mindfruit

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
14
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Title suggestions, please!

key

24
I had forgotten what freedom tasted like
I was alone
sitting in the shadow of solitude
sour tears on simple walls
confined within
and the world?
there was none

the silence was sickening
gone were the sounds of the city
the sounds of life
fear became the new anthem
each unruly beat
tearing a new hole through my heart

​it wasn't supposed to happen like this
​it wasn't supposed to end this way

and then I met you
we were the same, yet different
friends, yet strangers
familiar, yet alien
you took my hand gently in yours
with no promises, no reassurances,
but utter sincerity
and showed me the way out

and even though the world hasn't changed
at least I have you

I was skimming through my "free writing" and I found this. Hope y'all enjoy (and sorry if it's not my best work, I just really felt the need to publish something)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Just reviewed!

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey! So I know this is random (story of my life, XD) But I wanted to let you know I’m writing a song that’s partially inspired by this poem. I hope that’s okay with you? I’ll give you credit, of course, if I end up posting it or anything, but I just wanted to ask if you mind if I use a few of the lines from this poem?

• Rohan’s Defender

Aww, thank you for the bio mention!! :D And also, I left a review on this poem this morning! Hope you get it soon!

• rise

This is great ...I like the lines in the 4th Para- and then I met you....
    Awesome piece!

• em wilder

just WOW! it's like this poem can be about anything, but it's not. It is about something that you, the writer, chose. To us reader's though, it feels like it can be about anything that we choose. Keep writing, this is great!!

So I just found out your name (I promise I wasn't stalking you... okay I was but I stalk everyone to some extent... I just saw the name Michael and whatever) and I freaking love it. Like I was highkey obsessed with that name for like a year.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! Yes, it’s kinda got an HG vibe, but actually it’s more based off of an old friend of mine. He was my grandma’s neighbor, and he was three years older than me. We were friends for like 5 years, and then he moved and never said anything to me. And then I saw him after that (he was a friend of my cousin) and he also didn’t say ANYTHING to me. That was really hard. But I’ve worked through it in writing before, and sometimes I think about it and like to write about it. It still makes for some interesting writing I guess.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you! I hope I’ll publish it someday (I need to work on it more...... but my first draft of book one is done!) And haha, I still don’t know where that came from! I don’t know his name, I might have to go ask him...... Thank you about Noelle, it was inspired from the song! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Ps. I feel special that I was the first one to find out! XD

• sci-Fi

Uhmmmm this is amazing. Deep and serious and powerful and ugh I love it. Nice job mindfruit!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Connor!! Thank you, that’s so cool! Believe it or not, one of my book characters is named Connor (I promise I’m not making it up! It’s outside of WtW, but he’s kind of like Gale but.... kinder I guess no offense to Gale!) Okay so for some reason I imagine names/voices/appearances for people a lot of times. Jason kept coming to my my mind (I really have no idea why) and Michael (I honestly was thinking of F’Otter for that one...) But I think it’s so cool that I have a character named Connor! Thanks for sharing! And also, I guess I’ll share something about myself in return, it’s only fair. Hmmmmm........ my middle name is Noelle.

Re: Yep she is! Gosh every new thing I learn about you makes me like you more lol.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Thank you! I’m so happy it’s relatable! I’m glad, cause I wasn’t quite sure....
    Yep, it was pretty terrifying. But hey, if I lived twice in my dreams, that’s got to mean something right? I don’t know... But thank you! Also, if you feel like sharing, I’d like to know your name. I’ve had a couple names that keep coming to my mind, but idk where they came from! XD Anyway, I understand if you don’t want to. But also you’re more than welcome! :)

• Livsnjutare (#words)

• Livsnjutare (#words)

ooo!! I love this!

Also, I published draft 2/3 of "the f-5 catastrophe"
    Thanks for your very helpful review!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey, just saw you’re up to 80 followers! Congrats on that!!!!! Your poetry is amazing!

• Sarsora

This is amazing! I was wondering if you could review one of my piece, this is the link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/194901/version/395976

• Hanadee Cone

This piece brought tears to my eyes I loved it, It's so well written. I can just feel the emotion in this (good job)

• Rohan’s Defender

*chases* not caress

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! Yes, it’s interesting! Sometimes I don’t know that I’m dreaming though, like especially in some scary situations... I dreamed I was in the Hunger Games the other night. It took all of about 5 seconds after the games started for Cato to come after me. So yeah. But I lived (and won with Peeta and Rue.....) I’ve dreamed I’m in the Games at least twice. Someone always caress me

• Tula.S

this piece is beautiful. it's so well-constructed and fresh.

• Chloe :) <3

This is amazing!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Aw, thank you! Yes, it just kept getting longer and longer, and I was almost crying too! So yeah. But thank you, I always put a lot of emotion into them so it’s interesting to write.

• dream02

Re: oh thx! I thought it sucked to be honest lol!

• lochnessie

re: haha oh well

Re: Thank you!
    Lol it's fine I was just giving you a hard time. But if someone breaks your heart, I will track them down and give them the mom glare. And I might throw something. At them.

• Rohan’s Defender

This is so vivid and emotional! So philosophical! It’s an amazing piece!

• RemovedUser1

Wow, I love this! I’m not that good at poetry, so I always think “bad” poetry is amazing! Although, I’m pretty sure not poetry is bad, because... it’s poetry. But I love how you took two very real emotions and described them so well! Great job!

This is so beautiful. I know I overuse that word, but it really is. Raw, emotional, real, and sweet. Could fit right in a realistic YA book (in a good way. Reminds me, for some reason, of Hope and Other Punch Lines by Julie Buxbaum, even though it's not really related.

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Can you read my speech contest submission? Please review!

YES I started a thing. *insert maniacal laugh that probably confused the other denizens of my house*

• lochnessie

re: thank you!
    and this comment would be way out of place if i didn't add ..
    aww, is mindfruit in LOVE??

• Treblemaker

This made me smile, what a wonderful piece with simple beautiful gestures. Also thanks for the welcome to Wtw, I was very confused about this site and your welcome was greatly appreciated!

• (sk)eyesofocher

wait is Mindfruit in love? I saw annes comment and couldn't help but ask XD

Awww is mindfruit in love?? *roots for you* This piece is do sweet.

• dream02

This is amazing!!!