Zoe N

American
Canadian
Pisces
She/Her
Homeschooler
Writer
Cook
Baker
Cellist
Ballet Dancer
Bibliophile
Fly-Fisher
Pianist
Artist

WtW twin sister to the amazing writer madeline3.14159 Go check out her work!!!!

If you want a review just ask! And I will get to it as soon as possible :)

Thank you for every comment, even though I cannot reply to every single one, I appreciate all of them and it means a lot to me <3

"One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world."
-Malala Yousafzai

I turn my unshed tears into raindrops of hope.

22
"Hello? Are you there?" A box pops up on my phone screen, my best friend's name on it.
I click on it and reply: "Yep. What's up"
"My mom has cancer"
I freeze. I know she isn't joking because well... that isn't something you joke about. I don't know what to say, so I just stare at my screen, leaving her on read.
I feel confused. This, this wasn't supposed to happen. This situation is always something that happens to someone else, you never think it could be you... until it is. 
Finally, after what seems like forever, I type a reply, not really knowing what to say. 
"I'm sorry, I'm here for you if you need me."
That reply didn't seem quite right but it was the only thing that came to mind. I guess there isn't really a "right thing to say" in a situation like that. 
She replied quickly, "Thanks :)))"
Despite her attempt to convince me that she is fine, I can almost feel her pain radiating out of my screen. 
I know that she will never be the same again, her carefree joy and happiness will never quite return for years to come. From now on, the feeling of a weight against your heart that makes you feel like you're suffocating will be with her. I feel like crying, I had never wished that feeling on anyone, after feeling it myself, I didn't want anyone else to experience it, but I guess I couldn't stop this from happening. 
I don't know what to say, I keep hoping that she will say something but she doesn't. I can see that we are both just staring at the messages but neither of us speaks. 
So with steadfast determination, I turn my unshed tears into raindrops of hope. 
This situation is sadly true. This conversation happened over a year ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. 
Please pray for my friends family and everyone else that is fighting cancer. 

• LindytheRavenclaw

praying for them all <3

• catlover101

i will be praying for them bcoz i have faith that jesus can get your friend and her family through this <3

• ava09

this really hit home because i've experienced this exact situation, except i was the friend (my mom's cancer free now though thankfully). sending hugs to you and your friend - i know how much it sucks especially pretending you're okay when you're sometimes really not. i sincerely hope your friend's mom gets better soon. <3

• Jasmine khawar

I...I just, felt it! It's so painful, I felt my heart beating faster! Sending all my prayers and love <3

"This situation is always something that happens to someone else, you never think it could be you... until it is" oh my gosh, so true!

• Book Kitten

Amazing short story!
    I am new to this website and I have been looking at the stories. So far this has been the most moving one!
    I could almost feel the emotions going on in the characters!
    Very well written.
    If there was a way to give this stars I would give it 5.

I will pray for your friend.

• Coolgirl2020

Praying for you right now and I send my love (if it helps). *virtual hug* I can relate because my grandmother died from cancer, and I know that it never stops hurting, but I hope that you'll let us, your supporters, do our job and support you. And please tell your friend that we'll be praying for her and her mother. :)

I've been on the other end of this conversation, and I want to assure you that what you said is good. She's just as unsure about this whole thing as you are, but I know she's glad that you're there. I'll be praying for everyone involved. <3

• midnight.summerrose

*your

• midnight.summerrose

Sending prayers to you, hope you're ok. It's so beautifully written though!! The emotion radiates off it!!
    Re: I'm currently re-writing my next draft. You're comments were so helpful. I will do a longer thank you later, I'm going to write it first though!! :)

• Rachaelgrace

I'm so sorry! This is so sad and well written. Gorgeous

• madeline3.14159

So many prayers!!! This is such a hard situation thanks for sharing<3

• Abby.a

Im so sorry. Im sending my love to you and your friend, and everyone else struggling.