sci-Fi

Black and LGBTQ+ Lives Matter
Feminist

~pink~purple~blue~
Aries INFP-A
Fangirl ;D

irl bsf and WTW twins with that one rat from ratatoullie
go say hi to my library buddies mirkat BirdOfPrey SunV rosi willard and lochnessie!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 180!!! <3

Community Ambassador Alumni :D

PLEASE give book recs in comments!

Currently dating Percy Jackson ;)

Fantasy Facts about Fi: Gryffindor Hunter of Artemis Downworld-Warlock Daughter of Apollo Dauntless Sandwing District 7

Plz talk to me about: Hamilton, political views, mythology, Harry Potter, Marvel, the Riordanverse, music, fictional ships, you, & literally any TV show

Percabeth Solangelo Fierrochase Sizzy Jily Malec Snowbaz Hinny Spierfield Sukka Firstprince Shirbert Wolfstar Scoundress

ok I'll stop talking about myself now ;-;

Ruth | Guys, please read this. She's one of the most inspirational people in the world.

17
Hello Ruth.

You don't know me, but you know others who are like myself. You know the women who walk this earth, who suffer in silence, who pray for better. You know the women who stand up for themselves, who fight for equality. And you are one of those women.

When you were 21 you went to Harvard Law School. Already you were married, had a young daughter. You were one of less than ten women admitted to a class that previously only took men. You studied there for early four years, held your spot at the top of the class, even came to be the first woman to ever make it into the top 50 students. You balanced school, you daughter, your husband having cancer, and you did it all. But even so, when your husband graduated and you moved away from campus, they wouldn't give you a credit. After four and a half years at Harvard Law school, they wouldn't print it on your diploma.

Bet they regret that now.

After you graduated (officially from Columbia) you went on to be a professor, and lawyer, a mother, an activist. Roe v Wade, the legendary case for legal abortion? That was you, Ruth. Same with United States v. Virginia, and Obergefell v. Hodges. You are the reason our society is what it is today. You are the reason women aren't scared to follow their dreams anymore.

You were elected to the Supreme Court by President Barack Obama. In the footage, we can so clearly see the light in your eyes as you take your oath. You truly deserved it. The moment that Ruth Bader Ginsburg first sat in the supreme court judge's seat is a day that will be remembered forever. 

You continue to change lives, Ruth. Millions of women around the world know your speeches, read your books, strive to be just like you. Even I have a "Notorious RBG" t-shirt. Because I want to be just like you, Ruth. I want to change the world, like you did. I want to fight for my beliefs, like you did. You were, you still are, my inspiration. And if I am even slightly as amazing as you when I grow up, I will be the luckiest woman in the world.

I hope you rest easy, Ruth. For 87 years you fought for us, you never rested. You lost your husband ten years ago and you still did your duty. Now it's time for you to sleep.

Thank you, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. We will not forget you.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died at 87 today. I'm crying as I write this, because she was a hero to me, to everyone. She'd been sick for a while, but I'd hoped that she would live to see Trump out of office.
I can't vote, I'm too young. But I know that some people on here can. So when you cast your ballots, please, remember Ruth, and all she's done for us.

• Wisp

I learned about Ruth Bader Ginsburg 2 years ago in the 8th grade for a Supreme Court justice project, and she has stuck with me ever since. I’ve adored her forever, and when my cousin told me she died, I was heartbroken. She’s the embodiment of who women are, and I am utterly devastated by her death, but she has changed the world and her fights will always be a part of history. Thank you so much for writing this.

• Starflower

Thank you for writing this... I'm so sad, and our country has lost an icon. I wish I could vote, too, but we can do our best to encourage others to vote. Because of people like her and those she has inspired, I believe our world will slowly heal.
    Rest in peace, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

• Future Pseudonym

So moving. I'm not crying, you're crying.

I just saw this on the news! This is so sad! :(

I had no idea she died. My her soul rest in peace, and we shall forever honor her memory.

thank you for this :( this is beautiful... i am shocked by her death. <3

• Landofstories

OHMYGOSH thank you so much for writing this - I'm absolutely shocked by her death, she was such a strong figure. I looked up to her so I'm so happy you wrote this!

• Cosmogyral

I had no idea, thank you so much for sharing.