Karma's_Coming

AJR
Bored Washingtonian who thinks 60 degrees is hot
An INTP-A / INTP-T apparently??
Weeeeeeeebb
My response to how was your day will always be
"Meh"
I'm a meh person, what can i say
she / they
Boy did writing that scare me

“It’s hard to be different...And perhaps the best answer is not to tolerate differences, not even to accept them. But to celebrate them. Maybe then those who are different would feel more loved, and less, well, tolerated.”

I’m almost certain that The Office theme song is on constant replay in my mind. It’s either that or the Wii song.

Pan. Not a frying pan though. Unless...

I could tell you that I didn’t listen to the DEH soundtrack again, but that would be a lie.

Pfp is Tomoko Kuroke

Don’t Burn Your Fingers When You Try To Right Your Wrongs | Footnotes

8

and the saints that seem the most stable / are still afraid of death / while the sinners get pumped / with falsehoods and claims / and usher him in their ‘humble abodes’ / and there’s a chaos there / that no one acknowledges / for fear of upsetting their former distances / all are worried / that their words will tip the scale / and alter the delicately balanced peace we had on display / but trophies break and words don’t mean much / when the media covers feelings with articles / and intentions with actions /

and so the saints and sinners reach / with pale fingertips drenched in lies / into the tub they keep filling / they refuse to switch the flow o f f / and can no longer touch the scalding spout / that continues to pour sludge from its gaping mouth / feeding it to children / influencers / adults / and elderly / and we are all left to wonder / what difference it makes / in the time of desperation / we have all been witnessing /

and we are left to wonder / why our opinions are such fragile things / like tissue paper that has rotted away in the forefront of our darkened minds / collectively scrambling to put out what has been burning for years / or - if to continue the previous metaphor - to fruitlessly wipe the floor / with sopping towels / finally recognizing that / perhaps / the best thing to do would have been to turn off the water / while it was still manageable / 

and we are left to wonder / what led us so / far astray /
So there’s this local magazine for teen writers that I’ve never had the confidence to request to be published in, and I’d like to do that this year and the deadline is October 23rd. *deep breath* SO! Uhm, I would really appreciate feedback on this piece. Or any piece of mine that you might like. There isn’t actually any restrictions for their submissions, so I’m pretty stoked about that. ALSO, it’s pretty cool cause anyone from around the world can enter. It’s called Write253 and I think it’s interesting enough. So what I’m saying is, you should join as well. Cause pancakes knows that everyone on this sight is talented enough to get published. Sorry for the rant, and think about entering! Have a lovely night, and don’t forget to shut and lock your window (that sounds vaguely threatening. I swear I’m not trying to break into your home). Also here’s another sight in which you can check out other ways to get published. It seems reliable enough *laughs nervously*

• Wisp

If you haven't already been published for this one, I would highly recommend it for your library's page. Because this---is beauty at its finest. The idea of sinners and saints being bunched together is just beautiful and you illustrated it so beautifully.

• beth r.

re: zoe n did!

• beth r.

so... zoom could work, but isn't it against the guidlines to post that link?
    like im all for it, but i want to be a law abiding potato he he

Ooh I like this a lot! “ and so the saints and sinners reach / with pale fingertips drenched in lies / into the tub they keep filling ” :o

• AmethystsAlias

Also, The Office and DEH are the bomb! Don't spoil anything lol, I'm only on season 5!

• AmethystsAlias

Re: She's so happy that you like it! She says that she enjoyed using their pre-dating dynamic in the story, and if you'd like to read more (as stated at the beginning of the piece), the story will be continued on Wattpad!

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: well thank you very much! I did the same:)

• (sk)eyesofocher

OMG you are sooooo talented and should be published in like every magazine you request for. And I agree, everyone on this site is so talented <3