buddingauthor

15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), and Divergent.
Please suggest any, absolutely anyyy good book you've read, Ill try and get on board!

Starry, but hopeless

11
Earlier, the city would be bustling- full of chaos- cars overtaking each other one after the other, a mindless and senseless chase. The buzz of the radio sounded like a background noise- meaningless chatter that just made the wires of the brain more tangled than they already were. The buses and taxis honked at their rivals- the cars, eager to take their passengers home as soon as possible to get a five- star rating. The buildings were all lit up- giving the unfortunate lot of people stuck in traffic something beautiful to look at.
The hustle and bustle of the city was exhausting. The only thing that made it go away was driving as far as possible, into the unknown, not knowing where to head. No destination in mind, just the goal of an escape- a place where no other car could drive, no phone would buzz, no troubles could reach. Peace could only be attained then.
It felt suffocating because of the pollution and the dirty air, strangers shouting at one another for no reason- claustrophobia in even the most open of spaces.
The stars were sparse, but there was always hope- someday we will see them again- someday. That someday was always supposed to be really uplifting, happy- the bright stars shining and twinkling and making an already amazing day even better- it was always supposed to be blissful.
But now, its all being missed. Oh, so utterly being missed. The polluted air, the honking of the cars, the blinding lights of the skyscrapers- everything. The chatter of the radio isn’t so meaningless anymore- every word, every syllable is heard. The silence is deafening- not even a single honk to accompany it. There is no need to go to a far away place for peace now, it has come on its own. The peace is overwhelming now, its too much. The suffocation is not the pollution, it’s the damn mask. The stars shine bright now, twinkling all across the night sky- but its not a happy day. They were so busy getting ready to shine, they forgot the joy and the hope.

• September 23, 2020 - 10:10am (Now Viewing)

• Fernweh

and what can i say about this piece? its just so accurate and beautiful. earlier i wanted to get away from the city but now i miss it so much. staying in my home for so long chokes and suffocates me. most of all i am missing something i thought i would never miss - school!!!! like everything is so changed, can't we just go back to how everything was?
    awesome writing...so true i swear

• Fernweh

Heyyy Sammmm
    Its so nice to see you active again!!!!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Since you asked for book suggestions, Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaleed Hosseini is stunning! Hunger Games I guess you would've already read. :D

• Bhavya's Treasure

This is so gorgeous!
    'Wires of the brain more tangled than they already are' so so true! XD
    Your images speak of satire and are very vivid. I'm in love with this. I hope the starts will remember to carry joy and hope alongwith the shine next time!

re: Ooh I love those ones!! Have you read And Then There Were None?? That one is an all time fav. Murder in Mesopotamia was really interesting but Endless Night legit made my jaw drop. I had to reread the reveal twice cause it was unexpected (to me at least)

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Aw.. this is kinda sad... It's really good though, as always.

Also, you should check out Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card! It's so freaking good ;)

oh my word...reading your bio! I love agatha christie too!!! and don't even get me started on sherlock hahaha. Do you have any favorite from Christie??

• Samina

Replying: I understand life is ahh busy. I think you have overcome you block and come up with some stunning gorgeous pieces. It's like so much has changed in months lol! Ikr! We have never meet but it feels home here.

• Samina

We all are going through it. Beautifully written.
    Replying: Thanks! It's been long. How're you? I was missing you :/