Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

UPDATE 11/21/20: This is an older piece I'm republishing since I plan on entering it into the Scholastics. Please give me constructive feedback in reviews and/or comments. Thank you!
Should I change the age of the girl and have her age through the piece? (girl-woman-old woman or girl-youth-woman) or keep it the same, more ambiguous age? Also, if you vote for girl-woman-old woman, what's a word that means old woman? I'm having a brain fart lol.

motions of awakening (republishing for peer review)

27

the girl was like a sunflower. not in the way of being tall, yellow, and the center of attention. but rather in the way that she appeared almost completely still and alone, and if you watched her for hours, you wouldn't notice her change or grow. yet at the end of the day, you'd see that she'd been following the sun the whole time, moving ever so slightly in her quiet little world that she shared with the light.
    the girl was like a magpie. not in the way of being loud, careless, and popular. but rather in the way that she was so innocent and free. and she collected the small, discarded things of the world, treasuring them always, like the rusty pocket watch she found underneath a park bench, or the black kitten with a missing eye that wandered in from the woods.
    the girl was like a cloud. not in the way of being fickle, moody, and overly prone to wandering. but rather in the way that she always remained wistful and light, so full of mystery and possessing an unfathomable wonderous quality. she was pure and distant, but not unfriendly, and she never forgot how to fly.
I just watched one of the most wonderful movies I've ever seen, This Beautiful Fantastic, and I couldn't help writing immediately afterward (Well, not immediately. First, I went and stood outside for a minute). I was inspired by a line about sunflowers moving to follow the sun.
This wasn't intentional, but this piece is somewhat similar to the masterpiece that is The Boy Who Could Grow Anything by intoxicating starlight, so I must give credit to that.
My dad came up with the title. :)

1

• In Which Yaya Writes

Also, your dad is really good at titles XD. I might need his help sometime XDD.

• In Which Yaya Writes

Wow, this is AMAZING!! I love it so much. I think you should make her an old lady. That magpie section makes me think of an old lady with lots of trinkets.
    I don't really think I have any criticism after that. Oh, can you tell me when you're entering the Scholastics?
    Replying: Yeah, I know. Oh, and if you're a passerby, this comment will contain spoilers :). And I was SO SADDDDDDDD when Newt died. Oh, I feel like I'm going to cry now. I was planning on dating him if I ever entered the Glade... He still lives on. (If the movies weren't as good as the books and I feel this sad and attached, I might DIE reading the books XD). But I still kinda hate Teresa! But, without her betraying them, they wouldn't have been able to save the other kids and take down WICKED. *sighs* Truth be told, I loved it when Thomas punched Gally XD. But, I got to forgive him because he was out of his mind when he killed Chuck...
    R.I.P. Newt and Chuck. R.I.P.
    Aw, thank you! And I'm glad you liked the PFP! I think the wings and tail are my favorites, too :).

• Busssy.Beee

Re: You deserve it. ;)

• lochnessie

re: wahhh i know i'm so relatable
    ok ... agh ... R

• lochnessie

re: (grins) anne and C, sitting in a tree... (IT FREAKING RHYMES IM A GENIUS)
    ok anne and
    Carter Christopher
    Charles Caleb
    Christian Connor
    Cameron Colton
    Carson Cooper
    Chase Cole
    Carlos Calvin
    Camden Charlie
    Caden Colin
    Cayden Clayton
    Corbin Chance
    Colt Cody
    Cash Cristian
    Conor Cesar
    Cohen Caiden
    Conner Collin
    Cruz Clark
    Cyrus Cade
    Corey Chandler
    Cason Cullen
    Casey Cannon
    Callen Cayson
    Conrad Colby
    Cassius Chris
    Case Callum
    Curtis Carl
    Crosby Cairo
    Callan Colten
    Clay Clyde
    Casen Crew
    Chaim Colson
    Canaan Carmelo
    Cory Castiel
    Cain Cristiano
    Caspian Coleman
    Coen Channing
    Camdyn Camilo
    Chad Cedric
    Craig Camron
    Creed Carsen
    Campbell Cormac
    Cortez Cristopher
    Cillian Callahan
    Cashton Cian
    Clifford Cal
    Camren Caysen
    Clarence Carlo
    Chevy Chace
    Colter Coy
    Carver Clinton

PLEASE TELL ME HE'S NOT CALLED CARVER

• lochnessie

re: WOW A WHOLE MONTH
    (grins) anne and unnamed object of PMS romantic misunderstandings, sitting in a tree...

• lochnessie

re: yeahhh. thanks mum lol. now... changing subject.... what about you then? (grins evilly) surely all this PMS and romantic misunderstanding must be directed at sOmEONe

• lochnessie

re: no no no no no I wish. he has no idea I write... at all. sleepover was last time I saw him and we were camping with friends. but I haven’t seen him in really long lol

• lochnessie

re: nooo this is far too embarrassing to be shown to anyone. unfortunately I probably won’t ever see him again, anyway ... but yeah. I do like him a lot but I’m a bit way too young to actually LOVE anybody, lol, but it was kind of about being complimented and wanted around and being liked amiably. idk but I understand all of what you read.

• lochnessie

re: BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ok let me get my bearings you’re hilarious. also iwontbeshowinghimANYofthis but ok 1) ‘love’ we have a game where we are two old ladies Edna and Doris and we pretend like we’re gossiping over tea and call each other names like that lol. but wow how were you meant to know that lol
    2) well yesss technically I do... but I’d rather we stay good friends than weird awkward people lol
    3) you have NOT ruined our friendship and I understand ALL of your misunderstandings (well, kind of im a lot younger than you lol) <3

• lochnessie

re: ANNE IT WAS ABOUT A REALLY GOOD FRIEND who i like a bit but i don't really want to ever tell that because he's such a nice friend and i don't want to ruin it and my friend said you thought it was about like ... physical wanting and IT'S NOTTt

• lochnessie

re: ANNE I'M STILL UNDER THE BED

• lochnessie

re: rahhhhh annne remember i'm an ickle kiddo i really hope that was nOT where you were going because i asked my friend to explain your comment because i was confused and (screeches into pillow) aNNNEEEE i will not be able to forget this allllll dayyyyyyyy

• lochnessie

re: beside me on a sleepover (groans) he's my fRIEND oh mG this is the most awkward conversation i've ever had and you're not even part of it yet ahhhhhhhhhhhh

• lochnessie

re: (shrinks into chair) i don't think i'm so good at describing how i feel because that's not what i meant at ALL! reading back i can see how you read it lol but i was writing about the first time i felt cared for, or felt as though someone wanted me around - complimented, I guess? no fear, anne! if you're talking about (pauses to bury face in sink) what you seem to be talking about (bangs head against wall) NOT where we're going here (hides under covers of bed)

• Just_Those_Christmas_Memories (#Holidayvibes)

re: I feel like we're the same. Old souls together, remember lol. I'm not really sure, I guess. Do you feel like you're older?

Re: You know, I was scrolling through old pieces of mine, deleting some, rereading comments, and whatnot, and I keep forgetting that we've only known each other for such a short amount of time. Like, I feel like we've been around each other for years, if that's not weird. How we're not so far apart in age, and yet it feels like it at the same time. Crazy how perception of time changes.

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Re: thank you! I’m so glad you liked it! :) I really appreciate all your support, Blue! Love ya, mom! <3333

Re: thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked it! Those are mine! Hers were “But love’s not a thing you got to choose/try to resist you’ll always lose” Thank you for letting me know! I’ll add it on the message!

Re: thank you so much! I’m so glad you find it relatable, and that means a lot from you because you have such an amazing way with describing emotions and with words in general! Thank you!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ah, thank you so much. i'm definitely hoping to write reasonably often throughout these next few days!

• Starcatcher

Well I was like, 'Oh I have to start actually doing stuff now can't spend all my time reading ridiculously talented people's writing" but then my eyes wondered across this peice and I just had to read it. It was so beautiful!

• sci-Fi

This is GORGEOUS! You asked for reviews so I guess I'll do one...

Re: aw, that sounds great about your pastor’s wife! I’m sorry about your night tho. And hah, I am definitely considering it! I’ve just got to find a recent picture I really like...

Re: hey, Blue! I’m well, thank you for checking in! How are you? BTW, thsi is random, but I’m thinking about putting a pic of myself as my pfp... But I’m not completely sure yet.

• AbigailSauble

Well-written! I love how you delved into the more subtle aspects of nature, not the parts everyone notices. =)
    Also, thank you for your kind comment! <3
    Keep on! God bless!

• ambedo & sugar cookies (#holidayvibes)

oh my goodness. this piece. AHHHHHH i love it!
    re: you are so kind. thanks for all the comments! kelsea is amazing, as is taylor, bastille, and ingrid. and yeah, it is based on real life happenings. like, happening today. i dearly appreciate all your comments and support!

• Rachaelgrace

This is so good, Anne. I love the metaphors you use! Wow!!

• Kate Gardner

re: found poem
    thanks for explaining! I'm essentially a grandma when it comes to technology

• queenie

re: actually, these questions were from a new prompt that was posted on here called 'Dust Jacket'?

• beth r.

*frantically searches google*

*in british accent* ah it was marry poppins!

lol i live mrs doubtfire tho

• BizzleWrites

Replying: It was kind of funny because that is exactly the words I said. I didn't edit it at all and that makes it especially funny. Also, I said this after going shopping for the first time in four months. (My mum has been doing all the shopping since only one person has been allowed to leave the house for that where I live.)

• jun lei

replying: aldsjslj yes i do be unpublishing everything after a few days--

Re: *Shrugs* Oh well :) XD

Replying: Hm. Thanks heh consider the title changeddd

Re: Thank you, A lot. You've always been there to support me, even during the really hard times. I love you too. I really thought I was out of this to be honest, but it really hit hard today. Too much schoolwork has me in the dumps. <3

• Currently Unavailable

Replying: XD That was actually unintentional! I just thought that since most superhero costumes are skin-tight, they wouldn't have pockets for anything! But I definitely agree that it's dumb that girls don't have pockets in their clothes, so I'm glad you think it can be interpreted that way. <3

• AmethystsAlias

Re: Thank you for the welcome! I've been using this website for a few weeks now, but have only started posting content recently. Regardless, I still wanted to thank you :)
    Also, this piece is amazing! I love that it's a simile itself; comparing the girl to all of these beautiful things. It's the simplicity and yet descriptiveness that gives it power and meaning. Good job!!!!

This is lovely description and comparison! I'm going to check that movie out now. The lines about sunflowers are gorgeous!

Re: aww, so true! And awesome!!

Ps. I also just realized we both have birds now for profile pics!!!

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I ADORE IT! Also, I noticed you’ve adopted us all, huh? :D

• KBridget

re: thank you! and while im a devout atheist, i dont doubt thats the case for some religions. i wont get into a debate with you (at least not on this site lol) but that quote refers to religions like mormonism and jehovah's witnesses where you are required to shun and hate your family if they leave the church. or the fundamentalist religions that teach hate of the lgbtq community or non-believers like myself.

Re: Of course it's important, and I'm glad that you enjoy it. It really makes me feel like I'm doing something right

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Thank you! Yeah, that is kinda hilarious, XD. But they’re such good videos! I’m going to download the new Fireside Chat, XD. Yeah, I like that verse too, but I think it kinda gets pushed behind John 3:16 XD. But it’s really good :).
    Ugh, you have so many good papers I need to read, XD.

beautiful. wow. really beautiful <3 I love this piece <3

Oops. I meant to say the cat strayed in from the woods, not wandered in. Oh well.

This is beautiful! It went perfectly with the Cinematic Ambience music I was listening too xD It really brought out the colors and the mood. And great job to Dad xD Perfect title.

Re: Thank you so much for your help! I definitely like that title better. <3

• ek503

oh i adore this. wonderful piece <3