SunV

Felicity (#words)

11/10/2019.

"Don’t wonder why people go crazy, wonder why they don’t. In the base of all we can lose in a day, in an instant, wonder what it is that makes us hold it together"
-Meredith Grey

I'm going to try to update my bio every day with a different word.....

Thank you so much for 300+!!

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now." -Joan Baez

Library buddies with Sci-Fi, LindyTheRavenclaw, Rwong, Rohan's Defender, and Paisley Blue!

"For in our great sorrow, we learn what joy means." -Sorrow

Talk to me about Jily, Hinny, Remadora, Merder, and anything about Harry Potter and Grey's Anatomy. And Hamilton. We love Hamilton.

"The human life is made up of choices. Live or die. That's the important one, and it's not always in our hands." -Derek Shepherd

Yours faithfully, A young teenager

Dear Ruth,

Thank you. Thank you for everything.

We didn't know eachother. You were a role model for girls of all ages around the world, me included. But I didn't know you, nor did you know me. And that's okay.

Your legacy will forever live on. You will forever be remembered as the one who taught us to fight for the things that we care about... in a way that will lead others to join us. You will be remembered as a role model; an activist; you will be remembered as that and so, so much more.

But, even more than that, you will be remembered as a human. A human who made a change in the society, change that so many others want to bring, but not everyone brings. You will be remembered as a human who put in her all to make a difference in everybody's life. 

At the top of the list, you will not just be remembered as all that. You will also be remembered as a daughter, a sister, a wife and a mother. You will be remembered not just as a role model, but a person. Because, as much as we remember you as someone famous, you are one of us.

And we all strive to be like you.

I strive to be like you.

One day, I hope to be like you.

One day, I will be like you.

Yours faithfully,
A young teenager

1

• thea_ivy

very beautiful tribute to an amazing women.

• ~wildflower~

I love this, and the ending is beautiful!!! Congratulation on being featured!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This was awesome! I like how open this was. Great message. Congrats!

• Elizabeth Lewis

Good job! This is awesome and so much fun to read!!!!! Congrats!
    "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

• Chloe :) <3

Congrats! you definitely deserved the win! This piece is amazing <3

• Tula.S

This is so powerful and encouraging! Congratulations, you definitely deserved the Wednesday Words! I love how you sign it as "a young teenager" and how you end on such a positive note. Amazing piece!

Congrats! Oh my gosh that's so weird, you said 'dear Ruth', and I was so confused since my name is Ruth :')

• lochnessie

congrats, congrats (happy dance)

• madeline3.14159

Congrats on Wednesday Words!!!!

• rise

congrats on Wednesday pick! And Yes, RBG is will always be at our hearts!

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

also I love sleeping at last!

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

congrats! This is so well written

• mindfruit

Congrats on Wednesday Words!

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONGRATS MELLON!

• beth r.

congrats!!

CONGRATS ON WEDNESDAY WORDS!!

• sci-Fi

Congrats on Wednesday Words!

WOW I'm so glad this got featured on Wednesday's words this piece is so impactful

• Bhavya's Treasure

Even I didn't know her, but your words told me what a powerful personality she must have been!
    Many congratulations for getting featured SunV. You read the piece very well. :))

'you are one of us.' This is still resonating in my ears...

• varsh.da.potato

This....made me tear up, honestly. You should feel proud of yourself for coming forward to write a message to Ruth B. Ginsburg, a legend.
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

• beth r.

Wow. I'm at a loss for words right now... Justice Ginsburg was just so... I just... okay stop making me cry dAnG iT

• Wisp

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was by far a role model to be remembered. She was so fierce and unrelenting and kind and oh I'm getting emotional now. You really captured the emotion in the piece, and I love the way you describe her as her work, as a rolemodel, as a family member, and above all as a human. It really adds a different touch to who she is.
    Replying: Thanks so much for the warm wishes and your encouraging words! It really made my day :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

I didn't know of her until now, but just reading these pieces and reading how you cried made me want to cry...