Eblinn

Belgium

currently
16

i'd like to say nothing defines me, but look! at! this! i'm a writer.

hi hi hi you guys! how is everyone doing in this beginning autumn?

puddles of mud on the daughter of a thunderstorm

9
rain bruises your summer afternoon sips of breathing on your own.
mud is smeared on your jeans once bought on your lonesome.
"i was going to set a reminder. see? my phone just died."
the duos of mothers and daughters laugh in your face as you stand in line.

discussing rice cooking methods combusts in a high voltage of bottled up bothers,
face all sweaty, poured over with pure drops of running to places you've never been and
hiding in spots you've always had when the thunder rumbled loose.

it wasn't just the numbing echoes of rain all day that made them curl up in blankets and die.

detergent floods your mind and brushes against your cheek in your humid little heaven;
if you stare long enough, the washing machine absorbs the ghosts in your eyes along with the mud on your pants.
the puddles of mud on your cobalt blue memory of soft hands that never enclosed yours.
there are puddles of mud effervescing on the daughter she never saw.

all the tears in your sad, sad world stream into your backyard and transform the earth into pools of brown.
the brown of your mother's eyes, the brown of your fifth bar of comfort chocolate, the brown of the trunks in the forest where you hollowed out your soul at night when no one could hear you shift to another dimension.

the gras fades away as the universe pulls it in;
there is no gravity when laying in the rain;
there is no disappointment in the voice that once created your own when clouds descend their kingdoms;
there are no bowls of rice boiling over in the petrichor of the beginning autumn;
there are no mothers forgetting their daughters in puddles of mud.

ohh this is incredible! i'm going to have to bookmark this, might be one of my favorite poems of yours, the sensory details are just astounding!

• doodleninja

I need someone to read this with soft rainfall playing in the background XD gorgeous piece here!

^^^ wow that is amazing!

• mindfruit

Re: Oh, hehe, I'll explain the names in my message board. So all four of them all the last names of my favorite authors: Brandon Sanderson, Rick Riordan (you guessed it), Lisa McMann, and Shannon Messenger. I totally recommend reading the Percy Jackson series - it's a pretty easy but funny read. Thank you for your kind words too!
    Btw, your poetry is so amazing! It's mysterious and melancholy, and I like it that way :)

This is gorgeous <3 wow. I love the imagery and the way you connect all of the colors. This is amazing!!!