queenie

~

;)

unanswered

12
they say that
too much honey
makes the youngest ones 
bitter
and they grow
old with
shriveled hearts
is that the case
for he whose
legacy
is a
gold star
with 
people of
color
telling his story
while life goes 
on unfiltered
a.ham
wrote
frantically
with no means
of stopping
with spilled ink
and frayed
relationships
spilled across the page
until the
bullet
hit him
right between the
ribs
did 
burr mean
his heart?
all these
unanswered
questions
linger
above my
head at
three AM

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

replying: It is supposed to be about the romance and grief that he goes through. But I wasn't sure if it came across that way sorry. I just didn't want to accidentally portray the wrong message or I hadn't picked up on something I had said that might have been offensive. I thought it might have been better safe than sorry. Sorry for confusing you. Thanks for your comments and support. :)

• Paper&Pen

This is so beautiful. I honestly never ponder anything at night, maybe plot a story, but that doesn't hold a drop of water to this.
    P.S Of course you can use the prompts. (That's why I wrote them..Srry, that wasn't clear)

• JustAnotherDarling

I love your 3 a.m. thoughts so much - they're so much deeper than mine, which usually just consists of: I'm tired; maybe I should sleep soon XD
    Re: I totally get what you mean by the feeling bittersweet - that's how I felt when I was writing that poem! I used to want to be a princess when I grew up (back in elementary school) so I was thinking back on that and how I really don't think being a princess would work out right now.

I love the Hamilton references! It's such a fascinating thing to wonder about—the musical is also really good; I want to see it in person someday.

• beth r.

re: omigod i can't. the whole freakin playlist kills my heart.

• Cosmogyral

Re: the movie "Twister" made it look fun, haha

• Cosmogyral

Re: *sniffle* bro, thanks :')

• Cosmogyral

Re: aha, wow, that's flattering, thanks! :) It's all philosophy, teen angst, and a firm hold on confidence in your piece's tone. If I feel like my voice would crack or shake with a line if I were to read it out loud, I know it's not the right fit and I'll have to rewrite it. For me, it needs to resonate within myself before I can feel it'll resonate with others, it has to be strong, dusk, and almost palpable. Thank you again, you are very sweet <3

• beth r.

aight im gonna cry now and listen to who lives who dies who tells your story
    thank you for that

re: you flatter me, love. by the way, i saw the use of latinx in your bio! i'd always known it was an important term to use--it's because of the gender neutrality of the term, correct? i'd always been really pleased with how often i've heard the term, considering how inclusive it is. i'm rambling now. sorry!!

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Thank you for reviewing, I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon I hope xD What can I review for you?

• katnissromanoff

This was so excellent!!!!! I love Hamilton!!!!! :):)

re: XD nice

ALEXANDER HAMILTON (starts screaming lyrics at top of lungs) YESSSSSSSS this is awesome!!! love your writing <3