Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! I always want to hear ways to improve! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-30 here:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/218916/versions/457602

On The High Seas (finished)
heartbreak series (finished)
Unlikely Hero (finished)

My friend (irl) chasing sunsets has an AMAZING series titled: A World Of Our Own.

Yellav Tigaks

Snakes of water run through this land. The trees dip down into open fields full of red and yellow bulbs, which burst open as the sun warms them. This dip in the ground is low compared to the rocks that rise up all around it. Shining flats of undrinkable water surround this area, broken only by scattered rocks and trees that jut out. Strange, furry heads peek out from the weeds that litter this water. Arched, finned fish jump from the rippling waves. Rounded rocks, contrasting the jagged cliffs, scatter over the strips of land that touch both grass and sea. The sky seemed so clear and fresh. It was often clouded by rain heavy carriers, but now, it seemed new. That was the first time we saw this new land. The second time, you wouldn't recognize it. 

Looking closer, the water that twisted through the trees is full of rocks and logs. Bulbs of color don't bloom all the time. The fields they once inhabited are bare and empty. The cliffs that seemed to reach the sky are clouded by grays and reds. You can't see the salty planes of water anymore. They are covered in a film of smoke. The animals that played in this Sound are invisible. Only the birds fleeing from fire are seen. The smoke rises up, hiding the sun and clear blue from view. It fills the land with a smell of fear. This land is burning. Will it be the same afterward?

First off, thank you AbbyMayHampson for making this prompt! It is so amazing! 
Second, while writing this I was just going to leave it at the first stanza (or whatever it's called). That is the description of the home that I love. But at the moment, we are affected by the smoke from the CA and Eastern WA wildfires. I tried to incorporate the "flaws" of the valley because it looks so different right now.  
Thanks for reading!

• Rachaelgrace

Fantastic work!

• RemovedUser1

This is great! I love it! I love how you encompass both the beauty and now the destruction that’s happening. Congrats on Wednesday Words!! Great job!!

• lochnessie

congrats on the feature, this is amazing! wowowow

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is AMAZING!! Congrats on the feature, Jade! You deserve it! Also, I love your profile!!!! Did you draw this one too? And I’m headed over to say hi to your sis right now!! :)

Congrats on getting featured! This is great :DD

This is amazing! Congrats on being featured!! I love this piece and you're reading voice (it's so smooth and warm).

Wow. Beautiful <3 congrats on Wednesday words!

• JustAnotherDarling

AAAAHHHHH!!! CONGRATS ON WEDNESDAY WORDS!!!!! I totally loved this piece and I'm so glad it was recognized :)))

• AbellePuppy34

Congratulations! Keep writing! I was so intimidated by this prompt that I didn't ever do it, but I'm proud of you for trying and succeeding!

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONGRATS ON WEDNESDAY WORDS! lol I want to be on one but I don't write nearly enough so Congrats! *confetti*

• sci-Fi

Congrats on Wednesday Words! This piece is AMAZING.

• aiyanna

Yes, those fires have been devastating. The way you spoke of how beautiful the land normally is, and juxtaposing it to how it is now, made a really big impact. I hope it will be able to recover.
    By the way, thanks for the compliment on my poem! I really appreciate it.

• JustAnotherDarling

me, as i listen to you enjoying being a local close to tULIPS!!! *cries in Georgia where the sun is so hot that i'm afraid to step out*
    okay, but the second it's safe to step outside, you bet i'm coming to witness the tulip fields firsthand - even if i'll become one the tourists who contribute to the horrid traffic lol

• JustAnotherDarling

I searched up the valley because I didn't recognize the name and OH NO WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL TULIPS?! "That was the first time we saw this new land. The second time, you wouldn't recognize it." Can you hear my heart breaking? Of course, I've been reading the news, but every piece I read about it, about my friends' first-hand accounts of this disaster hurts me deeply. I send my love and prayers your way... stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy <3