tas (yellowbrickrd)

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
-the wizard of oz

16

just happy to be here :)
I drop in and out a lot, but always return, however briefly.

music: the walters (cutest lil songs)
show: bbc's sherlock (definition of high quality)
movie(s): dead poets society, princess bride, lotr (love old movies)
reading currently: mansfield park (jane austen)

Always glad to receive and give feedback, if you want a review just lmk

joined mid August 2020

the city was beautiful tonight

PROMPT: Intersection

45
She had never considered the city to be beautiful, did anyone? It was crowded and noisy; a pulsing, throbbing centre of human existence. This had been her destination for many years, but not because of anything to do with beauty. 

They were on the 24th floor and Neil couldn't stop talking about how they had snagged a "peekaboo ocean view". She helped to drag his bed across the room, revealing dust caked carpet, so that when he woke he would see this little patch of blue and the hazy horizon line. She preferred to hang over the balcony and look straight down at the road. It was a proper birds eye view. The gentle movements of the traffic-clogged cars and pedestrians were strangely mesmerising. Mesmerising, grand, maybe even elegant, but until tonight she had never considered it beautiful. Even now it the word seemed crooked though she knew it was true. The night sky was laid out before her, a glittering web of lights. The church bells welcoming ten o'clock with perfectly tuned laughter. Buildings stretching towards the sky glowing with the life of their residents. The city unravelled at night, sounds fell away and the air became thick with reflection and contemplation. Up on her balcony she floated on it, the calm of the lights and the murmurs. She wondered how many other people were looking over the city tonight. They were probably just like her; adrift, letting themselves be carried along in the swirling tide. Did they think the city was beautiful tonight? Did they lose themselves wondering, just wondering about nothing in particular? 
Not sure what this is, I'm confused as well.

the almost trance-like introspection in this piece is ever so lovely and ever so immersive! congratulations on the feature, it truly is a wonderful piece! <3

• Chloe :) <3

This piece is stunning!! Deserves the feature 100%! Congratulations!!

Ooh, I love this! Congrats!!!

• elliem

Congratulations!! This piece definitely deserves the feature. Your tone is hopeful yet melancholic and reflective at the same time. I could feel this picture all around me. Your imagery is so rich and vivid! Incredible work.

BEAUTIFUL <333 I loved hearing you read this!! Congrats!! :))

(also WHAT how am I not FOLLOWING YOU!!!!???)

Yay, I knew this was great! Congrats on having this amazing piece featured. :D

• Mina_77

Wow! how beautiful . . . reminds me just how much I miss the city's unique beauty - congrats, its an amazing piece.

• Abrianna

Re: Thanks! Yeah, I'm fine! How bout you?
    Congrats on the success of this piece! Great job!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Congratulations! :D
    This was so serene and beautiful. I found myself standing in that balcony and musing like the narrator.
    'the air became thick with reflection and contemplation.' This is my favourite and the ending allows one to reflect upon how we look at the world!
    Wonderful and congrats again. <3

this is absolutely beautiful! You have an amazing talent--so descriptive and captivating and oh wow--i have no words. Congrats on being featured!!

Congrats btw!

Beautiful! I love this :D

• lochnessie

AHHH CONGRATULATIONS I KNOW I'M ON HIATUS BUT I SAW THIS AND OH MY gOODNESS HOW DID I MISS THIS

• AbellePuppy34

This is a great piece! Congratulations!

This is amazing! I love your imagery! Congratulations on Wednesday words!

Also, about not being sure about what you wrote, I think that's the secret to being featured on Wednesday Words. The RGB piece I wrote, I was literally in my bed, the lights off, the fan on, and I write the piece XD

Coming back to your piece, again, it's truly amazing!

• em wilder

This is lovely! Haha, footnote lol. I don't know what I'm writing half the time, either. These lines stood out to me:
    "It was crowded and noisy; a pulsing, throbbing centre of human existence."
    " The night sky was laid out before her, a glittering web of lights."
    " The city unravelled at night, sounds fell away and the air became thick with reflection and contemplation."
    Keep writing, you have talent! <3

Congrats on wednesday words this piece is amazing!!

• Anlee

dannggg the imagery is so stunning! i really cannot pick out a favorite line or a section that i love the most because im just going to end up copying and pasting the entire piece <3

• ~Zoe N~

This is amazing, congrats

• sci-Fi

Congrats on wednesday words!!

This is great, so I'm okay with being mildly confusion