Deleted User

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Sophie's Surprise

4
"Are you sure you want to do this, Foster?" Keefe asked.
    Sophie sighed. She had asked herself the same question many times while making her plans, and she couldn't think of a reason why not.
    "Yes, Keefe, I'm sure. Fitz is going to be so surprised." She said as she finished twisting the last of the stringed lights around the smooth trunk of Calla's tree.
    "That's the thing. You see, I know Wonder boy and he doesn't really do surprises."
    "Well, he's gonna have to start," Sophie said, stepping back and examining her work. "There, everything's perfect. All I have to do now is get Fitz and the party can begin."
    "I've got a bad feeling about this, Foster." Keefe said, nervously.
    "Since when are you the one with the bad feelings? Besides, it's just a surprise birthday party for Fitz. What could go wrong?"
    It was Keefe's turn to sigh. "Foster, I'll never understand you, so I'm not gonna try. Just promise me that if Havenfield explodes, that you'll let me in on the action."
    Sophie slapped Keefe's arm, playfully. "Nothing's going to explode, Keefe. Now stop pestering me, I have things to do."
Sophie dug out her pathfinder and held it up to the light.
    "Make sure everyone stays hidden until I get back with Fitz, and then you know what to do." Sophie said before the light whisked her away.

Sophie appeared again at Everglen's gate to see Biana and Fitz both waiting for her.
    "Thanks for bringing him here. Your sure he hasn't found out?" Sophie whispered to Biana.
    "No. I think he's still clueless. Although he did get suspicious about my excuse to 'go for a walk' but it was like, the only thing I could think of."
    Sophie nodded. "Okay, you leap over to Havenfield and Fitz and I will meet you there."
    "Well then," Biana said out loud. "I think I'll go... See how Dex is doing." She gave Sophie a quick wink before holding up her path finder and leaping away.
    "Does she seem weird to you?" Fitz asked Sophie, pointing to where Biana had just disappeared.
    "That depends. Biana has always been sort of a mystery to me, you know with all of her girlish charm." Sophie's excuse sounded unbelievable to her own ears, so she wasn't surprised that Fitz looked anything but convinced.
    "So, what should we do?" Sophie asked, taking a step closer to Fitz.
    "You tell me. Or is it just a coincidence that you happened to leap here right when Biana and I were going on... A walk?"
    Sophie wanted to kick herself for not planning that out better.
    "What are you doing here, anyway?" Fitz asked.
    She also wanted to kick herself for not planning what she was going to say. So she did the best with what she could come up with.
    "Um, I came here to ask you if you wanted to come over to Havenfield for... Dinner."
    "And you decided this just now?"
    "No!" She said, a little too quickly. "I mean, yes. you see, Edaline thought that Keefe was going to join us, but then he had to cancel. Something about his dad thinking he was spending too much time around me, and that it was distracting him from his priorities. So, yeah. We have an extra spot." Sophie was rather proud of herself for the on-the-spot cover story. Plus it did sounded creepily like something Lord Cassius would say.
    Fitz did an adorable eyebrow raise. "And he canceled after you guys already had his place set?"
    Fitz's logic was really starting to get on Sophie's nerves.
    "Yeah, he didn't tell his dad about his plans. And when he tried to sneak out, Lord Cassius caught him and, well, you know how that always goes."
    Wow. Sophie was really starting to get the hang of this.
    "I guess I could see that. And you're sure Keefe won't be mad that I'm taking his place?"
    Sophie waved her hand, dismissively. "He actually hailed me and said I should ask you instead."
    "Well, if you're sure... I'd love to come."
    He could have just said that and saved Sophie from having to lie.
    "Great. Now we better hurry, wouldn't want to keep Grady waiting!"

Keeper Of The Lost Cities fan fiction!!!
This is part one and there will be one more part to finish the story :)

• ~madeline~

AGHHHHHHH!!!!! KEEPERS FANFIC??? This is amazing!!!!! I love it sooooo much

ahhhhh I LOVE KOTLC!!! and you stayed in the character and voice of the original characters!!!
    Re: thanks so much for the feedback! it's appreciated always.

re: yes I really need names! I'd love to hear your suggestions. Nothing I come up with fits at the moment. also haha I'm glad you like my pfp--I drew it :) I just watched the new episode today--it was amazing BABY YODA FOREVER!!

AHAHAH!!! I'M A HUGE KOTLC FAN SO YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! (sorry everyone, but I'll get to read part 2 before it's even published... So ha.) Love this so much!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, thank you! :)

AHH yass I LOVE this :) part 2! part 2! part 2!!! XD