madeline3.14159

~it is during our
darkest moments
that we must focus
to see the light~
aristotle

sanderson-messenger-rowling-sullivan-riordan

"i am a stick"

est. 8.19.20

Fun fact... This can be read multiple ways... Regular font then italic font, or straight down the page.

Do I see myself?

18

You turn words in to music.      
                                                  I struggle to make sense of the chaos. 
Your phrases sing like elegant birds soaring above the earth.    
                                             I string words together dreaming of cohesiveness. 
    Each syllable chimes like a bell ringing in celebration.      
                                              I gasp for breath in between the confusing sounds. 
You weave your wisdom into words that bring order to life.     
                                                 I dream of a time when I can even fathom life. 
The poetry that pours out of you signals your perfection.               
                                                       I can only write about my imperfection.
      Do you hear that evil whisper in your mind?                                 
                                                                  Why am I not good enough? 
   That promise that you will never be good enough?                 
                                                          My words mock me in your perfect rhyme
    Could your words be hiding the truth of your doubt?     
                                        That pledge that I haven't earned anything rings true in my ears. 

Do you ask the same questions?                                              
                                                                   Do we hear the same answers? 
       Do you really see yourself the way I see you?             
                                    Do my words make the same cacophony in your ears as in mine?                                   
                 Are you deaf to your music?                                                        
                                                                     Am I blind to my beauty?

Are you too asking the question...            
                                                                           I don't understand...

Why am I not good enough?
Another random experiment with formatting... Let me know what you think :) Also, I changed my profile pic, do you like it?

This just.. Speaks to me! So gorgeous!!!

• Rohan’s Defender

And Coolgirl2020’s part 6 of the collab is out!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awesome, thank you! :)

Replying: Thanks! :D

• RemovedUser1

Ok, I read through this the three different times and this is still AMAZING. Like, I don’t know, but I love it. Like, truly, I’m not exaggerating. Great job!

• ~Zoe N~

Re:
    yeah, it's hard :(

• RemovedUser1

That’s a super long comment, sorry, XD!

• RemovedUser1

Wow. Wow. I feel like I could read through this multiple times and still be amazed. This left me.. like, breathless. That’s only happened to me one other time. Great job!
    Replying: Yeah, we haven’t talked in a while. I guess we were both busy :). Actually, I’m reading a book right now called “Lineage of Grace,” by Francine Rivers, and since you’re a Christian, you’d probably like it:). I LOVE it. It’s about the 5 women in the Bible who are in Jesus’s genealogy, and it expands on their stories. It is SO good. (But it’s 500 pages... haha.) Another book I just read is called “Women of the Word,” by Jen Wilkin. It’s about studying the Bible, and making it more than “something I’m SUPPOSED to do,” and making it your lifeline. And how to do that. Both of those books are really good. What books have you been reading? I’m always on the lookout, XD.
    Oh, and school is fine. My Anatomy class is today, which I’m looking forward too :). How is your school?

• Vicarious (on hiatus)

This format is really intriguing! I love this piece

• Rohan’s Defender

I really like yours though!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay, awesome! I thought about that, but I wasn’t sure if it was from a movie or something! Yep, sadly my profile picture is not myself............... I cheated and snapped a pic from a movie. Yep, I know.

• Rohan’s Defender

Beautiful! Amazing format!!
    Re: awwww, thank you! And YAY! I’m so excited! :D I didn’t recognize you at first cause of your new profile pic! I like it! (If I may ask, what is it exactly? Sorrryyyy! *blushing in embarrassment at not knowing *) Thank you again!

• abby.a

this is so beautifully personal, and holds so many emotions that i fear i will never be able to unscramble. a stunning piece <3 also, i do love the profile picture :)

yes!! Love love love this!! <3 <3
    also..i love your profile pic!

Ooh this is cool and existential *stamps with random approval*

Re: Haha thanks ^u^

beautiful! the formatting is very pleasing to read. I like this piece a lot! <3