birthdaycandles

Ireland

Just an 18 yr old aspiring to be something like a living, walking (and writing) hug.

Pfp is art by Vanessa Stockard <3

-Joined Sept 2019, active since March 2020-
prev. AutumnRain

"In the end I think you're gonna wish you loved yourself a lot more, and craved love from everybody else a lot less."
- a song I can't remember the name of

Current reads...
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Tess Of The D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Circe by Madeline Miller (audiobook version - SO GOOD)

A friendly reminder that your number of published pieces doesn’t define you as a writer. Some people work more quickly than others, and for some it takes time. Work at your own pace, you’re doing great.

Where is your smile?

10

Tell, where do you hide your smile?
Behind a face mask?
Or behind your glassy eyes?

Anyone have any advice on how to smile at people you pass whilst wearing a face mask?!?
I’ve had too many awkward moments with this! So now I just give a little wave as I pass, can anyone relate? Lol

Also, sorry for the lack of posting, school’s been busy! Someone in my class tested positive and now I’ve to isolate at home for 2 weeks :/ So maybe that means I’ll have more time to focus on writing more? We’ll see. Hope you’re all good!! :)

Ahh, stay safe! Omg why is this sooooooooo relatable!!

1 day ago
  • I. Connolly

I so relate to this. Literally one of my teachers thought I was frowning when really I was trying to smile politely.

1 day ago
  • Coolgirl2020

YES, I CAN RELATE! It's crazy, I just kinda squint my eyes at people, 'cause I read somewhere that people think your smile is genuine if your eyes kinda squint, but I think I just looked like I'd lost my sight, so I don't suggest doing that. :)

• midnight.summerrose

Re:Thank you so much for this review, it's really helpful!! Your comments are really constructive and kind. Thanks I will incorporate the things you pointed out onto my third draft :)

This is short but amazing!! It is soo good.

Praying for you and your classmate <3

• Jasmine khawar

Replying: I'm glad you're fine :)
    And thanks for your comment too! In my place there are many positive cases, but not around my neighbor. It's at some places in my town....

• Jasmine khawar

Love love love this sweet little piece <3

SOMEONE IN YOUR CLASS TESTED POSITIVE? stay safe, take care <3