antizoeclub

she/they :)
capricorn sun
blm! acab!

we are the crossroads, my little outlaw

we tried to be perfect

8

we sat in a circle. we put our woes in the middle. congealed mass of hatred. it doesn't look as pretty once we've ripped it out of ourselves. this is something they forgot to tell us. the dead cannot bring the dead back to life. we sat and watched our pain tremble. terrified animal, caught in our headlights.
we walk around the town after, emptied of the putrid stink of reality. hollow-chested and bird-boned, we are too light for this world. you are sitting at the edge of the water, weighing your heart down with rocks. one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, cursing aphrodite every time. someone is begging the world to swallow him whole. perfection could not be more intolerable. 
take something and break it, quickly. get the job done and hurt me already. you'll be surprised at how easy it is. we must ruin something to stay alive. if you haven't learned that yet you will soon enough. look at the blank slate of body in the mirror and tell me you don't want all your scars back. there is something aching inside of you, and it does not feed on smiles and curtsies.
catch me before i go, we'll ruin each other. fragility is exhausting and i am the proof. soon we'll walk like the dead, drag ourselves through this place. drag hands through walls and leave the story of your life in plaster. a shattered film reel, fallen from the heavens, just as broken as any other. there is no life in this, the moviegoers will say. 
i make my offer one last time. hand me your heart and i will break it. you'll tell me you've never felt better.
don't worry. one day, through shattered lungs, you'll tell me you can hear your heartbeat again.

posting again today i think yes (also another slightly confessional poem... mayhaps.. idk it's based on some thoughts of mine)
and! thank u guys for 20 followers! ik it's not a lot but it feels like a nice warm welcome so :) <3

• September 18, 2020 - 2:22am (Now Viewing)

I second what spurtsofdarkness said—dude your writinh is insane. Wow. Seriously how do you only have twenty-something followers, you deserve so many more!!!! and this piece... im kind of just sitting here in awe... amazing.

• spurtsofdarkness

re: i'll get to it asap (still have a few pending promised reviews) and also thanks so much <3

• spurtsofdarkness

also can i please review this? (if you're looking for one, i mean)

• spurtsofdarkness

this is excellent dude, 'don't worry. one day, through shattered lungs, you'll tell me you can hear your heartbeat again.' broke me this is so gorgeous why do you have only twenty follows while people who practically write 8-liner diary entries *cough* *cough* enjoy fame?

• spurtsofdarkness

holy shit you have got to be the single best newcomer here what