Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
current read: the goldfinch
published writer + linguistics lover.
an aspiring novelist & a classics enthusiast.

short proses 'cause the one-liners on my notes app aren't corresponding

i h y

18

i haven't seen the stars in forever; no, not since we ripped them from the heavens, for you to sew together into the lace gloves i wore every night i thought of you; it seems, i haven't thought ouf you in forever.

irony, the art of moving on; do you think heartbreak is the end or peak of our golden hour?; that span of our life when we feel for the briefest moment of our existence, that we're worth more than what they've given us.

how come i once confessed every truth that created me, but now i can barely seem to recall the sound of your heartbeat?; shouldn't i remember there was more than your looks that made me fall in love with you?; it all seems like a fading dream, and i rarely reach to remember them anymore.

how did bathing ourselves in the sun's rays while kissing on the beach every sunday, turn to me volunteering at the shelter with my best friend on saturdays?; i was far too young to realize it then, but maturity came to smiling at the end of every day; perhaps, by night i shouldn't be crying or worrying about what someone else to say.

you weren't my beginning, nor will you be my ending, you were simply the ing; the acting phase of my life where i was trying to decide everything, learning that sometimes you have to just keep going and it's okay to not be okay; like moving on, was okay.

you were cute, back when i thought boys would be my ruin; but i need me more than i want someone else who's charming when he's commanding; and perhaps one day i'll find a man, something you always wanted to be, but if i die alone, at least it'll be easy leaving.
title is based on a comment from lovely, sweetheart ek503, who i believe to definitely be an underrated writer. her style is soft poetry and reflection, meaning it doesn't fully hit until the end and then you see it's brilliance. so mini shout out to you love !

1

• lochnessie

this is so beautiful, and also strangely relatable, and just so SO very good.
    in AWE :0

• dovetrees

so GORGEOUS! "no, not since we ripped them from the heavens" this is such beautiful imagery, i wish i could create stunning pictures like this -- so much talent!

• ek503

GAHH THANK YOU with all of my soft mushy hearttt (I saw the title and had a mini heart attack, hence the increased mushiness of it today <3)
    but this piece is seriously beautiful!! i was captivated once i saw "i haven't seen the stars in forever; no, not since we ripped them from the heavens". and "you weren't my beginning, nor will you be my ending, you were simply the ing" !! gorgeous. my little midnight acronym (and a useless one till now since i forgot what half-asleep-me wanted it to mean) has found a far better home now, thanks to you <33

i am SO here for the ek appreciation in the footnotes

This is so beautiful! i love how delicate it is--it seems to me that the words themselves are smiling down at me. wonderful piece! also, ek503's writing is, like you said, underrated for how amazing it is!
    I love this! <3