Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

SYZYGY (#words)
J.A.M.
Corinne
14
Female (she/her)
Straight
CJCLDS
Dreamer
Anxiety
Reader
Webtoon Geek ;)
Music Must-Have
#giveusbackourwords
Middle child and only girl :w:

Hello Lovelies! Thank you so much for 200+ followers! It's insane how many of you I've had the chance to get to know. I LOVE YOU! I can't believe it has yet to be a year!

New here? Go check out Dmoral's piece to get you started!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/132307/version/254176

Well, I have exciting news! Busssy.Beee and I are doing a collaboration! We're so excited to share "As Fate Would Have Us" with you, and we hope that everyone is excited too! Go check out the trailer!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/203788/version/418460

I'm slipping, into the deep end
I'm in over my head, can't catch my breath
"Deep End" - Ruelle

Oh, What War Does To A Young Lad

19
Let me share a story that perhaps you've never heard. A tale it may be, but the story itself holds my heart. Augustus was a young lad who went to war on one destructive night. The torches burned bright, and the flags were raised. The kingdoms had fallen apart, you see, and so they went to battle to claim what was not theirs to have. The battlefield was red with blood; the streams were infested with it. Bodies littered the ground like leaves from the autumn season. 

Augustus didn't go into battle alone, you see. With him, were his friends and family. A young woman whom he loved dearly was by his side during these ruthless days and broken nights. On that last rotation, when Augustus as his heart, Anna, charged back onto the slick field, their stomachs roiling from all the death, a tragedy struck. 

Augustus and Anna had fought an old soldier, attacking from the front and the back, when another woman appeared behind Anna and struck. Augustus had felt numb as Anna froze, staring at him through glossy eyes before falling limply on the ground. Augustus didn't remember screaming, but he did. He lifted his broad sword and smote down his enemies, collapsing beside his love. He'd watched her die, watched her bleed, and he didn't do anything. He sobbed into the night, fighting the enemy with his anger, and hatred. He screamed into the void of his mind, missed the feeling of physical pain when his opponent slashed a dagger down his face, barely missing the eye. Sweet, sweet vengeance. Stirred by a loss so deep Augustus wouldn't recover. At least not easily.

It's a couple years after battle, and August clutched the banana to his chest. Funny it might seem, but we all know it's not. Augustus lived amongst the fields of wheat, slicing through it with his sickle. He would talk to Banana; share his deepest secrets and desires with Banana. He was a shattered man, no more of the boy in him. Though he was only twenty and five years, he seemed sixty. 

Oh, what war does to a man. Steals his heart and soul from him. And the lands below were destroyed and littered with bones, but still the flag waved, torn and bloodied. The giant islands that floated above, were where they lived. Two, lustful kingdoms seeking more land and wealth still ruling. Augustus despised them, but couldn't remember why. For his mind was not his own any longer, and he'd forgotten the life he lead before. So he talked to Banana, spilling everything he remembered before locking it away forever. He couldn't even remember the number of fingers on his hand lest he counted them one by one, but even then, he'd have to start over again. 

Oh, what a pity, what a pity it is, to see Augustus so down-trodden and wrecked. It's not the end of the war, but it is for him, for he is was so destroyed that he was bound to die. And that he did. At the age of twenty and six, his broken heart succeeded in erasing him from existence. Next to him laid his banana, once golden and now black. No one disturbed him where he rested, down on the mainland, on a bed of bones and a dried sea of blood, right next to where his heart had been lost, along with his will to continue on. 

And thus was the end of Augustus's war, both internal and external the conflicts. Back with his dear old Anna, I presume, because he past with a smile on his lips. Oh, what war does to a young lad. It turns him old before he's even lived. 
Word Count: 623

I guess I was thinking of my grandpa again today, with everything going on. My grandfather was a military man, one of many in our family. He died of a broken heart mere years after his beautiful wife died. I miss him, and I dedicate this story to him. Love you all! Stay safe, stay happy, and I'll see you soon.

<3 J.A.M

• Jasmine khawar

Re: thanks!
    I have a cat already. You can pet one XD

• Jasmine khawar

Heyaa! I tried to do a piece inspired by your "A home built for me" :)

• Busssy.Beee

re: thank you!! Squats are literally the W.O.R.S.T! But, the reality of online pe is that all we do are squats and like jumping jacks. >:( But, yeah same. I didn't watch snoopy for like so long. What else did you use to watch? I used to watch Barney, Thomas Train, and like Peppa Pig.

• CrazyNinjaKid

replying: thank you for your beautiful comment corinne!! xx

• Busssy.Beee

Awww, the footnotes!! :''( This is so raw and beautiful!<3
    Re: Hmm, I should probably search the web for a new pfp, it's about time anyway. And then, my pe class is kinda dumb. We are literally watching a Snoopy episode about thanksgiving smh. ngl though, it's kinda better than doing squats all day. OH and I forgot, good luck on your two exams, I'm sure you'll do so well!! <3

• midnight.summerrose

Wow, this is amazing!! :)

• Hailie Ogden

Respond: I'm great, how are you? Sorry that my question was so weird last night, but it just sparked my curiosity. It has been awhile, hasn't it? I usually write on wattpad now, but I'm hoping to get back into writing on here because wtw is a great site!

• Hailie Ogden

Um, I know this is weird but are you on TikTok? I found this account @kylah_aesthetics and the profile picture for it reminds me of the one you used to have on one of your old accounts for wtw.... uh, I hope you don't mind me asking that and it is a really weird question, I admit.

Re: Aw, you sweet darling! thanks so much <333

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, thanks! I’m glad you get a laugh out of it! :)

Oh, I LOVE this!!! So good :D

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Thanks, love! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

This is the link to my second draft in case you want to look at it! <3

• If you died right now, where would you go? (Kit-Kat Sully)

Wow! This is so sad and sweet! <3

• queenie

i'm commenting on this again because I love it so much.

Replying: Thank you! :)

oh wow this is so sad...but written so beautifully

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

I really love this piece! :D
    Also, how do you republish pieces?

• queenie

How do write such meaningful pieces in such short paragraphs? It's amazing.

• madeline3.14159

This is so emotional and beautiful. Such and insightful piece. I guess I don't think about war this much in my little protected corner of the world. Great reminder for us all.
    Re: Those are both such great ideas!!! I'm love them both.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, thank you thank you!! I’m so glad you like them both!! :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Aw, thanks. I'm definitely considering continuing that, but not until I finish my Eight People To Go series. Anyway, I usually read the top two or three most popular webtoons of each day, especially Sunday through Thursday. <3

• JustAnotherDarling

This is so good. And I've never really thought of old wars - like those that were fought with sword and ax - but you told the story so well. "Oh, what war does to a young lad. It turns him old before he's even lived." I love how you wrote this with you as the narrator; it's a sweet, somber sort of sad, I think, war.

<3

• Mpm#1

This is really nice to read especially now. So many people I know act like war is a game, but it’s really just one big tragedy. This is really well written too!