Cosmogyral

i never wanted aottsisfts to be romantic

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

7
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

VI.
 my stars, i ask not forgiveness
the same to you, as you need not know my name.
     so sit in the sky, and fall with the dawn
so that i may bring twilight to you.

What did you think when you read that? Just tell me, please, even if it was an unintelligible image that flashed across your mind for the briefest second.

• Minvra

The stars you're describing is people. The people you've encountered? No, anyone. Encountered or not.
    "Need not know my name" and neither sides needing to ask for forgiveness sounds unconditional.
    "Fall with dawn" kind of sounds like a part of a cycle, a night that starts the day and day starts a night which starts another day.

And "sit in the Sky" sounds like to wait for the narrator. "Keep going, so I'll be there to bring "twilight" your comfort or company to them." Is what I'm getting. "I don't care the sins you've committed nor mine," is kind of what I'm also getting.

• journal.scribbles

Hmm... this made me think of someone chasing a distant dream and thinking back at all of their sacrifices. They're thinking about why they started chasing it in the first place. Idk, that probably doesn't make sense. It's a beautiful poem that could be interpreted in so many different ways!

• ~The Rain Glows Too~

Fall with the dawn stood out to me. As with all cycles things will be temporary, night seems to be a reference to unconscious and private things that the darkness shields from others eyes. The night always feels so personal, and intimate when you share it with anyone else. This stood out to me as a “for now, not forever” piece, and the question I found invisibly at the bottom was whether or not I would ever see and or be with, “my star” again.
    P.S. I really love your bio.
    P.P.S. This reminded me of the song “Oblivion“ by Grimes.

I thought of an old man with a long white beard, staring out at the stars and just kind of smiling. It reminded me of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (the chronicles of Narnia) on the island at the beginning of the end of the world.
    Great piece!! <3

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Have you ever see those time lapses of the stars in Alaska, where you can see the earth turning because it looks like ever star sets over the horizon? A billions sunsets lost to the dark? They make me dizzy and this reminded me of that.