buddingauthor

15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), and Divergent.
Please suggest any, absolutely anyyy good book you've read, Ill try and get on board!

Light Bulb

18
An idea strikes, at the oddest place imaginable, and I rush to note it down in my book so I don't forget it. Suddenly, I am writing a whole article or story around that one idea. Then, more ideas start brewing in my mind and I have to tell myself to stop because I have to do other things. But that feeling is the best feeling in the world because I feel very creative and realize the power of words and the gift all writers have been given. This situation is also quite rare. I don't always get ideas, specially when I force myself to write. And this has made me realize that writing cannot be forced, it has to come naturally and one has to really be impacted by whatever they are writing about because we only write about something that has impacted us or has made an impression on us. A pen is indeed more powerful than a sword and I am grateful to all who know how to use it wisely.

1

• Starlitskies

This is so relatable!!! You have no idea! And you're right, " But that feeling is the best feeling in the world because I feel very creative and realize the power of words and the gift all writers have been given." I totally vibe with this line. I'm glad I came across your profile! :)

• storie_bird

this is really inspiring: thanks:)

Re: haha, that's funny, because Murder on the Orient Express is one of the few Agatha Christie novels I HAVE read (I read another one, but I can't remember what it was called). I have to find more of her stuff but I'm so busy reading for school right now I don't have time.

This really captures all writers when ideas come to them! Also, I also love Agatha Christie! Have you read Murder on the Orient Express? The new movie is pretty good!

• Mpm#1

Oooooo this is good! :)

• anemoia by a thread

Wow. A testament to the spark and drive inside almost every person in the WtW community. This piece shines. Very relatable; describes the inspiration process that strikes us, but in a poetic and powerful way.

• Rachaelgrace

This is so good. Im so glad I discovered you!

• queenie

Really insighful piece
    "A pen is indeed more powerful than a sword and I am grateful to all who know how to use it wisely." Is my favorite line.