SunV

pfp from sleeping at last's 'daughter'

demiromantic? maybe
ca alum!

when the stars are the only things we share, will you be there?

est. 11/10/19

My first time trying to write something with a different language in it.... Hope you like it!

This is also really random, but how many of you could read the Hindi part, and didn't have to go to the footnotes for the translation?

Trust, it is a fickle thing

रहिमन धागा प्रेम का, मत तोड़ो चटकाय।
टूटे से फिर ना मिले, मिले गाँठ परि जाय।।

-रहीम

Trust, is a fickle thing.

It is as fragile as a string.
Or maybe the loose thread on your shirt.
Or the rocks, that are actually made from dirt.

Trust, is a fickle thing.
The melody line that it sings,
Tries it's best to stay up high,
But when it goes down, we know it's close to goodbye.

Trust, is a fickle thing.
For once it breaks, it is hard to fix.
Even when you repair the string,
The knot is always present in between.

Trust, is a fickle thing.
We must treasure it with our life.
For once it breaks and disappears,
It is hard to bring it back alive.

Trust, it is a fickle thing.
A Hindi quote from one of my chapters. It's called a दोहे, or a duplet in Hindi, and it's too beautiful to not share it with you. The literal translation of the quote:

रहिमन धागा प्रेम का, मत तोड़ो चटकाय।

Don't break the string of trust, for it cannot be repaired.
Even if fixed back again, there will always be a knot.

• November 22, 2020 - 6:33am (Now Viewing)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, that is creative! And wow, that’s a beautiful name!
    Okay, cool! I’ve been here since the end of July. And I’ll ask you a question: how did you find this site?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Aw, thank you so much! You’re so sweet!! :)
    And yes, so my username is from the Lord of The Rings. Rohan is a country in Middle Earth. How about yours?

re: hey SunV! I'll try to answer your questions as clearly as possible.

1. For the past few years, I've contemplated my identity and sexuality and gender. It really all started two years ago. I came out as bisexual (although now I'm fairly sure I'm a lesbian). I never really questioned my gender—I knew I was a girl. Still, sometimes I would feel like I wasn't, or like I didn't want to be seen as female. I was drawn to they/them pronouns, but I never tried them out until recently. I started doing more research, with the help of friends, and when I learned what a demigirl was, it just seemed to click. So now I use both she/her and they/them pronouns.
    2. I kind of answered your second question above, but I don't know if there really is any one right answer. For me, it just felt... right. It made me happy, on some days, to use different pronouns. It cleared up a lot of confusion about who I was and who I wanted to be seen as. And I don't think I'm done figuring it out, not at all. There's always more to learn about yourself. If you're questioning, don't rush yourself. You have your whole life to learn who you are, and really, labels don't have to define you. I know it's a little annoying to hear that, but it's true.
    I really hope that helped! Best wishes as you continue to find yourself <333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

WOW! This is gold! I wish I could read Hindi......
    How are you doing? I would love to chat if want.

• Bertrand

This is sincere ...though it takes time to gain trust, it might be lost in a sec

• poetri

Re: The prompt is to write about yourself as if you were your own best friend. So if you were best friends with yourself, how would you see you? Thanks for the question! If you follow the prompt I'd love to see. You're a lovely writer :)

• Rachaelgrace

Oh wow. This is so good! You are totally right!!

i love the repetition! also this is so true and i love the epigraph... beautifulness! <3

• Livsnjutare

This is beautiful!
    I published chapter 2, sorry it took long!!

• JustAnotherDarling

ohmygosh this is wondrous! "Or the rocks, that are actually made from dirt." how amazing that we forget such simple truths that make up our reality. i love this so much :)

• pluto-

dudeeeeeeeeee i have the same chapter!!! and i absolutely loved the poem. beautiful!!!

• Mina_77

Wow!!! written so beautifully . . .

• lochnessie

this is amazingly written!