antizoeclub

she/her :)
capricorn sun
blm! acab!

message board quote by richard siken <3

your body told me in a dream it's not afraid of anything.

is this the end?

7

there is no armor in this story. there is no battlefield.
meet me at the end of everything. i suppose it's a deal. 
i have a strange feeling i am not going home. she is clutching at her fingertips, and i am clutching at her clutching.
clutching at nothing, or so she calls herself. i never believed this.
the sun burns through the sky. there is no armor in this story.
we do nothing and the sun singes our skin. icarus weeps, a rainfall in his name. this does not help us. not now.
walk through the final act red and raw. i am sure we know the feeling.
the world watches itself burn. there is always performance somewhere. stars swimming like fish, fish not swimming.
grab the knife and twist. do it. sink the moon in the creek. feed the town with celestial light. i have always envied her, but the chill of the water turns me away. moonlight streams through it all. fish not swimming.
striking matches on riverbanks and watching the sand devour the pinpricks of flame. light and light. it is all that is left now, anyway.
have the necessary revelations and then come back to me. find out what we will need in this life and then pass it on. empty your briefcase full of woes, carry something useful. 
i am already falling out of myself. flesh out of flesh. stars from tongue. leave my heart somewhere among the stones. 
someone will find it. someone will find something. someone will remain: i am telling myself these things.
turn yourself upside down and shake. stars, stars. the world falls from your pockets. you never gave it to me, anyway. 
someone is watching me cry through their telescope. here, a show. sure. i am consumable.
lonely poets on the riverbank. they think they wish they were us. we laugh at this. turn your gaze to the star sailors, forming constellations just to wish us goodbye. the heat of the night will swallow them whole. laugh and laugh. 
 i am jumping out of my skin, abandoning my bones. pulling starlight from flesh. they cannot see me if i am only soul.
walk off the face of the earth and meet me here. meet me at the end of everything. 
we watch the sky and hope that it falls, so that we can be everything and nothing at once. it is our final performance, after all. make it something grand.

idk about this one i just kinda... dumped my brain on the page?? definitely imagine an apocalyptic scene, if you will. a bit on-the-nose considering everything, i guess, but i couldn't resist :) 

"lonely poets on the riverbank. they think they wish they were us. we laugh at this. turn your gaze to the star sailors, forming constellations just to wish us goodbye. the heat of the night will swallow them whole. laugh and laugh." im a lil bit in love w this

• Dmoral

man, i'm in love with your poetry & proses you don't even under-stan

• ek503

"the sun burns through the sky. there is no armor in this story."
    "do it. sink the moon in the creek"
    "here, a show. sure. i am consumable."
    " i am jumping out of my skin, abandoning my bones. pulling starlight from flesh. they cannot see me if i am only soul."
    "it is our final performance, after all. make it something grand."
    gahhhh i love the overall tone of this piece. the short, clipped sentences sprinkled throughout are perfect. asdjfahskd beautiful!!

woah... i am awed and inspired by your words <3 you're such an amazing poet, seriously!
    "the world watches itself burn. there is always performance somewhere. stars swimming like fish, fish not swimming.
    grab the knife and twist. do it. sink the moon in the creek. feed the town with celestial light. i have always envied her, but the chill of the water turns me away. moonlight streams through it all. fish not swimming." Woah so good... I love the subtle repetition of the "fish not swimming" part. this sends chills down my spine! I'd keep quoting lines but that would lead to eventually quoting the whole piece so...
    Wow seriously i am in love with this. My mind is blown. wow.

Did I really say "thoroughly love"?? XD that's so awkward.

"icarus weeps, a rainfall in his name."
    "the world falls from your pockets. you never gave it to me, anyway. "
    "lonely poets on the riverbank. they think they wish they were us. we laugh at this."
    "pulling starlight from flesh. they cannot see me if i am only soul."
    Okay I know I shouldn't have pasted in that many quotes but I have so many favorite lines!! I thoroughly love this piece.