Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

14
Love to read!
straight
INFJ-A/INFJ-T~an Advocate
Love everyone(yes, that includes you, too!) <3
aka Coolgirl2020
Please save the planet!
"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water."
-W.H. Auden

THIS PIECE IS DEDICATED TO LANDOFSTORIES FOR THE AMAZINGLY HELPFUL REVIEW! <3

Intelligence

12
Intelligence
is something
you're
b
 o
   r
    n
with.
Genetics
are out of our
c
    o
        n
            t
                r
                    o
                        l.
But intelligence
is also something
you
e
 a
  r
   n.
Hard workers
always
    w
        i
            n.
Being born
smart
isn't always
a good thing.
People always
come to you
for 
a
    n
        s
            w
                e
                    r
                        s.
If you're wrong,
you feel like
you've let them
d
 o
  w
   n.
I'm always
anxious of
f
 a
   i
    l
     u
       r
        e.
Not of failing
a test,
but of failing
to meet
e
 x
  p
   e
    c
     t
      a
       t
        i
         o
           n
             s.
I have smart
parents.
I go to
a good school.
But I worked
hard to get
where I am.
I used to not care,
and sure,
I still got A's.
Now,
I work hard
and I get 100's.
But I'm
w
    e
        a
            k
                -
                    w
                        i
                            l
                                l
                                    e
                                        d.
I can't
say
n
    o.
So when 
people ask me
for help,
I put them
f
    i
        r
            s
                t.
Because I fear
if I don't
help them, 
they will
r
 e
  j
   e
    c
     t 
me.
So for all those
out there
who say I
have it all,
I don't.
Sorry, that turned out to be quite long! Anyway, I'm not trying to be conceited here or anything; I'm just saying that I worked hard here to get where I am, and I don't like it when people say, "Oh, it's because you are half Chinese. Chinese people are smart" or "Oh, you were born this way."
I was born with good opportunity, but I decided to take advantage of it, and that's why I'm where I am today.
Also, being intelligent can be hard sometimes. You're always afraid of disappointing people because they expect you to be perfect and be first in everything. People always come to you for help, and I'm too weak-willed to say no, so I end up turning my assignments in late because I'm busy helping other people.
And last, you never know when someone is just using you. I really have a problem with that because I like to think the best of people, but I've realized that I'm extremely vulnerable to all the manipulators and people who want to use me, so I'm trying to learn not to be naive.

1

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Re : Thank you XD I am LMAO right now.

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Just what I needed, thank you! I’ll update you as I work on it. Might take a while, between school and all, so bare with me xD

• Just_A_Memory

Re: I’m not sure, I have an email I could send it to you from. The end result may not be good, but I’ll do my best xD I don’t really have social media, so I don’t know how else to show you... it’s up to you though! Also: if you could send me a description of the characters.

P.s. I’m on prose too, and the private messaging system is awesome on there. I know Crazy ninja kid and I emailed stuff on their via that, if you’d prefer

• Just_A_Memory

Re: My goodness I would totally love to! <3 In fact, I'm going to go do that right now. Probably your 8 people to go series will be first :D

-JAM <3 <3 <3

• CAT with a SOWRD

I like this

• Landofstories

re: exactly. sidenote: did you watch the presidential debate?

• Landofstories

re: lmao oof. I thought so - here where I live, case numbers are starting to pick up and people from school (Teachers and students both) are getting tested with covid with tbh is kinda expected. that's happening at my school too from what my friends have told me. i mean here for example people still go out without masks to see each other, so i dont think it makes such a difference lol while i'm stuck inside because of my mom (though id rather be safe lol)

• Landofstories

re: understandable lol. oh lol, mine only has been going on for two weeks. my board is LACKING lmao. tho i would agree with you it kinda sucks, because it's super boring and i literally know NO ONE. *crying emoji* what's your school like - are masks like scarily enforced?

• Landofstories

re: lmao, dw it's not, it's understandable. good thing you'll be stuck there for another few years lol. are you going irl or online(tho that's kinda lacking in experiences lol) ? I'm doing online, and I only have two classes during the day which are each an hour-long, while my friends have to sit at school for 6 hrs while I literally just take naps all day lmao.

• Landofstories

re: thank you<3 LMAO why do you say that tho? truly tho, BIG MOOD. lol.

• Landofstories

re: ofc! I'm great. I'm moving which is kind of stressing me out, but other than that it's going pretty good! My online school has finally started too, so I'm super relieved about that. wbu, anything interesting going on in your life? thanks for asking as well! <3

• Landofstories

re: ahhhhhh thank you so much!<3 btw how are you?

• Rohan’s Defender

This is so good!! How’re you, coolgirl?

• Landofstories

AHHHH I LOVE THIS!!! stunning *chef's kiss* also I didn't think you'd actually dedicate it to me lmao.

• Chloe :) <3

Re: Please give this a read?

Re- Your comment was the frist one i read this morning and it litteraly made me smile so big! You are the sweetest! Thank you so much :)

Re- aww thank you so much for your comment! I was feeling so down when writing that:( like bruh why do I look so ugly but thanks for cheering me up! :)
    and about this..I really like how you formatted it.. it's so cool and yes and yes everything you wrote in your footnotes is so fricken true.

• Chloe :) <3

Re: Your message meant a lot! Will try to be more active and write something soon! Any suggestions?

Re: Oh yeah that makes sense I'll do that lol

re: actually, I'm homeschooled, so it's usually people at work and some public schoolers who presume that anybody black or Latina naturally gets low grades. Drives me a little crazy but I try not to let it bother me because I don't define myself by other people's opinions.

I absolutely agree and connect with this! I also am considered very intelligent by the academic system because I got high SAT scores, but I have the opposite problem with expectations: because I am Latina everyone expects me to be stupid and lazy at school so they are shocked when they find out I actually get good grades. Interesting to get this from another perspective; and it's honestly quite true—genes only get you so far, hard work takes you the rest of the way.

• katnissromanoff

I really enjoy reading your poems and I love this one! :)

• Tayyaba

That's actually true no matter how intelligent one is u will always need to work hard if you want to achieve things in life.