lochnessie

flaming dragon protector of all minority groups, especially if sunny lets me borrow her sword
proud big sister <3

fireful.

precious green

PROMPT: Intersection

39
skyscrapers stretching, 
no space between
balconies abandoned and

overflowing overpouring with vines,
leaves and green twists
a tree grows where a couple slept,
right through the mattress.

vines wrap around the lurid green,
plastic leaves of a fake plant
no longer visible.

a life of precious things,
hidden away
and the trees say,
are we not precious?

• jaii

hey! obviously you don't know me haha but i'm friends with a lot of ppl here on wtw and a lot of them have said you are the sweetest and you really do seem very sweet from what i've seen. i'm sorry about what happened with anne. she's... yeah, she's a character alright haha. anyways there's this website named called the prose and it's actually a lot nicer community wise than wtw. there are a lot of wtwers, old and more recent generation, on prose and i think you would enjoy it there! my username there is @jaii and you may message me any time to ask any questions or just talk. here's the link to prose-
    https://theprose.com/
    (i'm putting this in one of your older pieces bc i don't want anne to see this. don't really want that kinda vibe on prose.)
    <3

• chasing sunsets

Congrats!! This is honestly soo beautiful

• Wishing on Dandelions

CONGRATS!! love the imagery. :)

• ~wildflower~

Congrats on getting featured! This is a lovely poem, and the last stanza really hit me. Great writing!!

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

Awsome work!

• sci-Fi

Congrats on Wednesday words! This is so beautiful, I love the imagery!!

• Chloe :) <3

This piece is really beautiful! Congrats on the win! Well deserved

• AbellePuppy34

Congratulations on the win!

Re: haha no you're fine!! Vegetated sounds... interesting XD but the other two sound great! Yeah, potato cakes sound a lot like tater tots. And burgers are VERY popular here. Juicy Lucys are just like upgraded burgers (but sometimes they can be hard to eat because they're like kinda round since there is cheese inside).

I wish wtw allowed us to do that convention thing!!

re: sadly i have to stop talking for now :( i have to go have dinner (it's 6:15pm here) but it was really fun hearing about all of the differences!! hope you have a great day!!

re: i'm so confused... what are lamingtons? and i think i've heard of vegimite... i'm guessing that potato cakes are pretty much what they sound like. Weird!!!

re: no, Juicy Lucys are SO GOOD!!! seriously!!! I can't believe you've never heard of them!!! wow... someday, come visit Minnesota and we can eat hotdish and tater tots and Juicy Lucys. it will be wonderful.

re: wow, i've never heard of that!! cool. maybe next time i'm at a campfire i'll say that and confuse all my friends :) it's so weird how different parts of the world have different traditions or phrases!

re: wait, what is the white rabbit thing? ive never heard of that!

Beautiful! Congratulations! HAH I knew you were guaranteed to get people saying they love your accent, I'm Australian so I GET IT! :PPPP

BUT YOU ARE VERY VERY WRONG.

;)

YOU ARE WRONG.

re: well... it's not a casserole so you can put hamburger in it! :) also if you have never experienced the gloriousness that is a tater tot i am very sorry for you, they're basically just potato... nuggets. but delicious. haha, i love that!!
    Oh, also, duck duck grey duck is a game that kids play--they sit in a circle and one person goes around and taps their heads, saying "duck" with each one. Then, randomly, they'll say "duck duck grey duck" and the person they tap has to chase them around the circle. but everywhere else in the US they say duck duck GOOSE and that is just WRONG
    wow i never thought id have to explain duck duck grey duck... XD

re: ALSO it's Duck Duck Grey Duck. if you say anything otherwise i dont know if we can be friends.
    (kidding) (but also like... not) XD

re: omg lol--also i love the fact that you say "mates" we never say that either!
    And hotdish is like, my comfort food. with green beans and cheese and hamburger and sometimes tater tots... yummmm. it sounds so good when you say hotdish, but the word casserole just sounds... gross. like, ewwwww casserole but yummm hotdish.
    XD i'm hardly making sense to me lol. and fizzy drink? but that takes so long to say!!

re: omg haha that is so funny! I always say barbecue--i dont know anyone who says barbie here lol. and when i said pop i meant as in soda... but i guess that works too XD i should have specified. And it's hotdish all. the. way. i don't know what you're talking about--casserole? what's casserole? ew.
    anyways, that's really cool lol!! i don't think i've ever said g'day in my life (unless i was being silly idk)
    also shrimp is delicious. XD

re: haha omg that's awesome!!! there are so many stereotypes about Minnesota... I just looked up Minnesotan accent and found a website that was like "weird phrases Minnesotans use" and some of them (like uff da and you betcha) only a few people actually use... but some of them were actually spot-on, like how we call pop... well, pop, and how everyone says interesting when they don't want to say what they actually think, and hotdish is hotdish and definitely not casserole. but yeah. do you ever get annoyed with stereotypes about Australian accents or phrases?

re: awwww love your voice is awesome!! don't be embarrassed!! (but also i totally get it i hate the sound of my own voice) I'm not someone to talk to about accents, but yours sounds very Australian to me... idk!! :)
    oh sometimes it's super funny because i'll be talking to a family member or friend (one friend specifically) and all of a sudden they'll say something and it will sound SO TYPICALLY MINNESOTAN like theyll say "oh, sure, you betcha" and ahhhhhh it's so funny lmao

re: nooooo your accent is absolutely the best!!! honestly i wish i lived in Europe or Australia just for the accent lol :) mine is Minnesotan, which isn't that fun... XD hope you're having a good day!!

• beth r.

congrats!!! great piece!

• JustAnotherDarling

Your imagery is so vivid! "vines wrap around the lurid green/plastic leaves of a fake plant/no longer visible." I LOVE that line! congrats on Wednesday words!! :)

Congrats!!!

also I LOVE your reading voice!

YAY! CONGRATS ON WEDNESDAY WORDS!!! /vines wrap around the lurid green/ The imagery is so vivid and so beautiful <3
    btw i LOVE your profile pic haha

EEEEEE I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! MY DAUGHTER DID THIS!! YES!!!
    Hehe. I just whealed (wheezed and squealed). Congrats! I love this piece.

wow, this is gorgeous!!! Congrats on wednesday words!! (also omg i love your accent lol)

• Rohan’s Defender

Beautiful!! Congrats, Nessie!!

• ~Zoe N~

Beautiful! Congrats on Wednesday words!

• madeline3.14159

This is beautiful!!! Congrats on wednesday words!!!

Re: thx so much for the support!

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Absolutely love!