Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

6
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

IV. I Lost a friend

What did you think when you read this? Just tell me, please, even if it was an unintelligible image that flashed across your mind for the briefest second.

• September 15, 2020 - 7:28am (Now Viewing)

• Minvra

I like how short the words are. It's so simple but it isn't. It can apply to different meanings, like if you lost a lover who was your friend, then you lost both. Or literally losing one or a part of you that is a friend died or is lost. It's so simple but when put into thought, with the shortness, you can't help thinking about it.

• ~The Rain Glows Too~

This initially just reminded me of a tragedy I hadn’t drudged up recently... but after that, I thought about Lost being capitalized, like it’s almost as important as “I” or that this experience makes up a lot of who they are.

woah... when I read this, I immediately thought of navy blue and death and cracked gravestones... maybe im a little more morbid than I thought! Really excellent line <3

• Cici'sTimes

I imagined a cliff over a raging sea. One person was hanging off holding into another person slowly they began to lose their grip to on another and one fell to the sea.

• doodleninja

my mind immediately assumed "death" so I guess I imagined a funeral scene of sorts, gravestone, flowers, a poem about grief and unexpected loss.