Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

15 | she/her | Christian
Hey, everyone. life is life and I'm still Coolgirl. Promise. But changes have happened, so now, I'm going to treat this as my platform to change the world. Anything and everything that needs spoken about, I'll try to.

Dedicated to V-Rose for her amazing prompt!

The Life of a Fifteen-year-old Superhero Part 1

20
    "You!" I shout. "Drop the gun!"
    I'm in a small house on the outskirts of the city. A woman and her three children are cowering against the wall while her deranged husband aims a gun at her. He whips around and points the gun at me. "Stay out of th-" He stops. "What in the-what are you?"
    I have to admit that the outfit I'm wearing is rather strange. It's a black jumpsuit that is decorated with random flairs of color (green, blue, gold, etc.). My black hair is tied back into a ponytail. I have a mask that covers the upper part of my face but lets me see at the same time. 
    "What am I?" I smirk. "I'm a superhero."
    Before the man can move an inch, I'm rushing at him and I knock the gun out of his hands. I quickly knock him out with a short chop to his windpipe and he falls to the floor, unconscious.
    I turn to the wife and children. They are staring at me, their eyes wide with fear. The woman seems to be muttering something under her breath; it sounds like a prayer.
    I sigh and hold out my hands toward them. "Don't worry. This will all be over soon."
    The four of them collapse to the ground as I take their memory of this incident. I manufacture a replacement: the husband explains that he is leaving, tells them not to come looking for him, kisses and hugs them good-bye, and walks out the door. When I open my eyes again, the children are curled up against their mother, who is looking peaceful despite all that she has suffered.
    The bruises on her arms make me sigh and I quickly heal both her and the children. I'm feeling rather light-headed, as tends to happen when I use too much of my powers. I somehow find the strength to carry the woman and her children one at a time to their beds.
    Then, it's time to deal with the man.
    I survey him carefully. He's obviously a danger to his family, but is there any hope for him? Could he possibly turn over a new leaf?
    I'm too tired to think about it now, so I use my very last vestige of power to teleport the man to one of my safehouses. I make him swallow a sleeping pill that will ensure that he won't wake up before I'm ready to deal with him.
    All my reserves have been exhausted, so I leave the safehouse on foot, taking care that nobody sees me. I skulk through dark alleys until I reach my apartment. My neighbors and landlady are used to seeing me come back to my apartment wearing strange costumes; they think I'm a street performer.
    Once I'm inside, I change into a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I brush my black hair out, take out my contact lenses and put on my glasses, and settle down in my comfy armchair to read a book.
    Just then, my phone rings, and I pick it up.
    "Kiara, honestly, I've called you at least ten times! Just because your father and I agreed to let you do superhero things on your own at fifteen does not mean you ignore our calls and don't come home when we tell you to! Are you asking to be grounded? 'Cause I'd be more than happy to supply that!"
    "No, Mom, I'm sorry. It's jus-this new outfit that Allina designed for me doesn't have any pockets, so-"
    "Don't blame your sister for your oversights! You should have brought a purse with you and put it in your purse."
    I roll my eyes. "Mom, I'm not gonna take a purse with me to go crime-fighting!"
    "Well, you should. Anyway, I didn't call you to lecture you, I just wanted to remind you to come home early. Don't you remember? Your older brother is coming home to visit?"
    My jaw drops. "What? Mom, I don't remember you telling me th-"
    "Be home soon, darling! Bye!"
    I am floored. I don't remember anything about my brother coming back from college to visit us!
    You might think I'd be happy about this. Well, usually, I would be. But I just recently found out something that has completely ruined my perception of my brother.
    He's a supervillain.

• books4life

chapter 4 of zeus' eagle is out!! :) have a fabulous day! (hope you aren't too bothered by all this notifications!)

Chapter 16 of Traitors and Rebels is out!! So excited for you to read this one ;)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: great thanks! If you still want to do one from her, you can! We can have one now and one later. But thanks again and I’ll try to do that ASAP!

• pluto-

This is so cool! Loved it!

• books4life

re: awww thank you!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thank you! And yours will ABSOLUTELY be up to par! Yours will be GREAT! And that sounds good about notifying!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Also, Madeline3.14159 wants to be notified when the newest ones come out! Do you want to notify her or want me to? I’m so happy we get to do this!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi!!! I just published the first letter!!! I am so sorry, I’m still trying to figure out how to do a link...

• books4life

hello wonderful person! chapter 3 is out for zeus' eagle!

• midnight.summerrose

Re: You're welcome, you deserve them!!! :)
    If you have time I'd love a review on my 20 followers post: I try to be enough/?20 followers post!!

• ~madeline~

Re: awe thanks so much!!

• midnight.summerrose

This is amazing!!! :)
    (btw I can't believe I've only just found your account!) You're so talented!! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ok! I guess since they’re letters we could just do part 1, part 2, or letter 1, letter 2. Instead of actual titles for each one.

• Just_A_Memory

re: Thank you so much!! Is there anything you'd like me to review specifically, or should I just go through your feed and choose one? <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: sounds great! You know, it would be kind of cool to occasionally do other characters too, but focus on Peeta and Gale. I think if we each focus one one main one, that might be easiest for us. What do you think? Maybe we can each try to publish one every week or so? Also, what should we call the collab? And we can add links in the message to the others’ newest piece maybe?

• (sk)eyesofocher

so I just saw your message box and good golly gee, calm down, Mrs. Hawthorne, I think we get the message! I don't think anyone has the guts to fight you over him XD
    (and amazing piece cleverly titled!)

• Huba Huba

This is interesting! I got scared when I read the first sentence, I thought it was going to be a calm, "Dinner at Mom's"

ooh I love this!! The ending makes me want to read more! If you ever continue plz let me know! Also..I've been working on a story and thought maybe you could let me know what you think? You don't have to read it if you don't have time. I'll link chapter 1:
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/171861/version/386401I

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: okay! So I like the letter idea too! What about some kind of almost diary-type entries? We can pock important days in the story like the day of the reaping and do a letter:entry from each of them? I’m open to your suggestions! But if we did it to correlate, that will be best to have it be a collab.

• Busssy.Beee

Wait, does the mother know that he's a supervillain? So many questions are in my head right now. But, great piece author! I love and hate cliffhangers, but if you ever decide to continue, I'll be up to read it. ;)

I totally love this! "No, Mom, I'm sorry. It's jus-this new outfit that Allina designed for me doesn't have any pockets, so-" The fact that girls' clothes not having pockets is a superhero problem too is beautiful.

• RemovedUser1

Haha! This is amazing! I love it! Will you continue it? I’d love to read more!
    Replying: Ok, I was so worried you were going to rage on me about Draco, XD. Everyone needs forgiveness, but I’m rereading the series and I’m at the Order of the Phoenix and he’s... well, he’s a jerk, XD. And yesssss! I don’t think I’ve ever met another Ravenpuff. My sister is Ravenclaw (she’s 8 and I think that’s so cool) and my BFF is Hufflepuff (and Slytherin. She took a test and she was similar to Draco AND apparently Voldemort is into her, XD. But she doesn’t like to talk about that, XD.) I think Ravenpuffs are like, the best of both worlds! Super smart AND compassionate! Yay!

• V-Rose

I love this! OH! It's awesome! Are you going to continue with it at some point because I would seriously like to know more!

• Halopoet

Re: thanks for the comment! Also chapter six is finally out.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Aw, I’m so sorry you’re having a bad day, but I’m glad I can help a bit!! I’m always here if you need anything! ( and if you do any more of this story, could you please notify me?) I hope your day gets better, and always remember you are SPECIAL!!

• books4life

ooo!! AMAZING!!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

WOW! This is good!! Also, your picture is PRECIOUS!!

Wow this is good :o and your new pfp is again, adorable XD

• Just_A_Memory

P.S. If you continue this, I want notifications xD

• Just_A_Memory

This is brilliant! It's so fun and creative xD

Re: Ooo! Webtoons! Hm... I mostly read the slice of life, drama, heart-warming, or romance webtoons. Bleak Midwinter is good! Purple Hyacinth is too. Those are the ones I adore, but I'm subbed to so many xD KILLMAX is one I recently started. Any you'd suggest? <3

• Halopoet

Coooool!!

Haha oh my goodness this is amazing! Such a unique power. If you decide to continue this, I can't wait to read more!!!