Nathaniel G. Williams

13

He/Him

ENTJ-A (Commander)

Ravenclaw nerd

Sci-fi/Fantasy

Open to all genres.

Please be honest in all your reviews.

Justice for all!

#BlackLivesMatter

This "review" is based off of a real place I know quite well. I have found writing this somewhat of a challenge yet fun. Please be completely honest about what you think. I know my writing has flaws, but I'm just not sure exactly what flaws. I'm open to any suggestions.

Semohnowt Treets Nosam

My whole life I have traveled the world. I have gone to several different towns, states, and countries, and have seen many more neighborhoods than many people get to see in a life time, but never before have I seen a place like this.
    All the houses are two or three-story tall condos linked together. There are 3 condo buildings, each containing 3 condos. 2 of the buildings have two stories, 2 of them have 3 stories. Inside the complex, there is a guesthouse, a large patio in front of the guesthouse, and a parking lot.
    This community has a very interesting, I guess you could say, "political system." They elect a president of the board every year or so, and that person is in charge of planning parties, potlucks, and meetings. They have to figure out what time works for everyone, and sends out all the announcements themselves. Every once in a while they have meetings, discussing their lives and what to do in the community, overview of rules, etc. It's quite fascinating.
    Now the strangest part about this community is the autonomous collective known as "Sydnia." 6 children came up with the idea for this "country" all on their own. The history is really quite interesting. 
    Sydnia came to be when 5 children created a small fort on part of the patio of the guesthouse inside of the community and created a new game. In their system you were required to have a paper "key card" and a mask to enter. Then one day, 1 other boy joined them and completely changed what the game was about. 
    This child, Hajile Grebnesie, proposed to create a small country inside of this fort. The other kids agreed, although not super enthusiastically. However, they were open to new ideas. A president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and general were named among them. Now-Secretary Hajile Grebnesie started talking about his ideas for this "country", and together, these 6 children created there own small "nation". 
    The people of this newly-formed "nation" then decided to expand their borders, extending it to the whole patio, and create their own law system. Together, they created a law system and a strange yet stable system of government. However, opposition from some of the parents arose, and slowly changes started to be made. Soon, Secretary Hajile realized that they needed new leadership eventually. The people of Sydnia came up with two ideas: elections or spinning a wheel to choose everyone's job. They had a big meeting in which they voted, and they compromised to have a box with slips of paper with names of jobs on them, have each person draw a job every two weeks, and rotate jobs, forming an autonomous collective.
    This whole community amazes me. The system, yet so different than that of different neighborhoods, works perfectly. It also astounds me how well 6 kids were able to work together to form an autonomous collective! this community is just amazing in so many ways.   

• Rachaelgrace

Nice work! :D

• Spade

Hello!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: That's a great idea! I'll definitely think about it! Thanks! <3

• Nathaniel G. Williams

P.S. See if you can find the Monty Python reference (even though, yes, we ARE an autonomous collective)

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Re: backwards title Thanks queenie hawthorne! The backwards title is part of the prompt. It's supposed to be based of this anthropologist's essay about the Nacirema people (Nacerima is America spelled backwards if you didn't notice) It's to help anthropologists see what bias is and help prevent it, I think.

• ~Zoe N~

Wow, I love this! It's so cool that you have seen so much of the world :)
    Also, Welcome to WtW, I'm Zoe! Here is a helpful piece to get used to this website https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/193389/version/392721

• Mpm#1

I didn’t quite get it at first, but once I reread it, I did and I quite like it! Very nice job on this piece, and welcome to Wtw!

• queenie

this is really well written, but if i may ask--why is the title written backwards?