyway
    (3) unless the stars are symbolic of an emotion like love or whatever in which case the narrator was trying to keep guarded but opened up anyway