Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

I'd like to enter this one in the speech writing competition

I am not a Writer - Draft 4

10
  I am not a writer.
 I do not seek to write epic poems and tales of the heroic, I am not a storyteller.
 I take pride to admit, I'm rather terrible at churning my imagination and placing it into an empty physical existence. To be so cruel to my own imagination is to be crass, and an unsavory type that would make me. 
  I am a poet.
 I write scarcely, and honorably, and above all; controversially. 
  But do not mistake me for a journalist, lay now a promise that I will not call upon my own demise in such a savage manner as such that the whole 'art' of journalism portrays.
I am not a dramatist, I could only strive to curl my being in the footpath of the likes of Oscar Wild.
 I will not be famous, I will not be known. I will be only the slightest bit notorious. Should my name ever go down in history, ever, I will know my greatest failures remain infamous even after my death.
 Take my refusal to fantasize about the future as final. Having already fallen into the despair of my own mind countless times, I do not seek solace in wanton impossibilities that seek only to strike tragedies.

I am a poet, so here is my poem:

An ode to the ones who I would not die for;
  I am not a villain.
Well, that was intense, slightly tantalizing. What a lot of you notice most about my works is mychoice of prose, thanks! I like my writing to feel like something you'd read on a newspaper in the 1880s for a lack of better distraction. It's kind of fun.

• ~wildflower~

Wow - this is INCREDIBLE!! Amazing!!! If you want to enter this in the comp, you definitely should. I want to click the follow button a million times right now!

• Dmoral

i adore this form of irony

• Wisp

" I am a poet.
    I write scarcely, and honorably, and above all; controversially. "
    Gosh I love that line. It just feels so real and everything a poet is. None of that fancy frilly lovesick yearning stuff that society makes poets seem like (though, there's not wrong with writing like that, I myself too concede into societal constrictions of poetry from time to time). Wonderful piece as always. And I love your footnote, it adds a whole other level to your writing that I hadn't realized before.
    Replying: You are quite kind, and I can't deny your words put a smile on my face. And of course, I can't deny that your works too are a wonder for the eyes. I adore your newspaper in the 1880s writing vibe you have going on here. It is divine. I'll see you around, as I'm sure I will. Talent like yours doesn't come around everyday after all.

• beth r.

wow, i love this format!
    "but you can just call me caleb." i laughed too hard XD
    re: lol thanks!

Re- Aw your comment made me smile! Thank you:)

so beautiful!! And yes, you are a poet—and a really good one. I love your pieces and your writing <3 happy writing, dear!! <3

• abby.a

wow. just... wow. my lack of words feels almost offending considering the piece i just read. well, i hope you'll be able to safely read through my temporary loss for words because your piece has nearly stunned me into complete silence.

Re: Thx :) <3