ek503

joined april 27, 2020
wasian

in case you were wondering, child's pose is a yoga thing. and yes, i wrote this because we did that in p.e. today.

it's getting harder to stretch out in child's pose

8

on some days, child’s pose comes naturally. / too naturally. / so naturally that when i scowl at my miniature limbs folding and resting in tandem, in harmony, / i catch my reflection in the mirror / and see immaturity throwing a tantrum back to my face. /

on other days, / the ones that fill my ears with my heart’s irregularity, / i find my limbs to be too large, too awkward / to crease and extend at my will. / they’ve outgrown parts of me and filled others to bursting. / these are the days when my eyelashes caress my cheek and i flail inside myself, / knocking on doors and begging for anyone, anyone / to tell me where i’m going. / (soon enough, i realize that there’s only one door, the door to my mouth, and i keep circling back to it.) / i can only remind myself of where i’ve been, and on these days, / that’s not nearly enough. /

it’s on these days / that i long to shrink / to the point where i can’t think. / it’s on these days / that i long to rhyme rhyme rhyme till no two words aren’t friends / rhyme rhyme rhyme till my heart breathes content. / it’s on these days that i wish i could spend the hours till dusk / just tracing the plaster on my wall and laughing when i find a face there. / it’s on these days / that i realize monotony / isn’t signing its letters with ‘love’ anymore. / 

monotony only meets me now wearing procrastination, me with my arms pinned open to the inevitable. / because darling, our arguments don’t stop time even if i beg. / (we used to be childhood friends. never again, never again. monotony grew bitter with me.) / and it’s only a matter of when that sugared boredom and unfiltered time that i try to steal back--

(forgive me, forgive me. / but should i know blame for reaching to reach behind? / after all, i can only remind myself of where i’ve been. / i say that this. this. this is the present, / but before the last ‘t’ in present has left my lips, it’s the past that takes the letter)  

--will unmask and unsweeten, tipping my chin up to plunge their hands down my throat, / tugging on worn arteries and pumping my weary heart / till its beating’s beating, whichever beating comes first, / fills my ears once more. /

"these are the days when my eyelashes caress my cheek and i flail inside myself, / knocking on doors and begging for anyone, anyone / to tell me where i’m going"
    "this. this is the present, / but before the last ‘t’ in present has left my lips, it’s the past that takes the letter"
    Ohhhhh my...
    This is insane. Wow. I.... wow! Im gonna need to go read this about a hundred more times before I'll be satisfied... woah. This is so good! Wow. So. Good. !!! <3

" i say that this. this. this is the present, / but before the last ‘t’ in present has left my lips, it’s the past that takes the letter) " *faints*

BUT FR THOUGH HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE A HUNDRED FOLLOWERS ALREADY LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE GODDAMNIT

Honestly when are you gonna get your billion followers already

• BlueWolf

Just wow!!!!! This was amazing and so much more!!!! It was soooo beautiful and deep. I like how it progressed each paragraph diving deeper into the concept. I am SPEECHLESS!!! Amazing as always!!! ;)