Odyssey

she/her/violinist/reader/writer/theater kid/singer/ LOTR fan/Hufflepuff/ dreamer/sister/child at heart

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.” -Samwise Gamgee

Trying to craft meaningful stories while juggling school, family, and life in general.
Someone who likes to write and loves to live.
My username is Odyssey because we are all on our own journey. :)
Hi everyone reading this, I hope you are having a fantastic day.

You are loved and you have meaning. Never forget that.

I'll also probably forget to respond to comments- it's not cause I don't appreciate them ( I do- a lot), I'm just really absentminded.

Interested in art, the future, philosophy, morality, ethics, the origins of the universe, and the meaning of life. Trying to figure it all out.

On Faith and God

1
I have often wondered about the meaning of life. The textbook definition I learned in at my private, Catholic gradeschool was to obey, love, and serve God to the best of your ability to prepare you for life in Heaven with God.
As I’ve grown older, I have wrestled with making the faith of my family my own. I do not think I believe everything I have been taught. I am capable of making my own decisions.
I wonder if there is a God, if He is the loving and benevolent God I have heard of. I wonder why he does not show Himself to be God in a way all humans would understand and accept if he does exist. These questions raise doubts. 
But a world without God seems too big, and large, and dark, and empty. 
I am on a journey of discovery that began years ago and has led almost nowhere. Conclusions are definite things, and I am not prepared to make a definite decision. Perhaps it is better to wait and observe and learn and live than to make a decision that has a 50% of being incorrect.

And then I think, there must be others who wonder like I do. Other people searching, and questioning, and fearing the answer they may find. I wonder if- in the masses of all the people searching- even one person is correct. 
Please comment! I would love to hear everyone’s views, as long as they are written respectfully! 

• September 29, 2020 - 11:00am (Now Viewing)

I know what you mean. Although I'm not Catholic, nor did I attend a private school, I am a Christian (non-denominational, if you're wondering), and I've just believed that God exists and that I am here to serve and glorify Him since I was about eight. We do need to make our own decisions. I'm not sure if I believe everything I was taught either. It's true "But a world without God seems too big, and large, and dark, and empty." I guess, for me, I'm not necessarily doubting whether He exists, because that's too much for me. I'm doubting all the little things, the rules, the specific meanings of a verse, the way people twist the Bible for anything they want. I wonder about how it all intersects with the world. There are others who are questioning and searching.
    The last line really struck me: "I wonder if- in the masses of all the people searching- even one person is correct."
    If so many people are convinced about their beliefs, then who can be correct?