KBridget

-16 years old
-Pansexual/Poly
-They/Them
-My life is just one big panic attack
-Real name is Kayla

"When you make the effort to speak someone else's language, even if it's just basic phrases here and there, you are saying to them, 'I understand that you have a culture and identity that exists beyond me. I see you as a human being” -Trevor Noah

"One page of the Bible isn't worth a life" -Wrabel

"If your religion requires you to hate someone; you need a new religion.”- Ricky Gervais

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing." - also Ricky Gervais

“Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.” -Suzanne Collins

I Sing A Song Of Sadness||Review for review

11
Golden light pours in through my window, coaxing me to start my day
I draw the curtains shut and go back to bed
There is no point in waking up
Sleeping hurts less, anyway

The smell of food invites me to indulge
My stomach churns and pushes me out of the kitchen
Weathered hands shake from malnutrition 
I can't remember my last full meal

Reading, writing, dancing, singing
Things I used to love
No more motivation, no more energy
All I sing now are my songs of sadness

• midnight.summerrose

This is just amazing!!! It’s so hauntingly beautiful!! :)

• happygiggles

replying- My apologies for interpreting it wrong, now that I read it again, I realize. Again, still a very beautiful and informative poem. (:

• happygiggles

A very eye-opening and informative poem. If I am correct, I believe this poem is about a person struggling with an eating disorder, which I think is very suitable to post at the current moment in time as sadly I have noticed that eating disorders are being glamourized all over different social media platforms. People need to open their eyes and see that eating disorders are not just looking small and politely declining a cupcake. Thank you for posting this, it is a very well written poem and I look forward to seeing what you will write in the future! (:

• sci-Fi

Review on the way!

• ~wildflower~

A lovely, sad poem, and a beautiful title!

• _lx

I think this poem is written very good but there are some grammatical things that I'd add such as more periods and commas at the end of connecting stanzas so I can know where one line stops and another begins. The descriptive language used to describe your sensory experiences are the highlight of this poem! There isn't much else that I think is necessary to change other than some grammatical issues but anyways, great job!