madeline3.14159

15
Math Enthusiast
Ballet Dancer
Reader
Writer
Pianist
Baker
Hoosier
Friend
Homeschooler(Currently)
ENFP

Brandon Sanderson, Jennifer Nielson, Shannon Messenger, Patrick Rothfuss, Michael J. Sullivan

Joined 8-19-2020

Yes I did just change my profile, I can't decide what I want it to be...

WtW twin to the amazing Zoe N. Go check her out!!

Older sister to Figwitlives!! Go check her out too :)

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write."
-Martin Luther

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
-Brandon Sanderson (Stormlight Archive)

If you want a review on any of your pieces, just comment a link on one of mine and I will get to it ASAP :)

Mixed Reactions

6
"Ew, I hate writing." 
"I guess that's good for you."
"I'm just too lazy."

These are all responses I have gotten after telling people that I like to write. It's almost like I'm that one kid at school who has the weird hobbies. Most of the time, people seem disgusted or the just don't care.  I've just about stopped telling my friends that I write when they ask what has kept me busy all summer. 

Why do I have to feel afraid that people are going to judge me just because I like to write. If I said that I am a volleyball player that would probably just make me more popular. Why the difference? 

That's why I seek community here. A place where we are all united by the same thing. I love to write things and a desire to get better. Sometimes I pretend that you guys are people I know from my regular life, people who have all been treated the same way as. You don't share about the site for the same reason I don't. You don't want to get judged. Someday maybe you will reveal yourself and we will be able to bond through this. 

But deep down I know that isn't true. Half of you guys don't even live in the same country as me. But I still want to meet you someday. I still want to find a time to actually smile face to face instead of through similes and metaphors. I want to see the eyes of my friends who only exist in my heads. 

But in the meantime, thanks for not judging me for liking to write. Thanks for all the sweet comments or harsh criticism. I appreciate it all.  
But seriously. The community here is great!! I've only known you guys for a while but you are always so encouraging and sweet :) <3

oh this is so good and so relatable!!

• Zoe N

Re: Yeah XD

• journal.scribbles

Aw I wish I could meet you and the other WtWers irl too! I haven't told my family and friends about this site either, and it's probably for the same reason as you. You're not alone, and thanks for being an amazing member of this community! :)

Aw it feels like we've known you forever too! Luv your writing :)

• Zoe N

Yeah... That's what has happened to me in the past when I have told people I like to write. Yeah, I totally agree with this :)