sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

i have discovered something.

8
I have discovered something.

Well, a few things.

Here they are:

1) Dreams barely ever come true, and mine probably won't.

2) Writing is a blade you have to sharpen to perfection, and not everyone gets there.

3) I'm never going to get everything I want, and if I if I do it won't be easy to get.

I've also learned...

1) Happiness comes from little things, not big accomplishments.

2) ​You can't force words onto a page, you simply have to listen to yourself and you will be satisfied.

3) Things people want are just the objectified forms of what really make people happy, and in the end everyone is. 

That's all. Thanks for reading

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Beautiful. Simple, yet so full of truth. Terrific job! :)

• ~madeline~

Wow this is so insightful!!! Also, you should read Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson. Unless you're not interested in starting a long series, then you should read Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielson.

• ~Zoe~

Re: Yes! Thank you for agreeing. Humans have to stop thinking they are above everything else in this world, just because we are the most intelligent species doesn't mean we are above everything else.

This is actually so true! This one I think was the most truthful one to me: "1) Happiness comes from little things, not big accomplishments."

• Huba Huba

I love number one from "I've also learned"
    I totally agree. I may be proud of myself if I accomplish something huge, but I'm happy when my family surprises me on my birthday, or when my friends help me out of sticky situations.