Bhavya's Treasure

I'm a being just like YOU yet so different! :)
WtW Big Sis
A Calm Soul
No mad rush
Multilingual
Nature is my breath
Sanskrit is language of my soul
Currently reading:
Srimad Bhagwat Geeta (Hindi)
A Thousand Splendid Suns

Don't forget to answer my question! XD

Hey, Meet Me!

PROMPT: YOU in threes

25
We explore the world around us everyday; observing how a dog wags its tail, how a tree dances upon the musical beats of wind, how our neighbours try to sneak into our garden sometimes but do we look at ourselves? How we react, affect, influence, adore, care, love, see, feel and think? How the world looks at us? So, here I'm trying to discover myself...

# Three quirks or idiosyncrasies:
1) Sharing my sorrow and happiness with plants during the day and with my moon at night.
2) Delivering my future alumni speeches and workshops in front of the beautifully bordered bathroom mirror, and applauded by the toiletries for my excellent performance.
3) Picking up clothes randomly because match-making is a tedious task. I believe in fast fashion like Queenie says. XD

# Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual):
1) Mad for Coding
2) Library leeches
3) Care for the Elderly

#Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you:
1) Incredibly sweet
2) Satire's big sister
3) Gregarious

#Three adjectives your family would use:
1) Culturally awakened
2) Studious
3) Slightly stubborn 

#Three adjectives you would use:
1) Considerate
2) Diplomatic
3) Philosopher

#Three beliefs you hold:
1) Never detach yourself from your cultural roots because rootless trees can't survive. 
2) Walking against your conscience's voice is a cardinal sin.
3) The energy which is breathing life into this world is called God. He is your best companion, never disappoint Him!

#Three (+2) pet peeves:
1) People chewing loudly without closing their mouths.
2) Smoking anywhere (especially around me)
3) Nail biting.
4) Talking too loudly on phone calls
5) Saying Bye for the third time but still not hanging up

#Three sources of comfort.
1) WhatsApp group of school friends 'Davians'
2) Together with family at the dining table
3) Reading an interesting book in my sun-kissed airy balcony.

#Three specific physical descriptions:
1) Trapezium shaped front teeth with the left one overlapping the right one slightly.
2) Dark brown eyes with thick black eye lashes
3) Yellow-white small palms reddening at the periphery, seemingly bloodless in the middle. 

#Three favorites:
1) Punjabi Songs with bearable lyrics
2) Trips to the hill stations
3) Cold milk/water/juice beverages

#Three things about you that very few people know:
1) I used to play mobile games in grade 6, hidden under the quilt at night which led to me being spectacled while others have this false impression that it's because of my excessive studying.
2) I'm an awesome bathroom singer but outside those four walls people hear me croaking.
3) The first time I had seen my menstrual blood I'd assumed it to be a deadly disease and was sure that my life would be over soon. I had prayed to God day and night and hadn't told my family. Using bundles of cotton, hiding my pants and many other silly things helped me in keeping the secret. After a week or so the blood stopped and I was so so HAPPY! God had cured me, that's what I'd thought. But next month that started again and my grandma caught me. I was crying like a maniac but they told me it's NORMAL. I still laugh a lot when I recall my innocent stupidity.

#Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual:
1) I forgive easily but do not forget.
2) Listening to BK Shivani and trying to implement all that she preaches definitely makes my life better and perhaps special
3) Brooding over ongoing things while hanging out in balcony and observing every strand of air. 

#Three flaws:
1) Designing a time table everyday but at the end always wondering why I didn't follow it.
2) Trying to be a morning person but end up being a night owl.
3) Disappointing myself with my behaviour sometimes.

#Three instincts that serve you well:
1) Listening to the gut feeling
2) Believing that whatever happens is for the greater good, so, better be patient and accept the results. Action is in your territory while results are not.
3) Listen to everybody but walk on your own

#Three (+1) questions you have:
1) Why is peace still an ideology and not an ultimate reality?
2) Why do people walk on the wrong ways despite knowing all the consequences?
3) Why do some people pretend not to believe in God when deep down in their hearts they silently pray while encountering desperate situations? 
4) When an animal is exploited brutally some people blast social media with millions of messages but do they care about a dead lamb rotting in their refrigerator?
(No offense meant. Just a casual reminder to introspect. We all try to improve ourselves and if we persevere, our to do list will become a catalogue of 'Mission Accomplished') 

I've answered all the points to the best of my abilities. Now it's your turn to answer my question. :D

Which three adjectives will you use for me? (Be honest, Please! I'm not very fond of cheese. XD)

• October 4, 2020 - 5:55am (Now Viewing)

• JustAnotherDarling

Re: BAHAHAHA I never thought I was baptizing my plants (I'm cackling - the idea is just too funny) I just name them because I keep them in my study room - and it gets lonely sometimes, so it's good to remember there's another living thing in the room with me :) I understand like 2% of Punjabi LOL (okay, maybe a little more, but I rely on my mother for translations more often than not :) And I shall heed your advice and stay away from "Chocolate"!
    I'm sorry to say I gave up on Hindi. I obviously speak it at home, but I have shifted my attention to mastering French - hopefully, one day I'll be able to escape to a cute lil town in France :D

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Ooh, that would be a pretty dress! And that Indian desert sounds so good, XD. Thank you! And you had to be there!
    Haha, yeah. My sister thought of it XD.

Yet another re: Oof, I didn't see that. Oh well, you get the point :)

Re: We are only as great as our elder sisters :)

• Jasmine khawar

Random question: where do you live in India? (If you don't mind answering this)

• Shay

Re: Actually, Poseidon is my Percy Jackson godly parent. (I took a quiz on it. ) If you haven't read Percy Jackson, you should really check it out, It's awesome.

Re: Thank you so much! I didn't realise it was already on YouTube. Your words meant a lot, I was so worried people wouldn't understand my accent, because it's kind of an Indian + American accent, which is really hard to decipher :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awwww, yay! Thank you so much, and I’m so excited to read it!! :)

• RemovedUser1

I officially invite you to my prom! The sky is the limit and we’ll dance with the stars. https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/194476/version/395395 .

• Shay

Re: Thank you so much. You can't hate your little siblings forever because they grow on you. Also, she's not sure if she should join or not next year (she's only 12). I'm trying to convince her though, because she is sooo talented.

• Jasmine khawar

RE: I HATE THOSE KEYPAD MISTAKES!!!
    And thankss

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Re: I haven't heard of her before, but sure, I will browse on her ^-^ Good day!

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Aw, your welcome! I can wait, just take your time lol. You are a busy person, I can see ^w^

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, sending many hugs! Much love, my dear sis! <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Somehow I know

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awesome! Somehow I bet you’ll be absolutely AMAZING at that! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: oh yes? I’m the air everywhere? XD Also, what are you going to study in collage?

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww, thank you so much!!!!!!!! You made my day, yet again, with your amazing comment! I spent a lot of time on that chapter (including rewriting my first version!) so I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Yes, Peeta and I get along great, he’s very sweet! XD And okay, that’s so interesting about your profile picture! Thank you for explaining it to me! And also, I like your new spooky username! :)

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Replying: Thanks! I appreciate all the support. As to how I got in at age 12, well, my teacher wanted everyone in my class to join the site, but I skipped a grade (kind of) so I was the only one not 13. My mom was able to send in a permission slip to let me join the site.

• queenie

Bewitching Tombstone

• rise

Re: Thanks for the uplifting comment! happy to meet a fellow Potter fan!

• RemovedUser1

Replying: I’m glad you liked my adjectives, XD! Have a great day, mystic, caring, observer! XD!

• madeline3.14159

Re: Thanks for the book suggestions!! They are going on my list... And yes, Divergent was one of the books that kindled my love for sad endings XD.

• Fernweh

re - you are totally welcome!!!!!! <33333
    ikr? insects creep the hell out of me and my parents are always like they are so small and you are so big. i mean, I HATE INSECTS, how hard is that to understand?
    aw, congrats on being the head girl, i m just a prefect....everyone's a head girl, even SunV is....
    *i m just gonna go and cry in a corner*
    *sniff* *sniff*
    wouldn't a room of requirement so epic to have? too bad it's only found in hogwarts.
    oh you have a brother? younger, i presume. i too have a younger sister and she is the most annoying person ever, i mean i love her but how can someone be so annoying?
    *sighhhh*
    and you know what? your comment made MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3
    suhanee

• Jasmine khawar

Re: of course you understood it right!! :D

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Re: Thank you! I am happy you like them :) In fact, the credit goes to my dad. He is the one who taught me all these stuff and I just put them up in words and some thoughts from my little mind. We have many more things to discuss, but if we start talking about all of them, the conversation can get more and more heated and never end. I am really happy to meet someone with similar thoughts of mine (in fact I have never thought I would). I have been quite inactive in this Community these days and thank goodness, your peace was in the dashboard luckily. Regarding the comment you had provided what is "paakhand?" I have never heard it before. And btw, how do you pronounce your name? Is it just Bhavya or Bhaavya?

Re: Oh my goodness, thank you so much! You're so sweet!

• birthdaycandles

Replying: Ahahahaha! Our fridge has been leaking for months and she keeps stepping in the puddle of fridge water, so she always has to go change her socks lol! No matter how many times I tell her, she always forgets and steps in the fridge water ahahaha Don't worry though, we're thankfully getting a new fridge sometime soon ;D

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Lol, I made almost everything up. I just wanted to make it more playful and fun, the other parts have been kinda dark and soulful.

• Rohan’s Defender

Also, what exactly does your profile picture stand for? It’s pretty, I really like it!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, my sweet sis! Thank you so much, you really have made my day so many times with your amazing comments! Thank you so much!!! I’m so glad you like the collab, it’s been really fun! Also, I really love writing from Peeta’s perspective. By the way, I am hoping to publish the next chapter of my fan fiction this weekend! And when I finish that series (it will be a while, don’t worry!) I am going to do another fan fic! I also don’t think I’ve officially told you yet, but as my WtW sis I want you to know: I officially claimed Peeta as my fiction boyfriend last week!! XD Also, take as long as you need with the review!! Much love!!!!!!! <3

Here's what I think...
    1. incredibly talented
    2. very friendly
    3. passionate
    I could go on, but I'll remember that you said only three, and stop it here :D

• JustAnotherDarling

I admire how good you are at introspection! I'd say that you're
    1) wise beyond your years
    2) friendly and warm
    3) careful and deliberate :)
    AND YES! gosh, I really wish Punjabi songwriters/singers wrote better lyrics! The beats to their songs are GREAT but then you hear them comparing a girl to a car or something....such a letdown, honestly XD

Replying: No problem! Also, I submitted the review so you should get it any time...

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

1) Supportive!!
    2) So sweet and kind <3
    3) An author at heart!

Re: Thanks! I'm so glad God was able to touch your heart through my piece.

• Fernweh

1. wise Owliee
    2. sweet as sugarrrrrrrrrrrr
    3. someone totally awesome and intellectual i have recently come to know and look upto
    (and a few more adjectives or phrase, coz i m a rule breaker and you are worth it)
    4. incredbly hilarious
    5. supportive as hell
    6. gives warm vibes
    7. an overall cool person for me
    8. and i gotta consult my dictionary for a few more 'big words'
    9. but yeah one of the most awesome person on WtW

and now i m your responsibility XD

• Jasmine khawar

1. SWEET!!!
    2. a great motivator
    3. Humorous
    4. I made you my official wtw didi XD to give me advices and suggestions <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi!!! Thank you for doing this piece, it’s so neat to read more about you! Okay, adjectives for you (I’ll be honest)
    1. Sweet
    2. Very intelligent
    3. Positive
    :) <3

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Hey philosopher, I am not such a great expert like you, so I am not really sure if my thoughts help.

1. The world needs peace, but it's just a second preference. Yeah, everyone is wearing a fake mask saying that they need peace, but what they care more is fun. We live in a generation where people protest for peace, while protesting itself is violence. I am an activist. And so, yeah,I strike. I run through a lot of campaigns and programs, when my own family is against me. But still, I have hope in me. Because as you said, I have a strong passion with my roots. There is a story from the Mahabharat, where all the five Pandavas are divided in a forest. Lord Krishna asks them to go inside and see what's happening. And all the five see different things and Nakul finds a large rock running down a hill. He was very much frightened that he may die, but the rock was stopped by a grass :) That's what Krishna explains, one day the whole world can be a disaster but let the age be young or old, let the mind be strong or weak, if you have hope, you will win. And that's what I believe.

2. As I said before, people need fun and for that they may go to any extent. You might have heard about the constant cases dealing with abuses to women in our country; you might have seen a drunkard lying on the streets; you might have seen fast bike riders on busy roads; They know that they are on the wrong track and yet, they love what they do. FUN, sometimes the word is lovely and other times... I would rather not say.

3. There are many reasons behind this. One, many people hate the rituals and religious practices. In South India, we bathe the statues of God in milk, honey, ghee, turmeric water and sandal. This is not liked by others. Also, you know we all decorate with flowers which actually means wasting the nature's gifts and then, people hate worshiping a stone. They say that temples are made by humans, sculptures are made by humans, what you call as God is made by humans, so why should I worship something I made? This question is a very popular one in our country. And our own texts have the answer. In those times, if you go to someone and say, hey God is inside you, they will just blink. And if you had asked this to a hunter, he might have torn you apart to find which part of your heart had God. So, for them, we created an idol showing how majestic God is. And then people started worshiping it as God. You may ask, the times are gone. I believe God is in me and I am constantly worshiping him, let me tell you something interesting. When people go to a temple, all their bad thoughts get disappeared. We pray for food, we pray for peace, we pray for love, we pray for care. The place is full of positivity. Where there are good thoughts, your mind feels fresh and free and that's the reason you have temples. I believe this, when you go to a temple and see the idol, you can't see God. Yeah, I bet you can never see him. But when you get into a temple and see God, you can never see the idol at all :) This takes quite time to understand, but that's the truth, it is what it is.

4. We live in Kaliyug, where everyone is mentally affected in some way or the other. Yeah, that includes you and me. You know, in this yug, 95% of the world is bad. You can never believe anyone. If people actually care a lot about animals, just pray for them sincerely and don't harm them. Putting up a status update with a fifty pictures with captions like rest in peace and return if possible and all those stuff does not define you. You are what you are. You know what you are. I am not saying that you should never post such stuff, you can. But don't overreact. I am not a vegetarian, so I don't actually have the rights to say this, but I have no way. Jesus never told you that you should celebrate his birthday with bacon. Allah never told you to kill animals. GOD needs you to be good and not to kill anything for food. But if you still care a lot to show how much you care, then just bugger off. I can never change such a person. In fact such a person can never be changed.

Whooooo! Bhavya, that was too much right? And sorry if I were quite rude with my words. That's my problem, I go out of control! Good day dear girl! Let God bless you :)

PS: That menstrual line! Oh my God, that's the silliest thing I have seen someone do XD

• birthdaycandles

Oh and three things to describe you..

1. A sunrise rising behind a dark, snowy mountain
    2. A future famous writer/poet/author with so much talent, perspective and potential
    3. Like a rainbow that doesn't move farther away when you try to go near it! :)

• birthdaycandles

Wow I think I have the same three flaws, that one with the making a timetable and then not following it is soooo me! I always have the best intentions lol!

Re: Aww thanks for asking! I'm ok! My school dance (formal/prom) would've been yesterday if there was no covid so it's kinda weird lol, that's what that poem was about! I'm a bit tired of things getting cancelled because of this, but I know it's to protect the vulnerable so we have to just accept it, but there's still part of me that's disappointed because I've waited 7 years for my formal just to dress up like a princess and have a fun time with my friends before I leave for college at the end of this year xD It feels like this pandemic has robbed me of so many things, but oh wellies. I'm not gonna focus on the negatives. How're YOU doing?! P.s Will I call you Bhayva or B.T or? I feel so bad not knowing what to call you whenever you know the spelling of my name perfectly!!!!

• RemovedUser1

This is so good! I definitely agree that you are a philosopher. Your writing shows that perfectly! Three things I would use to describe you....
    1. Mystic. How you describe things are so amazing...
    2. Caring and appreciative.
    3. An observer. There’s no way you could write like this if you weren’t an observer.
    This is very interesting! It’s cool reading how other people do stuff. Great job!

• queenie

I'm honored to be mentioned in this piece, XD. I also am not too fond of cheese myself. Let's be frank. American cheese sucks.