alwayswriting

Germany

~16~
volleyball
writer
reader
piano
traveling the world

writing poems and short stories! (sci-fi and (historical) fiction)
appreciate you reading my work and giving feedback:)
I give reviews if you want to

Lucy's work

2
It was a dark night. The moon was covered by clouds, and the stars were nowhere to be seen. The cold wind swept through the streets of the town, while a shadow sneaked through the dark alleys. The figure passed a street light and her face was seen. It belonged to a tall woman, probably in her twenties, in a long trench coat with high heals and long hair. As if being chased, she looked behind her back, nervously. She knew if someone found out about this, she would get in trouble – real trouble. But that’s what she signed up for.
Finally the woman turned into a dark alley, maybe the darkest of all. Another tall figure leaned against the wall, waiting anticipatedly. When he saw the woman, he rose and his face could be seen. He was in his thirties, had blue eyes and a crocked nose.
“Mr. Laurence. I thought it would be Henry who would deliver it this time,” she said with a blank expression.
“Miss Delwera. Harry couldn’t make it. He got hung up… Anything new?” he informed.
“Yes, sir,” she replied. “I have notes on the next attack right here, hidden in this ring. It shows when they will be loading the bom-“
“Shhhhh, that’s enough!” the mysterious man interrupted. “You know this isn’t safe. Someone could hear us. Now just give me the ring and hurry along.”
“I’m sorry, sir. But you should know what this ring contains is very powerful information. You should not toss this aside like the last time. Make sure it get’s delivered, or this war will never end,” she threatened.
Mr. Laurence was startled, but caught himself quickly. “May I remind you that your information in the past hasn’t always been exact or even remotely true?”
“I know,” she cursed, “but trust me on this one. This one is the greatest yet. Captain Camden must know about it.” Her tone got a little softer. “Did Captain Camden say anything about my mission or anything I could do different?” she inquired.
“He said you’re doing brilliant. You’re his best recruit,” he replied. “Even though I can’t see why.”
A small smile formed on miss Delwera’s face. She did do a great job. It was way better than her old job, which was daily writing down of numbers for ungrateful old men who could do nothing but complain. Of course, not everything about this was great, especially her other boss. Alone the thought about having to go back there tomorrow is excruciating.
“Are you okay, miss?” Mr. Laurence noticed her expression. “You know that you can come back if it is to risky. I would understand. This job is nothing for a woma-”
“Oh, believe me,” the woman replied. “It would take more than the fact of me being a women to make me quit spying for our country.”

• alwayswriting

Thank you so much, I'll try to include that :) (and yes, it's set in the 40's)

• A Certain Type of Decisive

I love spy stories! This one was exciting, the way it was told was very visual, I could really see it in my mind :) If you're looking for something to add, maybe more sensory details other than sight? (and indents lol) I love the tone it's told in, too-- very antiquated, but it sets the stage for what year it's in (my guess is the 40's?). Idk, it made me smile.

• alwayswriting

Hey guys, what do you think of this short story? Let me know in the comments!
    Have an amazing day:)