Peer Review by Ava Marie (Canada)

I Should Have Done This In September

By: ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

Prompt 1

1. What is your favorite genre to write? 
    Honestly, I love romance and fantasy. I'm particularly partial to fairies, elves, and halflings. Oh, I also ADORE realistic fiction. Sci-Fi is fun to write but difficult, and historical fiction is really hard to write and just not fun for me.
2. What is your favorite genre to read? 
    Fantasy. Mythology. Anything having to do with mystical, magical creatures and worlds. Also-Rick Riordan. He's a genre in itself. Again, I also love realistic fiction; authors like Wendy Mass and Lisa Greenwald are pretty interesting to me.
3. What draws you to the WtW community? 
    I love how true everyone is on here. More importantly, I adore the connections people make with each other.
4. What do you find most challenging about writing?
    SENTENCE STRUCTURE. It's difficult to not be repetitive when it comes to building sentences in certain ways!
5. Most exhilarating?  
    I'd have to say finding new vocabulary words is such a blast. What's another word for hot? Sweltering. Another word for happy? Gleeful. One for great? Superlative. There are so many!
6. What is one goal that you have for yourself while here? 
    I want to inspire others and make sure my writing strikes a chord with at least one person.

Prompt 2

My name is Alexandra. Generic, I know. I don't think I was named after anyone in particular. Everyone has always called me Alex because my mom wanted to name me that but my dad said it was too masculine. I know-hold on, one, two, three...-five people with the same nickname. Five. As for historical significance, ever heard of Alexander the Great?

Prompt 3

1. Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual). 
  • Anime (My Hero Academia, Blend S-the best one, etc.)
  • Musical (Dear Evan Hansen, Newsies, Hamilton, Six, etc.)
  • Book (Percy Jackson, The Giver, etc.) 
2. Three places you learn well (these can be unusual).   
  • My desk, listening to cavetown
  • In the classroom when the activity is engaging
  • When eavesdropping (hehe...bad habit)
3. Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
  • Creative
  • Smart 
  • Loyal
4. Three adjectives your family would use.
  • Talented
  • Special
  • Beautiful
5. Three adjectives you would use.
  • Bubbly
  • Musical
  • Short (I'm 5' 2", pls help TwT)
6. Three beliefs you hold.   
  • There's no such thing as right and wrong.
  • People are like puzzle pieces: some people fit together, and some people just don't, and that's okay.
  • The disciples were gay. (Come on, what do you think they did in their free time?)
7. Three sources of comfort.   
  • Lofi music
  • Drawing (except drawing the frICKING HANDS I CAN'T EVEN-)
  • My plush octopi (see my poem "Octopi")
8. Three instincts that serve you well.   
  • Go with your gut. I've never been in a serious situation but going with my gut on a test usually ends up in my favor.
  • If you think something might go wrong, bring whatever you need to prevent that thing from happening.
  • You never know when you might need an ocarina.
9. Three responsibilities you shoulder.   
  • Being the big sister
  • Being a good friend
  • Being myself
10. Three things of which you are proud. 
  • The effort I put into things 
  • My musical skills
  • The fact that I'm not dead
11. Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual.
  • My parents are both doctors, which means I rode in a booster seat in the car until I was around 11 or 12.
  • I go to Catholic School (yeesh).
  • ummmmm nothing else really

There are so many lines that I resonate with, but the responsibility ones I really connected with.

I love your style, it's both normal and unique (which I don't really understand)

Keep going!