birthdaycandles

Ireland

Just an 18 yr old aspiring to be something like a living, walking (and writing) hug.

Pfp is art by Vanessa Stockard <3

Things close to my heart:
God, my family + climate change

-Joined Sept 2019, active since March 2020-
prev. AutumnRain

"In the end I think you're gonna wish you loved yourself a lot more, and craved love from everybody else a lot less."
- a song I can't remember the name of

Current reads...
- Mrs Dalloway

A friendly reminder that your number of published pieces doesn’t define you as a writer. Some people work more quickly than others, and for some it takes time. Work at your own pace, you’re doing great.

#offlineoctober - I’m taking part in Offline October for suicide prevention, so I’m staying off all social media for the whole month! I’ll be donating to a local mental health charity when I complete it. I’d encourage anyone else who wants to take part to go for it!

aka. bloodcurdlingcackle (my spookified username by ghoulie hawthorne)

Words that rhyme with orange

18

Orange peel under fingernails
Sun kissed colour, soft details
A sour scent but sweet enough
Rubbing a thumb across the peel feels rough
Peel back epidermal cells, forensically
Why is this a flavour of jelly
S e g m e n t s fall apart
Juice drips from the autonomy of this orange heart

I don't like oranges :( blegh

In other news, if I hear another google classroom notification I might lose the plot :)

• September 17, 2020 - 3:09am (Now Viewing)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, thanks! Yes, it’s so good!!!! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wowza! This is such a creative one!

• Hanbanhandstand

Genius descriptions! I love the way you wrote it. :D

• sci-Fi

Re: Omg. You should DEFINITELY read Rick Riordan's books. They are pure gold.

• midnight.summerrose

Re: Thank you so much :)

• midnight.summerrose

This is amazing!! I love it!
    Can you comment what you think about my actual second draft please? :)

Ha ha, I don't like oranges either (or any other citrus fruit). However, this is a gorgeous description of the fruit.

• Anlee

replying: aww thx for the comment :)
    people just keep building houses on top of agricultural land *sigh*
    it's so funny that we wrote opposite poems about oranges XD but i still love yours

• ChocolateKiwi

This is an amazing piece!
    Replying: lol, thanks for you’re kind words!

• ek503

ahhh beautiful!! i love love how the rhyme sort of subtly came to my attention as i read. and that endingg! gorgeous.

Oh so lovely! I really like oranges, but that doesn't change how cool this piece is.

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

Replying: Aw, thanks for the kind comments and liking my pieces. <3 I really appreciate it. You're a superstar, too! Love ya! XD

ooh, i love this! <3 really wonderful poem!

"Juice drips from the autonomy of this orange heart" jhsdgfkjhd GIRL this is stunning!! i adore the shift from the softer, more sensory tone in the beginning to the more scientific kind of tone at the end! lovely work as always :)
    (also yeah haha idk what it is abt exams that magically cure's my writer's block)

• ~wildflower~

Replying: aww yay! I’m so happy that you liked the piece and it helped you. Oh no about the corona stuff! I really hope you’re ok, and your classmate as well. How are you going in Ireland with the virus? I had to do online school for five weeks, but it’s calmed down in my part of Australia and I’ve been back for a while now. I hated online school too. It’s so hard not being about to see actual people or ask teachers questions in person. I’m a major over-thinker, and I kept falling behind because I would spend too long on things and not have anyone around me to help me gauge where I should be up to. You would be in your final year/s of school right? That must make it especially hard for you too... Anyways, you’re not alone, online school sucks but hopefully it I’ll be over soon, and I’ll be thinking of you. After all, you can get through anything with a cup of tea and some avocado toast (the best food everrr), and I’m glad you’re feeling better. (Plus, you know what’s great about online school? You can eat whenever you want!)

• ~wildflower~

Wait, you are autumn rain??? Oh my, I thought you’d left!! Wow - that nice new person was you all along! I’m really happy that you’re still here :)
    This is a lovely little poem! It is so whimsical and has a lovely flow. Also, I really appreciate the friendly reminder in your bio. I worry too much about how many pieces I have and how much I write, and I really needed to hear that.