Just_A_Memory

J.A.M.
Corinne
14
Female (she/her)
Straight
CJCLDS
Dreamer
Anxiety
Reader
Webtoon Geek ;)
Music Must-Have
#giveusbackourwords
Middle child and only girl :w:

Hello Lovelies! Thank you so much for 180+ followers! It’s makes a girls heart happy. X) I hope everyone is staying safe! New here? Go check out Dmoral's piece to get you started!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/132307/version/254176

Well, I have exciting news! Busssy.Beee and I are doing a collaboration! We're so excited to share "As Fate Would Have Us" with you, and we hope that everyone is excited too! Go check out the trailer!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/203788/version/418460

I'm slipping, into the deep end
I'm in over my head and I can't catch my breath
I'm slipping, into the deep end
I feel the current within
I can't help but give in
- Deep End By: Ruelle

Blossoms of Blood and Bile

22
Have you ever seen a floor covered in blood? At first glance, there is a simple beauty to it and how the red contrasts with the white linoleum. It doesn't immediately register that what you're looking at is actually blood. Slowly, a stiffness builds up in your body as your mind begins to realize that the beauty is actually life's essence. Then, what was a simple beauty becomes repulsion. Seeing Marcus laid out with a meter-wide red polka dot under him wasn't beautiful. It was downright hysterical. Not hysterical as in funny, hysterical as in I can't control my reaction. I didn't remember screaming, but I know that I did. Elizabeth's blue eyes were round with shock, her lips parted slightly, and chest rising and falling quickly with every panicked breath she took. The baby she holds in her shaking arms is shrieking in agony, alligator tears rolling off his chubby cheeks.

There's a man sitting opposite of our frightened selves, his fingers steepled in front of him like he rules the world. He watches us, the source of Marcus's death at his feet. He looks disturbingly flawless. Not a wine red piece of hair on his head is misplaced. The only sound is the ticking grandfather clock at the halfway point between him and us. "Well then, shall we continue?" he asks, voice soft, but attention grabbing. My eyes pull away from the broken figure of my brother, my friend, and stare blankly at the man. None of us say anything, just stare at him. Even the babe felt a shift in the air and stills. The man lazily stand, eying Marcus with disdain. "Where is she?" he questions, padding closer, stopping when the tip of his boot brushes against the blossom of blood. "Where is she?" he asks again, even quieter than before. The rumble of the unsaid threat is like a cold slap of water to the face. It wakes me up. I straighten, my fingers clenching into small fists at my sides. 

"You don't know," I say quietly, a burning behind my eyes. It is a terribly amazing sensation. One that I have felt too much of recently. 

"I don't listen to mumbling, Darling. Speak up. Ta ta." 

I hiss, stepping closer to Elizabeth, my small frame so dainty, and so utterly breakable. "You don't know!" I want to laugh in sheer disbelief, my brain isn't functioning how it should. Oh, the sadness of a loss that is so unnecessary. A giggle escapes me, my hands flying to my hot face. "You really don't know?" I ask, the reality of the situation hitting me like a punch to the gut. "You did all this," I use my arm to point at Marcus's body, and the innocent spatters of red staining the white floor, and the pastel walls, "for absolutely nothing."

"I obviously didn't, littlest," the man says matter-of-factly, clicking his heels together. "Now, where?"

"She," I say, using the same tone as he; calm, fluid. I laugh, the joyous sound so extremely hollow to my own ears. More, and more, and more of it bubbles mercilessly out of my chapped lips. "She is gone, Chap. She is long gone, and she is in a place you can never get to her."

"I," he shouts, stepping into the blood, and across Marcus, onto our side of the room. Too close, my mind screams. Too. Close. My breath becomes short, like there's not enough air for the four of us. I squeeze into Elizabeth, shoving her and the babe away from the man. "I, can find her. I will find her," he spits, pressing closer to me, his breath mingling with mine. Oh, I hate how it's so sweet. Smells like honey, and wine. I spit right onto his face, but he doesn't flinch away. Instead he laughs, wiping away the spit from his cheek. "Oh, littlest. You've always been a fiery one. I need a place, Darling. I need a place."

"Oh," I say quietly, looking at him through my lashes. "You cannot find her here, or there, or anywhere on this Earth, Chap." He bares his teeth in a snarl, but I press a frail finger against his dirty lips. "You see, your lover. Well, she's dead."
Word Count: 711

Accidentally deleted the one I had up originally when I went to re-post it. This why you read before you do, peeps xD. Hope you'll are having a fantastic day, or night. Good luck, stay safe, and until next. time <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: I totally agree! It would be so hard not to have one, because the world would just be exactly how it is (if that makes sense). And nothing more. Thanks so much!

• musicmaker

This is Really good! I'm super big on description so it totally fits what I like! The unanswered question as to who "she" is until the end is great!

Also, book suggestion: Ella Enchanted

• maryse

This is fantastic! The suspense is unreal... if only I could italicise comments!! ;) Seriously though, very interesting.

• Currently Unavailable

Next part!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Oh my your profile pic... XD

• Currently Unavailable

Did you get my review on this?

• Rachaelgrace

What an amazing intro at the beginning! Great writing!!
    Re:thank you!!!

I will be sure to review this wonderful piece!

• Mpm#1

Re: No not really. Maybe I missed something happening in there in my overall nervousness. All I can describe it as is a presence or a shadow. Part of me wonders if something happened there that was so horrible that a piece of the event is somehow still there. I mentioned it to my parents and both said that as far as they knew it was a normal house, but they were always creeped out there too.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thanks!! Awesome!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Thanks a lot for the beautiful adjectives! That's very kind of you. <3
    I'm sorry the review got so late. I'm halfway through it and will send it today hopefully. Though I don't have many suggestions since this piece is so good! :D

• Currently Unavailable

Just submitted a review! <3

• BizzleWrites

I read this when I was supposed to be about to do something else, but it's extremely captivating and I actually finished the whole thing (I usually don't finish reading things on WtW) and it's really good. I will probably write a review tomorrow, as it's late here.

• JustAnotherDarling

Just finally got the chance to submit a review - hopefully that gets to you soon :D

• queenie

Just reviewed this a few hours ago. You should be seeing it in a few days. ;)

• JustAnotherDarling

Oh, this is grotesque (I don't handle blood well, to be honest) but so very moving, too. I am definitely going to sit down soon and write up a review for ya :) I love how you characterized the color red as Marcus (that since Marcus is dead, the red symbolizes him) (or maybe I've misunderstood this?).
    Re: thank you! I'm honestly so flattered <3 And I like the idea that you almost sang along - I enjoy mumbling it to myself too!

• Emi (Revival Year #NEWYEAR)

Wow, this is amazing! You really pull out so much emotion with this. Is there a companion piece or anything; I want to hear more of the story!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: I'm not very good at short forms. XD
    Thanks for confirming it though. :)
    Have a good day!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Thank you for the suggestion JAM! I have changed the title now so it's less likely to get caught. XD
    I'll be sure to review this. It might take a while though. :)
    What's 'fyi'? For your information?

• Cici'sTimes

There was just a type of elegance in this that is just phenomenal!

• madeline3.14159

Umm... That title is phenomenal. Like I simply cannot.
    Re: I knowwww. Ender's game is soo good. I wasn't really expecting to like it cause it's for my English class, but then I was like... heyyyyy. This is good. XD

beautiful!!! and the title is so perfect *chefs kiss* I love this piece!! <3

This is so good! I love the way you framed the sentences, it just made the story sound even better!