Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

3
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

XI. a storm approaches,
rusted wind plagues us all.
     our blood is boiling
but ice encases our veins.
     i will not see the stars tonight.

What did you think when you read that? Just tell me, please, even if it was an unintelligible image that flashed across your mind for the briefest second.

• Minvra

Ice, the moment I saw that, I knew it has something to do with numbness or indifference or shutting off your emotions. I imagine this isn't about determination. But rather survival. Though, I didn't think about a soldier until I saw Buddingauthor's. When you say the blood is boiling but ice encases, it feels like the exterior—body is the ice. The poker face, but underneath the person is angry or his emotions is spiraling out of control. Kind of like how rusted wind sounds like weathering rocks. The environment is weathering, but the cool exterior tops your emotions.

• buddingauthor

The first thing that came to my mind was a battlefield. A warrior bracing himself for a war, all suited up. It made me think of the various emotions he felt- fury, determination and uncertainty. Even though these are just five lines, they painted a huge picture in my head. This is an amazing piece!

• journal.scribbles

circumstances* sorry typos in my comments bug me so much XD

• journal.scribbles

I thought of some sort of upcoming battle. Like a conflict they know they can't avoid but also know will cause great loss. I thought of, I don't know, the narrator's emotions blinding them? The circumstance causing them to do things they know they'll regret? Amazing word choice and poem!