katnissromanoff

Aspiring actress and writer
ENFP-T
Theater and movie nerd

"Thank you for your consideration." - Katniss Everdeen

"I get emails from a raccoon. So, nothing sounds crazy anymore." - Natasha Romanoff

Hello! I love acting, singing, performing, and obviously writing. I love any books in the historical fiction and mystery genres and some dystopian (well I mean I'm open to any genre). As for movies and shows, I'll really watch anything with romance, comedy, drama, or action.

I constantly start stories, though I rarely finish them.

Currently reading Breathe by Sarah Crossan and Hamilton and Peggy by L.M. Elliot, but I'm always open to book suggestions!

Hope you're having a great day :)

Hard to Forget

I tried to block the day out of my mind. The attempts were useless. The screams of people haunted me. They played over and over, never stopping.
    The buttons on my dress were incredibly difficult to reach, though I found a way to. Sooner than later, I was ready to leave our home and head into the city where multiple others were gathering. Marianne took my hand on guided me to the car; my eyes were too fogged by tears to be able to navigate there on my own.
      "Do you remember it?" I questioned Marianne. She had only been three years old so I doubted that she remembered it vividly.
    "I remember the cold water. I have a very clear memory of sticking my finger in the water when we were in the lifeboat. It was horrific, the experience of it. I thought that my finger had frozen. Other than that, I just have vague memories that have been brought back from looking at pictures. I'm sure you remember it well, Charlotte."
    "I do," I muttered.
    Suddenly, I was there. On the ship, the ship of dreams, as most called it. I could see Edward and Elizabeth laughing at someone's dog. They were so judgmental, those two. And they weren't quiet about their opinions either. Elizabeth walked up to the person walking the dog and gave an insult, a very harsh one, I must say. Edward was practically on the floor laughing at Elizabeth's comment. I laughed, though in a very ladylike way, for I had no intention of ruining my reputation. 
    Edward and Elizabeth Watson had been twins. They were not much younger than me, only by a month or two. We had been best of friends since we were toddlers and they were like siblings to me. I had always envied Elizabeth's golden hair that caught the light so perfectly no matter what angle she was at and Edward's ability to make the best of every situation.
    Then the memory I had been trying so hard to forget played in my mind. I was on the deck of the ship, panicking like everyone else at that time. Being a young fifteen-year-old woman, I was able to get onto a lifeboat. As they lowered me down into the cold dark sea, I cried. I cried more tears than I had ever imagined I could cry. I saw Edward and Elizabeth still on the ship. I hadn't seen them since that day which led me to believe that they hadn't been as fortunate. All of the memories I had made the past few days. All of the people that I had met. Everyone on that ship had their lives change forever. 
    "Lottie?" Marianne tapped my shoulder and I returned to reality. It was April 15, 1922, the tenth anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic.
    "Sorry, I was just thinking," I told her.
    "It's fine." She put her arms around me as I cried. She starting crying too but kept me above her sadness at that moment. Marianne was always like that. Always putting others before herself, which was one of the many traits of hers that I wished I had. 
    We arrived at the anniversary gathering. I stepped out of the car with Marianne still guiding me, though I could see better now. I looked around at the people who had gathered there. Most were older than me, though I saw a few boys who looked around Marianne's age.
    "Do you see anyone you recognize?" Marianne spoke.
    "Um," I hesitated and scanned the faces. "I think that's Lord and Lady Christopher Turner if I remember correctly." I pointed to a woman dripping with jewels and a man with the cleanest white shirt that I had ever seen.
    "They look rich," Marianne commented and I giggled. She then started laughing, too. Then our mother gave us a stern look and we both stopped. I hadn't even realized she was here with us. She must have taken a different car.
    "Girls, I would like you to meet Mrs. Katherine Eleanor Kingston. Her husband and son died on the ship," my mother said mournfully. 
    "It's very nice to meet you," I greeted Mrs. Katherine Eleanor Kingston. 
    "Enchanté," Marianne then greeted, showing off her French. Ms. Kingston looked impressed.
    "It's nice to meet you both as well. I am so sorry to hear about your father," she remarked. I blankly stared at her. No one really talked about that. Ever. 
    "Yes, I'm so sorry to hear about your family as well," Marianne quickly saved me. She was always so calm in situations, another trait of hers that I was jealous of. Marianne continued to make small talk with Mrs. Kinsgton and my mother started talking to me.
    "I know this is hard for you," she said. "Losing Elizabeth and Edward was truly tragic and I am proud of you for still coming today to remember the loss of that day."
    I was pleasantly surprised by what she told me. I had expected her to tell me that my corset was too loose or I needed to be more like Marianne. I was always told those things. "Thank you," was all I could say. 
    More people continued to arrive, mostly rich people who had been first-class passengers on the ship like us. One woman, I would guess that she was twenty-five like me, looked stunning in her black gown and short veil. The woman's blonde hair sparkled in the little sunlight that was showing from behind the clouds. I started to walk towards Marianne and Mrs. Kingston.
    "Charlotte Cooke," I heard someone say, "is that you?" I saw it was the blonde girl staring at me. 
    "Elizabeth?"

I'm really late.... But this is amazing! I literally couldn't take my eyes off it! It might not help you now that the competition's closed, but I'll try to get a review in by the end of tomorrow. Once again, love it!

• alwayswriting

I love it!!! I literally couldn't stop reading:)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! I’m so happy you liked it! :)

• katnissromanoff

Thanks so much and I am planning writing a backstory about her time on the ship and I will include an epilogue continuing and elaborating on this! :)

• Lorelie

You're planning on continuing it right? It's amazing!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Just submitted it! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Alright, will review either today or tomorrow. :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Would you like a review on this or is it too late?

oh! One bit of feedback. Idk your word count but if you have room here's a small suggestion. Whenever I think of titanic sinking the fact that stays in my mind is the band/orchestra that never stopped playing while it sank. I think it'd be awesome if you used that fact/simile at the beginning.
    "The screams of people haunted me. They played over and over, never stopping, just like the musicians until the water forced them too."
    Or something like that. Just a suggestion tho! Not needed AT ALL. this is a great piece ;)

oh wow! This is so good!! The edits you've made make a big difference!! good luck in the comp!

• Rohan’s Defender

Also, I’m so happy you picked up on the subtleties! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: AWESOME! Thank you! YESSSS, I LOVEEE PEETA!! He’s amazing (sorry, I get a little carried away....... he’s my favorite book character probably of all time. And that’s saying something!)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Wow! Amazing job! Also, WELCOME TO WTW! <3 We're so happy to have you here!

• madeline3.14159

Wow!! I love this. I'm excited to see more of your work on WtW!!! My name's Madeline and if you have any questions feel free to comment on any of my work. :)