Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Band nerd + Drum Major
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

perhaps this is a myth, perhaps it is true, or perhaps it is somewhere in between

gardens

8
the is a forest, deep and dark, twisted and tangled that forces its spindly branches upwards into the clouds, a million stories high and climbing. the sun probes the canopy for a gap but finds none; the ground is heavily clad with ferns and young oaks. it is thick with shadows and lonely confusion. many lose themselves among the trees, where the wolves lurk in the night.

within the forest is a clearing where a garden grows sweet and lush. the flowers bloom with the scent of honeysuckle, serenaded by the wingbeats of bumble-bees and whispers on the wind. it is said there is one path within the woods that leads here, to the only safe place in the world; the wolves prowl on its outskirts, baring flashing fangs but never crossing its borders. they are forbidden from entry.

the path is narrow, though, and no one can stay on it for long before losing it in the dark. a million wander between the oaks now, lost and alone, shivering while the wolves wait for them to die.

but the garden’s keeper left the garden for the woods, searching for every lost soul that lives there. he knows the path, and, for all who will follow, he leads them down the narrow road and into the garden. not one of his charges is lost before they reach the garden. and there, beneath his watch, they dance forevermore.

• September 27, 2020 - 11:40am (Now Viewing)

Re: Welcome to my subconscious lol

• Rohan’s Defender

This is so GORGEOUS! Wow! I absolutely loved it! (Is it religious? That’s what I kind of assumed! It’s lovely!) :)