Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*
Peeta Mellark’s girl (9-24-20)

Part 3!

Part 4. is with Coolgirl2020!!!!

The Lost Letters of Panem (A New Collab With Coolgirl2020); Part 3.

14
Dear Katniss,

I still can’t believe this happened to us. I really don’t think I can find words to express how sorry I am that you’re here. I guess the odds are never in our favor after all. No one should have to go through this mess. But especially not someone like you.
 As I’m writing this, my memories are flashing through my head. It’s actually kind of like the blurry forests and mountains outside the train window in front of me. Even though we’re moving so quickly, leaving 12 behind, I can’t figure out how to truly let it all go. I keep wishing I was still safe at home, and I keep trying to figure out how to get back. But I know that’s just a waste of time.
 Every time I close my eyes, I keep thinking about the near future where I’ll close my eyes and they’ll never open again.
When I’ll die, and I’ll never again see the looming trees and dusty roads of our district. But maybe it really will work out in a way, because once I’m dead, I’ll be better off. I won’t be in pain anymore. I won’t have to deal with this pain of knowing I never told you how I feel.
 Somehow, I just know I’ll never give you this. I’m not even sure why I’m still bothering to write it, but I feel like I can’t stop now. Maybe it’s because I just have to get it off my chest. Or maybe it’s because I know you might actually win these Games, and some small part of me hopes you might find this. And then maybe you could understand why I never said anything after I threw that bread to you. Maybe you could understand that even though you probably didn’t know my name until a couple hours ago, I love you. It’s probably asking too mush for me to hope you’ll understand that, because I don’t understand it myself. But I know it’s true.
 Since the first time I saw you, I’ve always loved you. From your braided hair and your beautiful grey eyes to that determination that always seems to radiate from you, I know how special you are. I knew I liked you when I first saw you and heard you sing. We were only five years old. I didn’t see you much, but I thought of you every once in a while. That grew more frequent as I got older. Then years later, when I saw you in the rain, I recognized you immediately. It would have been hard not to recognize the girl who had been haunting my thoughts. My heart broke. I didn’t know what it was that I felt, but I knew I that I cared about you more than I had originally thought. I knew I had to help you somehow. And I didn’t know what else to do except throw the bread. I still hate myself for never talking to you after that. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t ever figure out how to start. I stayed up all that night trying to decide what to say. I had a whole speech worked out, but when you looked at me that next day, I felt like I was about to pass out. After that, I never really had a chance to talk to you. But I was still young. At eleven, I didn’t know what love was. 
 It wasn’t until about a year ago that I knew I was in love with you. I still don’t even know how it happened, but I love you, Katniss. I want you to know that before I die. Because I know I’m going to die in that arena; but you have a chance. You’re a survivor. You can hunt, and I know you’re smart. You still have a chance, you might still get to go back home. To your family, and to your friend, Gale. Yes, I’ve seen you with him a lot. You two seem to be so close. I wish I could say I’m not jealous of that.
 I don’t expect you to ever care about me, and I don’t want you to feel guilty for anything. Even if you have to kill me, I’ll still love you. I sincerely hope you win. Maybe you can teach the Capital a thing or two about doing this to kids every year.
 I think that’s all I have to say. I just wanted you to know how I feel, and that I think you have a very good chance of winning. I’m so sorry it happened this way. I hope somehow, someday, you read this. I’ll always love you, even if I never figure out why.

With much love,
 Peeta

Here’s part 3 of my collab with Coolgirl2020:  The Lost Letters of Panem. It’s based off of the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Have a great weekend!

• Cornflower Burst

So good! I love how the letter before was Gale's confession of love, and now we have Peeta's. It reflects the love lines of the Hunger Games really well.

• mindfruit

Re: Haha, thanks for asking! I think it's doing okay - I mean, I haven't really written anything this week on wtw, but I did some poetry in English class that wasn't too bad (the theme itself was eh but it rhymed which is good enough for me)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: OK, so, I would LOVE if you could just read over my Cedric + Hermione series and give me some feedback? You ABSOLUTELY don't have to! No pressure! And if you decide to, you can take as LONG as you want, I don't mind! Even a simple, "part 1 is good" would be fine with me. <3
    I will happily review both of your series, though it might take me a long while on top of schoolwork and everything. But I will try to review as much as I can, and I promise I'm not bribing you or guilting you into anything. I'll review both your series and you don't have to do a thing for me! But if you do decide to look over my series, I would be very grateful.

-Love,
    Coolgirl2020 <3

Chapter 13!

• RemovedUser1

Also, glad you like my suggestions, XD.

• RemovedUser1

Oh my gosh! This is AY-MAZ-ING! Ugh! My heart! I found myself having to sing Trolls song to cheer myself up because there was an ache in my stomach that was 25% hunger 75% sadness, XC. “ Even if you have to kill me, I’ll still love you.” AHHHHHHHH! This is so GOOD! Are you privy to Peeta’s most personal thoughts? “ Maybe you can teach the Capital a thing or two about doing this to kids every year.” And this reminds me of when they have that conversation on the roof about the games. Ugh, my comment CANNOT be long enough. You are AMAZING and your skill is TO DIE FOR!

• Bhavya's Treasure

'I guess the odds are never in our favor after all.' They will be Peeta, one day they will be! That's so well written Eden!
    'I’ll close my eyes and they’ll never open again.' I can feel Peeta's tears here!

'Even if you have to kill me, I’ll still love you.' I'm short of words to tell you how BRILLIANT this is. I hope Suzanne Collins would read this some day! (I'm honest, really! Fingers Crossed!)

You and Coolgirl are doing an Awesome job! Going to read hers....

Re: THANKS A LOT EDEN!
    You're always very kind and encouraging. I've to say that I've learnt a lot from you. I'm sorry the review is taking time but I'll try to do that as soon as I can. :)
    Love to Zi as well and regards to your dear Grandma

• Rachaelgrace

Really good!!!! :D

Re: Thanks so much!!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: You can wait however long you need to. :) And I think my next one will be written by Cinna after Katniss and Peeta make their first grand appearance, so is that OK?

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

XD Nope, Gale and I are all good now. Also, just posted the fourth part! <3 Hope you like it! It's REALLY different.

• V-Rose

Okay. *deep breath* *begins singing* LOOOOOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I liked how you added that he wanted her to show the Capitol that they were wrong! And I feel so bad for him. He sounds so helpless!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: I didn't want to, but there wasn't enough room to keep Gale when I mentioned the collab. Should I put it back on? I just wanted others to know about our collab and read it...

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! Going to write Part 4 ASAP!

• queenie

Too bad "The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes" flopped.

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: Thank you!
    Oh, I think I'm gonna cry! This is so sweet! <3

re: I think that is a sign of a great writer (meaning you as well as Collins) and a great character. Collins gave us a character we can relate to and love and understand. But not many see deep into the core of a character. It takes a fellow writer to look deeper and understand their characteristic on a personal level in such a way that they can write an accurate fanfic based off of that character.

• ~madeline~

Re; lol thanks!! Yeah I like the way baking is kinda mindless as long as you follow the recipe. I love hobbies that don't take much skill. XD I'm glad you like the PfP!! I made it using Google drawings because I didn't lke the other one.. tbh I'm not sure if this one's better, buuuuut... It's different *shrug* :)

• books4life

i have tears in my eyes! literal tears!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!! SOOO MUCH!!! :)

oh my word. this made me tear up a little. part of me wishes this was cannon and katniss did find the letter. oh man...imagine her finding it in his belongings when he was under capitols control or even when he was in custody...okay now i might actually cry lol. seriously tho...you have no idea how amazing this is. I can't even pick a line as a favorite cause it all flows so well and is so perfect and so peeta! It captures his character perfectly.
    so so so good! Thank you for telling me this was out!

• ~madeline~

Re: oof well since you were the one who introduced me to the books I guess I can't complain... Yeah I like to bake but I don't do it much cause most of the stuff I do is bad for me and so I can't do it like every day... XD I want to claim someone, but I'm not sure quite who...

• ~madeline~

Re: Thanks!! I'll def let you know when I publish :) And yeah, I work in the mornings and since my parents are literally the only doctors who work there I kinda cheated cause they were like 'we need someone to call patients cause none of our staff wants to do it' XD. But it's pretty chill and I can do it from home... And it gives me kinda hilarious stories to tell XD

• ~madeline~

AHHHHHH THIS IS SO GOOOD EDEN!!!!! ARHGIHG)OIJ "But maybe it really will work out in a way, because once I’m dead, I’ll be better off. I won’t be in pain anymore." My soul is crying XD X( Please save me from this misery.....JK Love it...

• queenie

RE: I love the idea of putting characters you like in your bio. TBH, I have a crush on a character I created..sooo..yeah.

• queenie

Re: Ah, I just read your bio. Carry on, then, lmao

• queenie

Wow, thanks for breaking my heart into a bajillion pieces.
    I think I'm gaining a bit of a crush on Peeta now.