Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

9
 THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

V. if i could, i'd get you the moon
but you, too, wished to pluck a star from the sky

What did you think when you read that? Just tell me, please, even if it was an unintelligible image that flashed across your mind for the briefest second.
 (Trying to make up for the fact that I hit this site with a one-liner this morning and just went to school like that)

• Minvra

I honestly can't tell what the star represents. It's obvious the meaning of "stars" in your poems are very fluid like water.

I kinda felt like a huge giant plucking a star out of the sky, that's at shoulder length. Like they don't even need to reach it. Then another figure is like so many meters down under the full moon reaching over to the moon.

Now I think about it, the star could be the warmth of a relationship. "I would get you this pretty intimate and vulnerable me (like yin being the night, serene, and internal) but you plucked the star of my reason to do it" because a star is very hot. You'd freeze to death without a star (sun).

ooh yeah... :) i definitely see how that could remind you of this! <3

• JustAnotherDarling

oh gosh my reactions are all weird but whatever...HERE WE GO: I imagined the stars, but then they become flowers and I thought about that thing when a person picks petals off a flower, one-by-one, saying the whole "she/he loves me, she/he loves me not"

• Cosmogyral

I can totally see that analogy, thanks.

• hi i'm jackson ;)

wowza... maybe a feather falling? like icarus!! icarus vibes. like Daedalus talking? to icarus? idk working through thoughts as i type lol