erin!

叶安灵 // 15, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey

damn this is angsty but no worries it's not first person.

love you all and thank you for 80 that is so crazy i am sending hugs to each of you

ballads in the morning

13

Out of control, out of mind. It is too easy for the innocents to get caught up in tying knots with string that gets pulled out from under them anyway. The teenager watches the sunrise because she stayed up all night to think. It doesn’t feel like a rebirth, more so a continuation of the dread that has sat on her shoulders for who-knows-how-long.

She’s in class, but hasn’t learned a thing. She’s busy staring at someone who likely hasn’t thought of her once today. That makes it all the more heartbreaking, a suffering she can never discuss because the bloodshed was in her mind. The tragedy never touched the fabric of real life.

Beautiful people sometimes get caught up doing ugly things, thinking ugly thoughts. It’s not a phase, but it’s a state of mind. It’s so much pain and so much that she can’t tell her parents. It bottles and pressurizes and feels worse with every inhale.

It’s not complicated. She wants to fall in love and laugh until her stomach hurts and feel real feelings for a change. She just wants to knows why 16 isn’t anything like the movies.

• bellairet

Unapologetically angsty lol I love it!
    "Beautiful people sometimes get caught up doing ugly things, thinking ugly thoughts. It’s not a phase, but it’s a state of mind." Simple, but so true, seeing it written is great. That last line is perfect too!

• Anlee

wow i really need to catch up on your work i took too long of a break
    your writing style is so charming <33

Apparently we're all less unique than we thought because I relate too. Especially that last line lol. "Maybe we're all living parallel heartbreaks" (I wrote that but can't for the life of me remember when).

• Doodleninja

Okay, one, LOVE the angst. Two, how did you just put my very life into words? XD i related to everything here, and you use such beautiful punchy one-liners to describe this melancholic feeling. Every single line is my favorite. Magnificent writing here!