Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Bidwell Academy - a dream I had last night

18

I'm at school. I think it's a Write the World school, or at least it's run by the same admins. It's a boarding school at the Bidwell Mansion.
    Alya and Miles from the show Backstage are there, and so is Dmoral. Dmoral and I are both freshmen for some reason.
    It's time for each grade to pick a class president. Dmoral is the only one running for 9th grade.
    Suddenly, she gets extremely sick. The admins tell me that I must run in her place. They don't care how sick she is. I refuse to run for president while Dmoral's horrible illness is being swept under the rug.
    She is lying on her back on a bed, with her legs hanging of the edge and get feet on the ground. She has become quite pale and is almost completely still.
    I run into the other room and tell my schoolmates that I refuse to run for president because of Dmoral's condition, and everyone joins my stance in solidarity for her.
    Back in the room where Dmoral is, I sit next to her on the bed and hold her hand while B,* who is her close friend, sits facing her on the bed next to hers. She appears to be dying.
    Finally, she opens her eyes and sits up. B cups her face with his hand, emotional over her recovery. The last thing I remember before waking up is hugging her and telling her what happened, and I think I was crying.
*Irl he's a person from my old school

Some other things happened at the school before any of this occurred (which at that time was not the mansion), but I don't remember them well enough to describe them, and they don't particularly affect the rest of the dream.

This is kind of funny yet also seems very real. What's humorous is that the admins were the villains; it's cool that Dmoral featured too.

• Samina

I am sorry for the late reply lol!
    I had commented about one dream I saw. It was a wtw school again. I remember you were a classmate. Then your nickname was blueberry cotton candy. It had tushar, V rose and many others as classmates. Now recalling it, it's weird and hilarious.
    Also your piece is wonderful! I started to picture Dmoral.

re: ahh i'm so incredibly flattered by your comments, and yes totally that's fine! can't wait to read it!

• jun lei

replying: no, it's actually recycled from an old piece you might have read, "lady of sorrows," rewritten to match the theme of "color" for a lit mag. i wanted to capture the ache of meeting someone you will never truly know.

• beth r.

re: so it's you can go to the school's one, or do it at home. lol no problem!

• beth r.

re: well i'm actually jewish, so ya it's like church i guess
    also do u want me to delete all these comments lol XD

• beth r.

re: sooooo a little background. prayer is either before or after the state test prep, you can choose when you want to go. i didn't tell alex yet... XD. also, the school is pretty big, which is weird bc there is only like fifty girls. also, yes. Tom Holland.

dreams are weird, dude!!! i love this, though. it would be awesome if there was a wtw school--we would all have a great time!! love this <3
    happy writing! hope your day is going well!

• Ibex

well that was nothing short of epic.

• lochnessie

re: (thinks about what to reply)
    WORDS HAHA JAM HELP TOAST

• (sk)eyesofocher

well then, that was eventful haha. I once had a dream that a bunch of my friends blew up in an explosion and I woke up shaking and asked my mom if they were ok haha (they were fine)

• lochnessie

re: ...
    (ness struggles to form a coherent word, let alone a sentence)
    anne: PARANOIA INDUCING

• lochnessie

and also NO this is equal parts ridiculous and slightly paranoid-making and i can't decide if i love it or if it scares me

(paranoid-making??? i'm sorry)

• lochnessie

re: ahhh im sorry XD

• Dmoral

okay, what to address first xD

1. the fact you dreamt of me has me shook lol---what did you picture me to look like (if you don't mind me asking)?
    2. WHY AM I DYING FROM SICKNESS omg, i'm not a hypochondriac but this piece has me paranoid now :? yikes, ik ik i ended up fine at the end but still *deeeeeeeeeeep inhale*
    3. also, B* sounds sweet, if i could meet'em, i definitely would.
    4. uhm, so it seems i can start an uprising without even trying, uh? perhaps i should get that check out lol
    5. all in all, i'm flattered (?) to be in your dreams and it's super sweet of you to share this. definitely not what i expected when i saw your comment, but well, i wouldn't say i'm disappointed.

wishing u the best BW ~

haha this is so weird but made me laugh. I can never remember my dreams in the morning. and oh my word--reading comments--a convention would be so much fun!! like one big world writing conference haha

• rainydayz

re: sorry i worded that weird every season is on tubi. you should look into it they have some good shows on there.

• rainydayz

re: literally that was the foundation of one of my lifelong friendships with my friend from a neighboring state (we played soccer together) if you want a similar show dance academy (it is an Australian show) is so good! you can watch the first season on netflix but the rest are on this app call tubi and it’s free streaming with ads ( i don’t know if you can tell but dance school tv shows are my guilt pleasure lol i wish i were a dancer but i’m not graceful)

• rainydayz

omg i used to watch backstage but i literally don’t remember anything from that show at all lol it’s like a fever dream.
    re: thank you for the kind comment on my post

• ~Zoe N~

Yes!! Wait, what if we all did like a video call and like met each other???? Like whoever wants to join

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yesssssss!!!!!! WTW CONVENTION 2021!!!!!!!!! (If we can wait that longggggg!)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! This is crazy! I’m glad it ended well, tho! And CAN WE FIGURE OUT SOME KIND OF CONVENTION TO SEE EACH OTHER?!????!!! I’m dying here!

• queenie

Re: It really wasn't. Pretty sure I had a panic attack in that dream, not sure though.

• ByFarStories

Re (Anne Blackwood): You as well!

• ByFarStories

Re (Anne Blackwood): Oh XD. I am such a mindless brute. I had completely forgotten that I had said that on one of your pieces, I'm sorry! I should probably think before I write things, and mentally keep track of who I support! Also, thank you for the clarification of the use of Re, I'll probably use that now whenever a conversation like this occurs again. I wish you good luck in your writing!

• queenie

Reply: Nah, man, you're cool, I get it. One time I had a dream that I was cast in "Hamilton"--as myself. It was so weird. Well, at least I was onstage with the OBC.

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Oh wow. I have these kinds of dreams all the time.. That's rough..

• ByFarStories

Anne Blackwood - The comment was "Oh I will! :) Don't worry, my descriptive language isn't usually as bad as it is in the piece lol,"

I did write a warning on the side, warning about the SINGLE swear in the story, making the comparison of the military swearing more than a skilled stone skipper can toss a stone across a lake.

I wasn't sure what this meant, stating that the single swear is nothing, or that my descriptions were bad. I was very conflicted on whether or not it was destructive or constructive criticism, or just a comment. Thank you!

• queenie

..I'm really confused and intrigued by this??

• books4life

(to the admins that is)

• books4life

The admins are the villains lol--no offense tho!

• ByFarStories

I would like to apologize for my rash and utter disrespectful comments of "Learn to capitalize." That was immature of me to say so, instead of providing constructive criticism. I was a bit frustrated by one your comments on one of my pieces (I no longer have it uploaded because I made the choice of feeling it isn't ready yet, but it was called Rim of the Galaxy: Alarn (Chapter Two: Rose Gifts), because I didn't understand what you were criticizing. If you don't accept my apology, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day/night.

Um. Admins? Sorry that my subconscious kinda villified you hehe.