mindfruit

14
he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
social introvert
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
Sanderson, Rowling, Riordan, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Need a peer review?
Just comment on a piece with the link and I'll get to it ASAP!

Currently Reading: Unlocked by Shannon Messenger

Check out my wtw sister Rohan's Defender, my wtw mom Anne Blackwood, and FantasyOtter12!

CAvengers Assemble! sci-Fi, therisingwriter, Tula.S, seaomelette, mooncake

mindfruitcake #holidayvibes

roses are red for a reason....

23
the symphony of spring is playing softly through the air
accompanied by the lazy humming of bees
and the twinkling laughter of carefree children...

as you dance through the garden
knees stained green and fingers smooth from the sand
it catches your eye
the most beautiful bloom you have ever seen
you stop, almost as if in a trance...

like nectar calling for a hummingbird
it entices you, drawing you in
towards its beautiful scarlet petals
and as you gently stroke its fragile folds
careful not to tear them even in the slightest bit
you think of what an innocent flower this is
but underneath those deceitful blood-red wrinkles
are piercing thorns...

Not exactly sure where this came from, all I know is that the idea popped into my head after I piano lessons. It's definitely not my best piece, by far, but I've been needing to write something. Well, hope y'all enjoy!

• AmandaWritesRandolphTheRedNoesedSeaHorse(#holidayvibes)

This is really beautiful and the atmosphere of this piece is amazingly described. Your writing style is really nice. You are very talented!

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is amazing! I know I has this word a lot, but it’s beautiful! I kinda like that it has a creepy edge too it. I also like your descriptions! Great piece!
    Replying: YES! The books are so good! But, the movies would have to be like 7 hours long to have the whole story... The worst movie take on a book I’ve seen was Prince Caspian. They make the characters so arrogant!
    Thanks! I don’t know if a lot of people notice it, XD. It’s skinny letters, so I think you’d have to be staring at my glasses to see it. If someone does see it, they don’t tell me, XD. My glasses used to say “Ompeku Sweetie,” which means “Give me candy,” XD!

• waxingcrescents

Again, this piece is exceptional! You are such a wordsmith; your use of sensory details and imagery help immerse the readers in your scene. Reading this poem felt like the way honey tastes. I also love the edge your tone takes towards the end. It leaves me wanting more!

• mistletoe3.14159 (#Holidayvibes)

This is so beautiful!!!!! Also, I was scrolling down and I saw your bio again and I am struck by an overwhelming urge to express how much I want to read KOTLC 8.5 and Stormlight 4 XD. Just another couple months...

• Rachaelgrace

I love the imagery here! Great writing!

• Currently Unavailable

Wow! Love this! Also, CONGRATS ON BEING COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR! XD

• Eblinn

(reply) I know right? When I read that book, I was surprised that an author in the 1950s was able to write about things that we think about today. Holden is one interesting character, that's for sure.
    I was wondering, in your bio it says 'Messenger' but I can't figure out what that refers to. The others are writers and an athlete, right? I've never read Percy Jackson but I always feel like I should since they seem like interesting books.
    Also, I love this piece! it seems so peaceful and light-hearted, till you reach the end.

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Re: ok awesome!! That’s great that you’re doing that! I’d do it too if I had more time, XD! And thank you! I love doing the poetry! And I really like my new profile picture!

Hey, Mindfruit! How’re you? If I may ask, what exactly is “Life is Dynamite”?

also you took your profile pic!! That is amazing!! Where did you take it?? I live in an area where there are lots of orcas and orca boat tours but have never seen one :( one day tho! haha

oh wow this is gorgeous! The imagery is stunning. it really made me imagine i was in a garden. love this so much <3

Re: ha, that’s cool! I knew it sounded unique, but I was curious how you got it! And really? I’m surprised I’m the first to ask! But thank you for the story!! :)

BTW, also, how did you come up with your username? I’ve been curious about some of the ones I’ve heard one here! I’ve seen some really creative ones!!

Re: yes, I agree! I love that whole... would you call it a speech? But yes, it’s great (and they should have used it more!) Also, I love Peeta’s heartfelt (and incredibly heartbreaking) lines about “If I’m going to die, I want to still be me. I don’t want them to change me....... etc.” (I’ll spare you the whole dialogue! XD)

• Landofstories

ahhhh ohmygosh i love this so much and all your pieces so far!!<3

This is great!!!!! And I’ll pretend like I don’t know what this could mean in a deeper sense...... thorns and flowers and all. :)
    Re: aww, thank you! I’ve really gotten into the poetry recently. You’ve got writer’s block? May I suggest doing some nonsense writing. Maybe if you do that, it will kind of clear out the messiness and leave you with some real ideas? I don’t know, but maybe that would help. They say to write even if you can’t think of anything but one sentence, just repeat it over and over until you think of something. Yes, Finnick does have an understanding of the others (like Katniss) *sniff* Also, I agree, because I saw the movies first too. But the books were still different enough that I could barely put them down! :D I’m so happy so liked them, and I’m going to look into the Unwanteds. So thank you!