JustAnotherDarling

...departed sometime in the autumn...
should you ever need a friend, find me on Wattpad under the same username or at my Instagram: @almostttaesthetic

all my love, and then some more,
JustAnotherDarling

This is just inspired by a song I've been listening to on repeat recently (link in footnotes...READ THE WARNING BEFORE PLAYING IT IN THE CAR, please...for your own good :)

I got inspired by these two lines and wanted to understand unrequited love better, so here's the product of my experimentation! Also, I kind of sang along with it as I wrote it, so it's song lyricsy (ish?), and it's my first time trying something like that....so tell me what y'all think!

And if you listen to the song, let me know what you think of that too!

Love Unrequited

"Girl, you make me carsick/ Late night in a bar sick."

Stumbling home to you,
don't know where I lost my shoes.

And I'll wait out by the door,
don't know what to hope for.

Are you up waiting for me?
Can I beg for him to leave?

When you hold me, is it real?
Tell me how you feel.

Am I just something that you use
and feed a half-hearted excuse?

Girl, you make me carsick,
late night in a bar sick.

But I love feeling these chills...
Guess I'll stay for the thrill.
song: Carsick, by Maro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STuIEeFNWa8

*CAUTION* this song is mellow and all, but curses (f***) twice. listen with caution, my darlings <3

• queenie

re: YES REGGIE IS TOTALLY A REAL ONE. HE'S MY FAVORITE TO WRITE DIALOGUE FOR!

• queenie

re: each of these characters are fictional, so i'm not really related to any of them in any way. i wish ezra was real lmaooo

Reply: That letter was about mindfruit but i made it sappy hoping it would contribute to the passion of the letter lol
    And- Y'ALL HAVE THE BEST TASTE IN MUSIC :o
    honestly tho XD seems like we both like boba and the same kind of music :D

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Ah, okay! Just let me know when you have one, and I’ll get right to it <3 You have a splendid day too!

• lochnessie

re: ahhh thank you

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Thank you! What review can I do for you? <3

• queenie

RE: thank you, so is yours!

• madeline3.14159

Re: Thanks!! I can't count the amount of times I have thought I've been following someone and actually haven't. Yeah I hear a lot of crazy stories about what people believe because my parents are doctors. Sorry, but I don't think COVID is just going to leave after the election.

Reply: Yep, that song is...welp...still catchy :)

Re: haha yas!

• ~Zoe N~

Re: Yeah, Like I like Biden a bit better then Trump but that doesn't mean I like him. I don't want either of them to be president

• madeline3.14159

Wow!! This is great too! And thanks for the comment! I'm trying to regain some positivity after the insane (not in a good way) debate I just witnessed XD

• ~Zoe N~

Re: Yeah, I mean Trump doesn't care about the environment, he lies to the people of America about Covid and he doesn't listen to scientists and then Biden... yeah...

• beth r.

so good!
    re: tom all the way ;) gotta love the accent

Re: ikr.. I’m not sure the whole “song of the day” thing is gonna work here, it’s def gonna be up there for awhile ;)

Also- idk what in the universe kind of magic you used, but somehow I keep playing ‘carsick’ at least once an hour just to hear it again XD

re: I'm SO glad you liked the piece, and the song!!! Yes, the muse I wrote about is my girlfriend, but the piece was inspired by the song. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

• Cosmogyral

re: I've never thought of September babies as the start of the school year, that's more August in my state. I think of September as...the over-use of pumpkin spice too early in the year, but when it's early, it's cheap so hehe

• queenie

re: i don't know what color "sweetgrass" is, but it just felt..whimsical, you know?

• queenie

re: i guess not. i mean, who needs fruit when you have chocolate?

Re: Oh, thank you! And you're welcome, I suppose. Have a great day. :)

• queenie

re: i'm allergic to blackberries, hence the forbidden fruit aspect. but i suppose it's open to interpretation. I like yours better than mine, though. ;)

I love this piece! I haven't listened to this song, but i definitely want to now!! <3

Replying: Hm I can't say I pay much attention to the lyrics honestly; i can totally agree with the 'song of the day' part idk if i have a favorite at all.. *scrolls thru liked playlist* hmm its mostly upbeat songs and if its slow and sad then it better have extremely good lyrics XD

Re: Strange like how..try me ;)

The beginning lines are hilarious, but also really strong for a beginning. I like how this shows a conflict with somebody wondering whether the other person genuinely likes her.

Re: Right back atcha with this piece <3

@Just_A_Memory sammeeee except i prefer whistling cuz my voice needs a well deserved break every once in awhile XD

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

OOOOO! This is amazing! I love this! <3 I seriously really do. I was practically singing it xD

OOH wow. I totally see how you put this piece together while listening to the song its great!! Hm wow I rly do like this song