mindfruit

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
14
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Currently Reading: The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

~ Check out FantasyOtter12 for poetry and witty writing!
~ Check out my WtW mom, Anne Blackwood, for stellar poetry
~ Say hi to my WtW sister, Rohan's Defender, for great fanfiction, amazing poetry, and overall good vibes :)

If my life had a theme song, it'd be William Tell Overture

a quiet reflection on september twenty-seventh

28
nostalgia called me on the phone today ~
she said we hadn't talked in a long time
and that's how I found myself
pensively sitting on the crude swing outside
dangling my feet like a carefree toddler
doing.....nothing

thoughts came and went
brushing past my cheeks like the cool breeze
the air still warm with the scents of summer
a mother desperately holding onto her child
before she must depart for a new beginning

a sense of urgency returned to me
brief and sudden, it scolded me for wasting away the day
you have work to do! it screamed in my face
but i was content to stay right there
because for once in what seemed like a lifetime
i felt at peace.
I have no idea what I just wrote, but I'm satisfied with the piece. Thanks to Rohan's Defender for suggesting I do a bit of nonsense writing - it definitely helped clear out some of the messiness in my head :) Hope y'all enjoy!

• October 2, 2020 - 12:52am (Now Viewing)

Grateful that I found your writing. This piece expresses nostalgia and peace so well and gave me a new perspective on it. To me, nostalgia is bittersweet and cruel, but I never thought about how it could be peaceful and content. Also: KOTLC AND PJO?? Two out of my three top fandoms. (Team Foster-Keefe!)

• Dmoral

Oooo, like this

• Figwit

Wow! Nostalgia is my cousin's favorite word. It's pretty high up on my list too, but I think 'lethologica' trumps it... Also, what kind of people have a list of their favorite words? Am I the only one?

• JustAnotherDarling

brb - currently crying because are those even words? (answer: no. they're vivid splotches of paint creating the most magnificent work of art eVER!)
    Re: thank you :) and you don't have to apologize! i'm just a tad crazy when it comes to my plants lol

• beth r.

the opening line is golden!
    re: thanks for the comment! can totally relate tho

Re: Okay I thought so. :) I gotta take care of my kids (which is anyone who's been here less time than I have and/or is younger than I am) (and especially since you're my son's buddy).

Re: You're welcome! *suppresses the urge to use 500 exclamation points* While I'm at it, I'm pretty sure you know how to do this, but lemme double-check. Has anyone told you how to republish a piece without losing your likes and comments?

Re: If you just hit continue writing, change and save the title (not the whole piece), and then click on the dashboard or your profile, it'll save the new title without unpublishing the piece.

Re: Thanks and you're welcome! Wait don't unpublish it yet!

• waxingcrescents

Incredible. Your title is amazing, first of all. It drew me right in. Afterwards, your opening two lines held my attention; whether it's from the unique personification or simply because you're a very talented writer or both, I don't know. I love how despite your internal conflict tearing at your mind as you reflect on this moment, the specific details (the cool breeze, the hot summer, the child) help you focus your thoughts. A relatable yet personal piece. I love your writing style so much! How do you do it?

• Wishing on Dandelions

RE: thank you so much for my first peer review on "A piece of an untold story"!!! I was SO happy when I got it! Also, I love your work.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Oh wow! I'm glad it could radiate the positive vibes. :) Thank you @mindfruit. <3

• RemovedUser1

Wow. I love this so much! Especially the first stanza (?), it sounds so cool how you give nostalgia personification.
    Replying: Your encouragement means so much to me. I feel like rights to political beliefs are... getting thrown under the bus. But I’m glad that there’s people like you who still believe in it! It really makes me feel so much better when I see there’s some people who agree or want to encourage me :).
    Also, CONGRATS on becoming a Community Ambassador!!! I’m so glad you got it! You deserve it! Do you already have assignments or will that come later? *confetti*

• Rohan’s Defender

AWW! This is incredible! I really love the personification, and it’s really beautiful! And thank you for the shoutout!! :) This is GORGEOUS!
    Re: Aw, thanks! I’m doing well, how about you?

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Ah, I see! It didn't hit me instantly but reading it over again and again I realised, it's such a beautiful reference! *o*

• sci-Fi

This is so good!!
    Re: Please do! It would be easier for all the new people

Woohoo YASS "a sense of urgency returned to me
    you have work to do! it screamed in my face
    but i was content to stay right there
    i felt at peace." <3

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

I absolutely love the first stanza of this piece! It is wonderful writing! Nice work!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: I totally agree that you don't have to be in a romantic relationship with someone to love them. But I was talking about being IN LOVE, you know, like LOVING THEM ROMANTICALLY (something I have no experience in) XD I, of course, love my family and friends, but I don't love them romantically, or, even if I did love one of my friends romantically, I doubt I would know...

• Bhavya's Treasure

Very relatable! Nostalgia calls me often these days. ;) It was such a pleasant, refreshing and undoubtedly a peaceful read.

'a mother desperately holding onto her child
    before she must depart for a new beginning'
    What does these lines indicate? Did you see someone while swinging or is it a metaphor for something? :)

This piece helped me to release a huge, happy, contented sigh. :)