(sk)eyesofocher

smashing the social standards one high kick at a time
gold glitter eyeliner & doc Martens & beaches & space

~oh babe, you should see me in a crown~

IM SORT OF BACK

The Youtube Diaries of Two Boys Without Wings

7
Writing Prompt orientated 

A young, fifteen-year old boy adjusts a camera. He is surrounded by plants, in a light, airy room. Sitting down on the floor, he sighs. 
​Another boy, this one shirtless, walks past the camera. He is wearing dark navy jeans, but his short hair was the same hue. He has a tattoo on his left shoulder of a raven, also in blue. 
The first boy ruffles his brown, loosely cut hair.
"Hi. Um, my name is Connor. I guess that's obvious."
He smacks his forehead. 
"Let's be blunt. I see wings. You know, the big, feathery things that supposedly they give Harpies in old, morbid fairy tales." 
A voice floats in from off the camera. "They get the picture, Connor. Move on." 
"God, Jason, let me tell the story. I'm the one with the extraterrestrial vision." 
"Then get it over with. it's my story, after all."
Connor clears his throat. "Now that we've got that over, you know my secret. I've never told anyone, but Jason convinced me that I needed to go public. So I made a YouTube vlog. And I guess that I'll be posting these stories on here every week." 
He looked over at the kitchen. He started to whisper. "It is technically his story. But I found him. So I have the right to be telling this story. 
"I've been able to see wings since I was about eight. It was random, but with my eight-year old imagination, I adjusted. It was actually easy. Now, I spectate everyone, keeping tabs on all the wings I see. I'm an artist. I draw things. Some people might say I'm good at it. I draw every single pair of wings I've seen. I've seen millions of wings--children with the lightest, purest wings. Adults with blue, mockingjay bird wings, strong and outstretched. I've seen people with dragon wings. I've seen people with the most beautiful wings"
"Rude." Jason sat down next to him, his shiny hair reflecting the light. 
"but refuse to outstretch them, and they keep them folded in on their shoulders. Then I met this guy." 
​Jason waved, then looked off camera and grabbed something which he threw into his mouth. 
 "Everyone always thought that he was odd, but no one every really knew. I'm the only one who saw it. 
"See, Jason has no wings."

Something really random I decided to write and title it the same thing as my older sister did when she wrote something when she was my age. (It was a love story. this isn't. She had just read Twilight, give her a break.) I think I'll continue this, but not quite sure. Let me know what you think! On a lighter note, guess who got her math grades waaaaaaaaaay up? 
Peace out, 
~Lin

Re: Thank you! ^u^

oh wow i love this idea! i would totally want to hear more if you make it a series. and congrats on those upped grades! <3<3<3

• beth r.

re: thanks! omigod the weasley thing im cackling and my family is like what even XD

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Replying: Thanks for the comment! And lol, not Mrs. Hawthorne yet, but fingers crossed! XD

• beth r.

re: aw thank you so much for the kind comments! congrats on ur 80th piece ;)

Re: thank you so much for the kind comment!! <3 it really made my day. Your support means a lot to me! I hope youre having a great day <3 :)

• ~madeline~

RE: That is nice. And Elvish is a language just as much as Latin is. I bet more people speak elvish now adays than speak latin. I'm currently homeschooled too, but was in public school for the last two years and since I'm planning on going back next year I have to do courses that my high school offers which kinda sucks. But that means I have a lot more time for WtW! :)

• ~madeline~

Re: Gosh, you're making me feel bad about myself XD. And imo elvish does count. I really wish my school let us start learning languages before high school, but it's stupid and doesn't. Like it's so much easier to learn a language when you are younger.

• ~madeline~

Re: waitt... How many languages do you speak? XD. I barely can use English correctly and learning Spanish has kinda been a wreck. Yay for making money!! I work in the mornings before I do my online school... I'm pretty good! Having a great time procrastinating XD

• ~madeline~

Re: dr seuss is literally the best. And yes all are future must haves in a future home. How are you doing? Did you know I'm a ravenclaw also?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thanks Lindy! Zion says, “Thank you so much for your comment! I’m excited to be on the site too, and get to talk to all of you myself. By the way, I love your username!”

Re: IKR?!? It's sooo good you should listen to it!!

• beth r.

oooh this is cool! i adore jason already!
    re: aw lindy! thanks for everything!

re: thank you for the kind words!! Does anybody have a map is one of my favorite DEH songs!!!! It's so good. I love that show so much!!

• Huba Huba

Re: Thanks for sending love, I wrote it in the middle of something that made me very upset!
    Also, this piece is really creative and interesting! Twilight was pretty good in my opinion, and I'm saying this in despite of the Twilight haters!

• ~madeline~

Re: Yesss You should!!! If you prefer younger level books more than Adult books he has some hilarious books (Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians is absolutely hilarious but more elementary, and The Rithmatist is amazing and also more Middle Grade but sadly a standalone). Idk. I didn't put those on their cause I haven't read them in the past couple of months.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: wow! You know a lot!! Haha, I bet that was an odd question! So, I mentioned to Beth r. about her maybe doing a piece about Peeta, Peter, and Cedric after our lovely agreement the other day (I’m still dying; it was so funny!!) And she said she would try to come up with one. I said I’d do one myself if I knew about Peter. I was wondering if Beth doesn’t want to do it if you would be interested?

• ~madeline~

Re: The Book Thief is sooooo good!!!!! I think I started Fault in Our Stars once, but it got returned to the library when I was halfway through and I forgot about it. But thanks for reminding me, that is now going on my list. And yes KoTLC is really good, and I'm waiting for the last book to come out. X(

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Nice one! So creative! Will you let me know if you continue it? And also, Congrats on the gradeeeeesssss! And random question; how much do you know about Peter Parker?

I really like where this is going!!! Great idea!!! And also nice job on the math grade, that calls for some celebration chocolate (unless you don't like chocolate in which case I will eat it for you) XD

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Replying: Thank you for that sweet comment! Sam is like the BEST character in Middle Earth! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thank you, Lindy! :) You are too!